Grimm Forum
What I would like to have seen at the END - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: What I would like to have seen at the END (/Thread-What-I-would-like-to-have-seen-at-the-END)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

I know Renard helped Nick and the gang in the end but I don't think he's completely turned over a new leaf. I think in the future he'll be willing to help Nick out more but only if it doesn't interfere with his own self interest. I don't see him ever being in charge of HW or the Wesen counsel. He joined the group that murdered the Wesen counsel and actively worked to destroy HW Portland.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Mrtrick - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 11:25 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 11:23 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind would have to want a death wish for her and her children to be want to be with Sean and Conrad in BC.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying she left for Nick. I still wonder at Adalind's mental state.

Adalind wanted to go with Nick because she loves him. He's a good man. Every guy in her orbit up until this point has only wanted to use Adalind. Renard was worse than anybody. I'd wager that Nick is the first relationship in her whole life where she felt genuinely safe and cared for. All that emotional armor she's carried around for years, fell away pretty quick, because suddenly she was getting to know the most genuine man she'd ever been in a relationship with (even if, at the beginning, it was a relationship of necessity). He was a great Dad and he was kind and a bit of a knight in shining armor. No man has ever been that for her before. Hell, I doubt any guy has ever treated her with any respect. When you're surrounded by users and abusers, it's easy to fall for the hero.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Hexenadler - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 11:27 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: The penance Hadrian's wall forces on her is as much about the wiping away of her identity as it is the work she does for them after. She was, in fact, imprisoned and tortured. There's no doubt she suffered greatly through that process. But once Eve is Eve, she is in every sense, a different person. This makes any punishment handed out, of negligible impact. After her humanity begins to return, Eve lives in a nebulous duality of both women. Where once she was unmoved, now she speaks to her inability to forgive Juliette. She knows full well that she's speaking about herself, but the programming still remains in part, so that she can compartmentalize and function. The fight for her is about this very thing. Her purpose is in the struggle. It's because of the Juliette side that she is driven this way. She can't forgive so she must soldier on. The world has moved on and the stories given to those families will be what they carry forward. The men who pulled the triggers are dead, and there is little else that Eve could give to them, that would help it make sense. I suppose she could throw herself, prostrate at their feet and beg for forgiveness, but in the end that would be more about her than them. She could never tell them the whole story. The Wesen live outside of normal society. People could never accept it, so in most ways it must remain apart. There is so much that can't be explained to a lay person, that you have to approach everything from a different perspective. You can't ascribe the same rule of law we live under, to every fantasy world we witness, because they don't correlate. Her experience in becoming dark Juliette is removed from any human perspective known to us. What legal precedence do you use to determine her guilt in a court of law? How can she be given a fair trial when the salient points of her own defense, can't be spoken aloud? They live in a world that's split in two, and there are areas where they can't come together.

I'm sorry, but none of that makes any sense. Juliette's heart never stopped beating. Her brain never stopped functioning. There was nothing even remotely supernatural involved with her "rebirth." She's the same woman.

If we were talking about Fred and Illyria from "Angel," you might have a point. But we're not, so you don't. This isn't a case of a demon inhabiting someone else's body. Any argument to rationalize Eve as a completely different woman from a literal perspective is fundamentally flawed.

(04-04-2017, 12:06 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 11:27 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: The penance Hadrian's wall forces on her is as much about the wiping away of her identity as it is the work she does for them after. She was, in fact, imprisoned and tortured. There's no doubt she suffered greatly through that process. But once Eve is Eve, she is in every sense, a different person. This makes any punishment handed out, of negligible impact. After her humanity begins to return, Eve lives in a nebulous duality of both women. Where once she was unmoved, now she speaks to her inability to forgive Juliette. She knows full well that she's speaking about herself, but the programming still remains in part, so that she can compartmentalize and function. The fight for her is about this very thing. Her purpose is in the struggle. It's because of the Juliette side that she is driven this way. She can't forgive so she must soldier on. The world has moved on and the stories given to those families will be what they carry forward. The men who pulled the triggers are dead, and there is little else that Eve could give to them, that would help it make sense. I suppose she could throw herself, prostrate at their feet and beg for forgiveness, but in the end that would be more about her than them. She could never tell them the whole story. The Wesen live outside of normal society. People could never accept it, so in most ways it must remain apart. There is so much that can't be explained to a lay person, that you have to approach everything from a different perspective. You can't ascribe the same rule of law we live under, to every fantasy world we witness, because they don't correlate. Her experience in becoming dark Juliette is removed from any human perspective known to us. What legal precedence do you use to determine her guilt in a court of law? How can she be given a fair trial when the salient points of her own defense, can't be spoken aloud? They live in a world that's split in two, and there are areas where they can't come together.

