Grimm Forum
Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania (/Thread-Adalinds-Baby-Frau-Pech-Stefania)

Pages: 1 2 3

Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - FräuleinWunderlich - 10-15-2013

I want to open an extra theme for Adalinds baby , Frau Pech and Stefania(theQueen of the Schwarzwald-Gypsies) because I think we get some more to see in season 3 (at least from Adalind &Stefania).

We have already talked about it in another topic how Stefania and Frau Pech fit in the Grimm world and in this thread I would like to continue the discussion.

(10-15-2013, 10:40 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 11:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote: It has often crossed my mind that Sean's mother may very well be alive, and even living in Portland, which seems to attract an inordinately large population of wesen.

But then the captain would have no reason to pull against the Royals in the war. And he don´t need Nick anymore.

(10-15-2013, 12:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote: @FrauleinWunderlich: Don't recall it being established about whether Renard's mother is dead or alive, but think it hasn't been addressed so far. But I think his interest in having a Grimm under his influence would not be affected if she were still alive, because he's probably going to have to protect her against further attacks from his half-brother Eric's jealous mother (also a good reason to keep her whereabouts a secret) - and a Grimm would help in that cause. If she is alive, it figures that the information will become known in Season 3, so we probably won't have to wait too long to see.

If she lives, she may be close to becoming a grandmother and that seems to work in favor of the Captain's claim to a place in the family, if only by strength of numbers. More palace intrigue ahead.

(10-15-2013, 12:51 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote:
(10-15-2013, 12:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote: If she lives, she may be close to becoming a grandmother and that seems to work in favor of the Captain's claim to a place in the family, if only by strength of numbers. More palace intrigue ahead.

During read through your posts, I had the idea that perhaps could be his mother Stefania... She don´t want that the Royals get Adalinds child and she has killed the woman who told the Royals that there is a child outside the royal familys. As viewer we assume from the fact that it in all their actions just about to get her the baby. But possibly she would still additionally protect the mother of her unborn grandson.

(10-15-2013, 01:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote: I have been thinking about the idea of Stefania being Renard's mother also. I do remember that she is a member of a European gypsy clan, but do not remember anything about her being a Hexenbiest. Know that the Frau was one. And Stefania has the four other sons, but they could be half-brothers to Sean and have a different father. One more thing that is interesting is that the Frau told Adalind that she knew her mother for many years. That tells me Catherine came from Europe also. So maybe Catherine knew or knows Renard's mother.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-15-2013

I don't think Stefania is a hexenbiest since we never saw her woging . OK, that proves nothing Wink.
Renards mother fled to America, why should she come back to Europe and risk her life?

Quote from "Mr. Sandman"
Adalind: I'm pregnant
F. Pech: Who is the unlucky man?
Adalind: that's where it gets interesting. It's one of two, actually. They happen to be brothers. Oh, half-brothers, technically.

Did we consider ERIC could be the baby's father? I didn't till I re-watched this episode.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - grimmfreak - 10-15-2013

Maybe when Stefania did the test to find out if the baby was royal she was also finding out if it was her grandson and later we can find out that she would have killed Adalind then and there if it was Eric's... This is an interesting idea, lot's of potential.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - pale boy - 10-16-2013

As far as I remember, they never officially solved the question of who the father is. We (the audience) just know that either Eric or Renard are candidates. The reveal will probably happen this season, (although maybe Adalind won't care so long as the baby is a Royal.)

I like the idea of throwing Renard's mother into the mix. I don't think she has been mentioned as explicitly alive or dead, but it's been a while since I watched any relevant episodes. It would be a very amusing twist if Stefania was his mother, though.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - speakeasy - 10-16-2013

Yes, there has always been the possibility of Eric also being the father of Adalind's baby. That's why I wrote that Sean's mother may be close to being a grandmother, if she is alive. What a mess, and what fun!

Since my last posting I've been trying to think of where a storyline could go if Sean's mother were to appear. Hit a wall because can't figure out what they would do with her, but my belief is that he is the father of Adalind's baby - and having another Hexenbiest around would be interesting. But either way, we fans should be let in on more information on the royal families because of this. These are interesting items for consideration:

1. Sean has taken the surname of Renard, since he is a bastard it isn't truly 'legal'. But there is a King Renard and someone has to assume the crown after his demise.

