Grimm Forum
S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises (/Thread-S6E08-The-Son-Also-Rises)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - GrimmForum - 02-24-2017

Season 6 Episode 8
The Son Also Rises

[Image: uNAzaDgl.jpg]

Air Date: February 24, 2017

Synopsis: Deadly attacks on a team of scientists lead Nick (David Giuntoli), Hank (Russell Hornsby) and Wu (Reggie Lee) on an investigation unlike any they have had before. Meanwhile, as the research continues into the origins of the cloth, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) learn that Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) is still feeling the after effects of the death grip. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) reaches out to an old friend to get answers to the origins of the symbols drawn by Diana.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - syscrash - 02-24-2017

What I found most interesting about this episode is the scientist created something dangerous. At the same time Sean finds out his daughter is connected to something coming that is dangerous. What is interesting is we know how Diana was created. We know Stefanie made a contract with a spirit. My question how does Adalind justify what she did. She sold her daughter by signing a magical contract that involves and unworldly spirit.

I am thinking because she was still under the influence of the cream she was using. Eve is now also part of this contract. That would explain why Juliette became a hexenbiest.

The question is how much of that will be known by the group. Or will it be like most things only the viewers know the whole story. As far as the group will know it will be because Eve was exposed to the death grip.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - MANTItotheCore - 02-24-2017

As much as I love Grimm this episode was such a disappointment.

So, the Dr. Viktor (Frankenstein) Shelly (as in Mary Shelly?) created a Shelly's Monster? Ok, it was made from Wessen parts, so there was that, I guess, but what a huge rip off.

Nick's feelings for J/E are reemerging, I guess... That will show Adalind not to miss an episode, huh?

Interesting to see J/E woge again...she bit the grimey arm? yuk...

Monroe's dream was pretty good.

Liked to see Hank and Wu work a case together.

Sean spoke his 110th language. The man is a Rosetta Stone.

Hoping for much better next week. Not really feeling a big build up so far.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - syscrash - 02-25-2017

Why have Nick say Juliette is in the hospital. Also why have him sitting bed side all day. After blind love where Nick acts like he loves Adalind. Yet Eve expresses her complaints. Now she moves out because she needs her space from Nick and Adalind. Why all of this if they are not going to have Eve compete to try an get back with Nick. This whole will the or will they not with Nick and Eve is not interesting. Just leave them as co workers. Why bring up the guilt and regret.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - degrimm - 02-25-2017

you are completely right; we were all enjoying the dynamic of things then these episode!!! this is getting boring. If he intends on getting his revenge for his mother's death, then it's understandable but we dont want romantic feelings back for nick on eve

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-25-2017

They wanted to put Russell and Reggie in the spotlight so they did an episode where Hank and Wu run a case without Nick. Other than that and the side bit about Sean learning how important the symbols are, all the other characters were just given something to do that kept them out of the action.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - MarylikesGrimm - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 12:02 AM)syscrash Wrote: Why bring up the guilt and regret.

I thought Juliette/Eve was actually going to talk about it with Nick. It turned out it was mostly negative flashbacks relating to Eve/Juliette by Nick which is strange to have while sitting next to someone bedside in a hospital.

Was Nick thinking he should have left Juliette/Eve when he turned into a Grimm? He wishes he should have listened to his Aunt not his mother?

I have noticed Rosalee again sees Eve as a friend. With Adalind, Rosalee seems to accept her because of Nick and the kids. Rosalee expresses concern about Eve. I can not think of one time she expressed concern about Adalind. other then in reference to Nick or the kids.

Even Adalind never seems comfortable at the shop. Even when Nick and Monroe where in Germany Adalind and Rosalee where like two people trying to learn to be friends. For the last few episodes Eve and Rosalee having been working on the symbols and appear extremely comfortable with each other. To have Rosalee concerned that Eve has some place to says alot. They also invited Eve on the trip. Would they have invited Adalind if not for Nick.

And I think that is the big question without Nick and the kids, would Adalind even be in the group. Since Eve has no connection it is clear they accept her for her.

RE: S6E08 - The Son Also Rises - izzy - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 12:21 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: They wanted to put Russell and Reggie in the spotlight so they did an episode where Hank and Wu run a case without Nick. Other than that and the side bit about Sean learning how important the symbols are, all the other characters were just given something to do that kept them out of the action.

Without having seen the episode this sounds intuitively correct. As I mentioned, said the signal I got was season 6 was bought and paid for in advance, so to speak, the creative team was already working on their next series, so Season 6 became an exercise in career oriented wish fulfillment for the actors of the series.

Hence David gets to direct, Sasha gets to play the baddie he wanted, Bitsie gets to try out yet another persona and attempt to act again, Claire gets to keep a paycheck coming while being areal life mother, and Reggie and Russell get more screen time to showcase their skills and further their careers.

While the results may not be overall enthralling to the fans of the show, I must say it is nice to hear someone actually takes care of the actors and actresses in the dog eat dog world of Hollywood.

Quote:I thought Juliette/Eve was actually going to talk about it with Nick. It turned out it was mostly negative flashbacks relating to Eve/Juliette by Nick which is strange to have while sitting next to someone bedside in a hospital.

Was Nick thinking he should have left Juliette/Eve when he turned into a Grimm? He wishes he should have listened to his Aunt not his mother?

All of the flash back where things that he has been feeling guilty about. Even his mom head their is guilt. We know that from how season 5 ended. Juliette begged Nick to kill her, but he could not. He was not even willing to fight with her. To me his moms head represents the culmination of the result of Juliette becoming a hexenbiest.