I'm sorry, but that's all pure sophistry to excuse the inexcusable. Juliette's heart never stopped beating. Her brain never stopped functioning. There was nothing even remotely supernatural involved with her "rebirth." She's the same woman.

If we were talking about Fred and Illyria from "Angel," you might have a point. But we're not, so you don't. This isn't a case of a demon inhabiting someone else's body. Any argument to rationalize Eve as a completely different woman from a literal perspective is fundamentally flawed.

Actually, it literally is the case of a demon inhabiting her body. That's what a Hexenbeist is. The Eve reconditioning was about burying said demon. To do that, they had to break her down until Juliette was gone. At that point she was basically a machine. It's all subconscious, and with massive amounts of psychotherapy, they may have been able to unearth Juliette, but considering what she was capable of, the danger there would have been massive. Eve was an intelligent weapon at that point. Nothing more. It took the stick's cosmic power to punch holes in her conditioning. And it's never broken down fully.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - irukandji - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 12:06 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 11:23 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind would have to want a death wish for her and her children to be want to be with Sean and Conrad in BC.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying she left for Nick. I still wonder at Adalind's mental state.

Adalind wanted to go with Nick because she loves him. He's a good man. Every guy in her orbit up until this point has only wanted to use Adalind. Renard was worse than anybody. I'd wager that Nick is the first relationship in her whole life where she felt genuinely safe and cared for. All that emotional armor she's carried around for years, fell away pretty quick, because suddenly she was getting to know the most genuine man she'd ever been in a relationship with (even if, at the beginning, it was a relationship of necessity). He was a great Dad and he was kind and a bit of a knight in shining armor. No man has ever been that for her before. Hell, I doubt any guy has ever treated her with any respect. When you're surrounded by users and abusers, it's easy to fall for the hero.

Hank didn't abuse her. As for Nick loving Adalind.....well, he finally got around to telling her so. Too bad it wasn't even remotely believable.

But that's aside from my point. I think Eve and Renard would have been cool together. They really made some sparks and proved themselves a match for one another.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

Hank doesn't legitimately figure into Adalind's list of "guys in her orbit." He was only there because of her poisoned cookies.

(04-04-2017, 12:56 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Hank doesn't legitimately figure into Adalind's list of "guys in her orbit." He was only there because of her poisoned cookies.

Whether he was under a spell or not, he still didn't abuse her.

(04-04-2017, 12:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 12:06 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:

Hank didn't abuse her. As for Nick loving Adalind.....well, he finally got around to telling her so. Too bad it wasn't even remotely believable.

But that's aside from my point. I think Eve and Renard would have been cool together. They really made some sparks and proved themselves a match for one another.

I'm not counting Hank because nothing about that relationship was real. His personality was altered during that whole affair and to her it was nothing more than a job Renard wanted her to do.

I do agree about Eve and Renard though. They would make an intriguing pair. I can't really picture it being anything more than casual though.

(04-04-2017, 01:03 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: I do agree about Eve and Renard though. They would make an intriguing pair. I can't really picture it being anything more than casual though.

Not me. I think the two of them have changed and they would not look at relationships as they have in the past.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 01:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: Whether he was under a spell or not, he still didn't abuse her.

No, he didn't, but my point is, without the spell he wasn't a guy who wanted to be with her and was therefore not "in her orbit." Once the spell was broken, the only thing he wanted from her was distance.

You can also say that Wu, Bud, Franco and a dozen other cops who may have been in the precinct at various times Adalind was there never abused her, either.