2. Sean seems to be the older brother of Eric. If so, and Eric is killed off, that would put Sean next in line for the throne in terms of birth order. That would give Eric's mother good reason to want to do away with mother and son, originally. But if Adalind's child is Eric's issue, and even if we're back to the illegitimacy problem, that child would still have to be considered as a possible monarch, with Eric's mother acting as Queen-Regent.

3. Sean is fighting his family, but it remains unclear just why he is doing so. He does seem to believe they are in collusion with the other royal families to rule the world, but nobody's perfect. But it also could be that he is trying to establish a claim to the throne.

4. Stefania is a Queen also. Perhaps she is a member of one of the seven royal houses. If so, she has another reason to keep Adalind close to her.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - FräuleinWunderlich - 10-17-2013

(10-16-2013, 01:23 AM)speakeasy Wrote: 4. Stefania is a Queen also. Perhaps she is a member of one of the seven royal houses. If so, she has another reason to keep Adalind close to her.

Would she not also interested in the Death of the child? And if she is, why she doesn´t kill Adalind not immediately when she came to Stefania?

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - speakeasy - 10-17-2013

FraulienWunderlich wrote:
RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania
Would she not also interested in the Death of the child? And if she is, why she doesn´t kill Adalind not immediately when she came to Stefania?

Good point. Because when you come down to it, Stefania is really not a good fit to be Sean's mom. She is most likely just a powerful practitioner of gypsy magics, and the go-to broker of nefarious trades on the royal blackmarket. And certainly must have connections to the royal houses, as did Frau Pech. But there probably isn't any blood relationship with the Captain. Still, it's a provocative idea. I just really want to know more about who these royals are; maybe we'll be shown more about them with the arrival of Eric's cousin.Smile

I don't think Eric's family is aware of Adalind's pregnancy at this time; has it been revealed to them? If they find out, Eric could marry Adalind, (should he live long enough!) to give the child real legitimacy, since it will be related to King Renard no matter who the father is. Don't think Sean would take well to that arrangement.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - FräuleinWunderlich - 10-18-2013

After re-watched the Volcanalis episode one thing I noticed; Frau Pech arranged the meeting between Adalind and Stefania.Wherein she repeatedly emphasized how powerful Stefania is and she said that it was difficult to arrange a meeting. If Frau Pech and Stefania are sworn enemies, then it makes no sense, that Frau Pech pass over the baby in Stefanias hands.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - speakeasy - 10-19-2013

Quote:FrauWunderlich wrote: After re-watched the Volcanalis episode one thing I noticed; Frau Pech arranged the meeting between Adalind and Stefania.Wherein she repeatedly emphasized how powerful Stefania is and she said that it was difficult to arrange a meeting. If Frau Pech and Stefania are sworn enemies, then it makes no sense, that Frau Pech pass over the baby in Stefanias hands.

I haven't yet gotten to that episode in my rewatch (lucky winner of the Season 2 DVD Sweepstakes!) of the season, but maybe it's just a case of the two women (Stefania and Frau Pech) entering into a business arrangement to sell the royal child for profit. It just seems as if there is a more personal or familial connection, however. The good news is that we will most likely be brought somewhat up to date on this subject next Friday!!! (Most, if not all, of the episode will be centered on all things zombie, but they might squeeze in a little Adalind scene or two.)

Hope that weird little icon at the top means something good, because I can't get rid of it.

RE: Adalinds Baby,Frau Pech& Stefania - pale boy - 10-19-2013

(10-16-2013, 01:23 AM)speakeasy Wrote: 3. Sean is fighting his family, but it remains unclear just why he is doing so. He does seem to believe they are in collusion with the other royal families to rule the world, but nobody's perfect. But it also could be that he is trying to establish a claim to the throne.

It almost seems as if the Royals have some sort of literal (and supernatural) power over Wesen. Although there's never been any word on what, exactly, the Royals are (human, Wesen, Grimm, something else?), maybe that plays into the power dynamic and inheritance issues? Despite his illegitimacy, it seems that Sean Renard is somehow capable of establishing his own "kingdom" as it were, in Portland even if the rest of his Royal family doesn't like the idea.

Maybe anyone of Royal blood can do the same kingdom-establishing. o_o Maybe that's why the baby is so important.