Grimm Forum
'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale (/Thread-Grimm-21-essential-episodes-to-watch-to-get-ready-for-the-finale)

'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - MarylikesGrimm - 03-14-2017

The article title is 'Grimm: 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale'. I am not telling you to watch them.

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2017/03/grimm_22_essential_episodes.html

The Pilot, Season 1, Episode 1: Where it all began
Danse Macabre, Season 1, Episode 5
Three Coins in a Fuchsbau, Season 1, Episode 13
Island of Dreams, Season 1, Episode 15
Woman in Black, Season 1, Episode 22
Bad Moon Rising, Season 2, Episode 3
A Dish Best Served Cold, Season 3, Episode 3
The Wild Hunt, Season 3, Episode 11
Mommy Dearest, Season 3, Episode 14
Nobody Knows the Trubel I've Seen, Season 3, Episode 19
Blond Ambition, Season 3, Episode 22
Wesenrein, Season 4, Episode 9
Trial By Fire, Season 4, Episode 13
Iron Hans, Season 4, Episode 19
Headache, Season 4, Episode 21
Cry Havoc, Season 4, Episode 22
The Grimm Identity, Season 5, Episode 1
Wesen Nacht, Season 5, Episode 6
Into the Schwarzwald, Season 5, Episode 12
The Taming of the Wu, Season 5, Episode 19
Blind Love, Season 6, Episode 7 - Blind Love" was so entertaining it can be watched on its own.

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - New Guy - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 08:29 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2017/03/grimm_22_essential_episodes.html

The Pilot, Season 1, Episode 1: Where it all began
Danse Macabre, Season 1, Episode 5
Three Coins in a Fuchsbau, Season 1, Episode 13
Island of Dreams, Season 1, Episode 15
Woman in Black, Season 1, Episode 22
Bad Moon Rising, Season 2, Episode 3
A Dish Best Served Cold, Season 3, Episode 3
The Wild Hunt, Season 3, Episode 11
Mommy Dearest, Season 3, Episode 14
Nobody Knows the Trubel I've Seen, Season 3, Episode 19
Blond Ambition, Season 3, Episode 22
Wesenrein, Season 4, Episode 9
Trial By Fire, Season 4, Episode 13
Iron Hans, Season 4, Episode 19
Headache, Season 4, Episode 21
Cry Havoc, Season 4, Episode 22
The Grimm Identity, Season 5, Episode 1
Wesen Nacht, Season 5, Episode 6
Into the Schwarzwald, Season 5, Episode 12
The Taming of the Wu, Season 5, Episode 19
Blind Love, Season 6, Episode 7 - Blind Love" was so entertaining it can be watched on its own.
Hi Mary,
Are you going to re-watch all 21 "Essential" Episodes? I generally do not re-watch TV shows or movies. Some exceptions would be Fantasia for the great music (too bad digital recording was not available in 1940) and Star Wars. I watch the After Buzz and re-watch the prior episode of Grimm prior to each new episode, but not the older episodes.
The plot line that most annoys me (and many other Grimm fans) is the Juliette > Hexenette > FrankenEve story arc. You may recall that G&K pronounced her dead and to my knowledge have never recanted:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/grimm-creators-finales-surprising-death-795616
Quote:So… let’s get right to it: Is Juliette really dead?
David Greenwalt: That’s a great question. Now, I think that’s a question that will be--
Jim Kouf:
Quote:Hell yeah
! We can only afford so many people in the fifth year.
. . .
Can you talk about the decision to kill her off and how far back was this conceived?
Greenwalt: As she, you know, turned into a Hexenbiest and went kind of wild and then started enjoying her powers and then felt so betrayed by Nick having Adalind’s baby even though it wasn’t Nick’s fault... it was just the natural way she grew and developed in the course of the season and it seemed like that was something inevitable that had to happen.
http://www.tv.com/shows/grimm/community/post/grimm-juliette-dead-confirm-comic-con-nbc-143666153014/
Quote:The panel's moderator, EW's Lynette Rice, asked executive producer Greenwalt if Juliette was really dead, likening her death in the finale to Jon Snow’s on Game of Thrones as a possible misdirection, but Greenwalt confirmed that yes, Juliette is indeed dead.
That doesn't jibe with the recap in the 03/14/2017 Oregon Live article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2017/03/grimm_22_essential_episodes.html
Quote:Cry Havoc, Season 4, Episode 22

The Season 4 finale, "Cry Havoc," brought an awful climax to the terrible conflict between Juliette-as-Hexenbiest and Nick. In a confrontation at their house, Nick chokes Juliette, but can't bring himself to kill her. Just as she seems ready to kill him, Trubel appears, and shoots Juliette with two arrows. Juliette falls to the floor as Nick bends over her. It looks like Juliette is dead. But as we later found out, she wasn't.
What did Oregon Live "find out later?" Did G&K recant Juliette's death? Did HW have a red and black two headed snake?
N G

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - syscrash - 03-14-2017

Quote:What did Oregon Live "find out later?" Did G&K recant Juliette's death? Did HW have a red and black two headed snake?
New Guy you will never get it. What makes her Juliette died. The personality is gone. The show and writers have never detracted from that. The person is alive. That is why Trubel said she was alive when Chavez took her. That is also why you have never heard any interview speak of resurrection or back from the dead.

In summary personality died person is not. they are not the same. The concept is common. In religion it is seen are rebirth. You are no long who you used to be. You even have some that change their name to fit their religious affiliation.

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - izzy - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 02:36 PM)New Guy Wrote: I generally do not re-watch TV shows or movies.

As an aside, Have Gun will Travel is one show where I have watched some episodes many times. Some of the plot points are so easy to miss on what at times are some of the cleverest scripts I have ever seen.

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - New Guy - 03-15-2017

(03-14-2017, 06:32 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:What did Oregon Live "find out later?" Did G&K recant Juliette's death? Did HW have a red and black two headed snake?
New Guy you will never get it. What makes her Juliette died. The personality is gone. The show and writers have never detracted from that. The person is alive. That is why Trubel said she was alive when Chavez took her. That is also why you have never heard any interview speak of resurrection or back from the dead.

In summary personality died person is not. they are not the same. The concept is common. In religion it is seen are rebirth. You are no long who you used to be. You even have some that change their name to fit their religious affiliation.
So Syscrash, what part of "yes, Juliette is indeed dead" do you not understand? Those are Greenwalt's words, not mine. He produces the show, not you or I.
N G

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - syscrash - 03-15-2017

That is what I said the Juliette personality is died. The person is not. That is why like she said she in no longer juliette. You do understand the difference between they personality and the person.

RE: 'Grimm': 21 essential episodes to watch to get ready for the finale - New Guy - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 04:31 AM)syscrash Wrote: That is what I said the Juliette personality is died. The person is not. That is why like she said she in no longer juliette. You do understand the difference between they personality and the person.
Syscrash,
You (again) failed to prove your point. For the umpteeth time here is the question and Greenwalt's reply:
Quote:The panel's moderator, EW's Lynette Rice, asked executive producer Greenwalt if Juliette was really dead, likening her death in the finale to Jon Snow’s on Game of Thrones as a possible misdirection, but Greenwalt confirmed that yes, Juliette is indeed dead.
1. Juliette is a person, not a personality.
2. "Really dead" as in deceased.
3. "Yes", as in yes. "Indeed", as to emphasize a statement or response confirming something already suggested. "Dead" as in dead.
They used Plain English to avoid any doubt that she in fact died.
N G