Grimm Forum
Nick Burkhardt: Immortal and Omnipotent? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick Burkhardt: Immortal and Omnipotent? (/Thread-Nick-Burkhardt-Immortal-and-Omnipotent)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nick Burkhardt: Immortal and Omnipotent? - irukandji - 04-02-2017

I was thinking about DG's comment that everyone will be happy with the series finale and this idea came to mind. While that's true, Grimm skirted a touchy issue, which is, Nick has the stick and conceivably is now the most powerful being on earth. He's proven it by not only bringing his friends to life, but has also altered their perceptions and memories as well.

Nick has already shown his addiction to stick. Now he has possession of the entire staff. Could he inevitably change into a new kind of Zerostorer?

RE: Nick Burkhart: Immortal and Omnipotent? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-02-2017

As long as he's keeping the staff in a cabinet and not carrying it around with him all the time, probably not. And if he did start to go that way, Mom and Aunt Marie would probably show up to do another intervention on him.

Imagine Nick getting the same treatment Meisner gave Sean, x2. And maybe 24/7. Because Kelly and Marie kind of make Meisner look like a wuss.

RE: Nick Burkhart: Immortal and Omnipotent? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 06:01 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was thinking about DG's comment that everyone will be happy with the series finale and this idea came to mind. While that's true, Grimm skirted a touchy issue, which is, Nick has the stick and conceivably is now the most powerful being on earth. He's proven it by not only bringing his friends to life, but has also altered their perceptions and memories as well.

Nick has already shown his addiction to stick. Now he has possession of the entire staff. Could he inevitably change into a new kind of Zerostorer?

If Nick is now immortal with the stick then that could be a problem. The gollum was turned immortal by the ring and over time turn into more and more a monster.

RE: Nick Burkhart: Immortal and Omnipotent? - irukandji - 04-02-2017

Do you think he brought the scoobies back to life to make himself happy or to make them happy?

With Nick, the primary motivation would probably be relief from guilt for not stopping it the first time. But we've only heard one desd person's thoughts about being dead, and Meisner didn't make it sound like a lot of fun. So my guess is that everyone feels pretty good about being not dead.

Probably less so if they knew their memories were tampered with.

Couldn't speak for them all, but I'd rather be alive and not remember dying.

I'd be wondering what other memories he changed.

RE: Nick Burkhart: Immortal and Omnipotent? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 06:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'd be wondering what other memories he changed.

If he does not tell them what happen then there could be consequences they are not prepared for.

RE: Nick Burkhart: Immortal and Omnipotent? - Mrtrick - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 06:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'd be wondering what other memories he changed.

He didn't change their memories so much as revert them to a point before those events happened. And in all likely hood, it was merely a subconscious desire on Nick's part that activated the stick. I think he probably intended to run around tapping everybody on the forehead (the police station would have been difficult). Also, there weren't many memories forgotten, that were anything other than harrowing. None that he witnessed first hand, that is. The mea culpas between Adalind and Renard get lost in time. Nick did tell Adalind that he loves her, for the first time. But I'm pretty sure he'll go out of his way to relive that one in short order.
Trubel may be wondering why she's suddenly outside Monroe and Rosalee's house when in the original progression of time, she was still probably a couple of hours away. And Adalind may be scratching her head about how the ring was there one minute and gone the next. Eve's situation is unusual, and the logistics of her becoming a hexenbeist again are worth debate, but the implication is that this is her desired identity. Whatever the case, I'm sure Nick tells them the whole story. He really has no reason not to, especially with the staff showing up in Monroe's living room. Eve saw Zerstorer wield that staff first had, and knew it was no where near the portal when they were pushed in. Considering everything they've gone through, I don't think they let Nick leave the room until he recounts that story. Plus, if I was Nick, I'd like them to stop looking at me as if I was nuts.