Grimm Forum
The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 (/Thread-The-Extreme-Grimm-Rewatch-Season-1)

The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - wfmyers1207 - 02-24-2017

OK, I know I'm jumping the gun a little here, but finished watching S1 last night and wanted to enter these things while it was still fresh in my mind. Smile

So, here are my picks for Season 1.
Favorite Episode:
Going with "Island of Dreams". It was a toss up between this one and "Leave It To Beavers". I went with Island because we meet Rosalee for the first time! Big Grin

Getting ahead of myself a little, but Rosalee has been as solid as a rock through the entire series. She has been friend, lover, "sister", confidante, councilor, apothecary and combat medic to the rest of the crew. She has been asked to do dangerous, illegal and downright disgusting things and never once asked for praise or reward. They don't make them any better! Heart

Least Favorite Episode:
"Lonelyhearts". I know such things have actually happened where young women have been held captive by rapists. Still I found this episode disturbing and not very enjoyable at all. The show seems to have had some issues with rape fantasies over the years that I have never cared for. Sad

Favorite Wesen:
Damonfeuer hands down! Danielle Panabaker was totally hot in every sense of the word. Yes, I'm a pig! I'm a guy and I may be getting older but I ain't dead yet! Tongue

Lamest Wesen:
Mauzhertz. C'mon these critters would have gone extinct in a single generation. Every other wesen on the planet would have eaten them! Tongue

Dropped Plotline:
Renard as a wesen crime lord. I think I understand why the writer's dropped this one. In the show's world Nick and Hank are damned good detectives. They would have caught on sooner rather than later.

That would have led to a confrontation with Renard that would have resulted in the characters' elimination from the show. Probably in season 2, but early Season 3 at the latest. They wanted to keep the character long term so they just let the matter drop.

Still, I would have liked to have seen that play out. Would have been interesting. Dodgy

Well, that's it for me for now. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you grimmsters! Big Grin

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - jsgrimm45 - 02-24-2017

Like you I cheated in a way

The complete first season for myself may the the best, because we were new to Grimm.

My favorite I have three way tie Beeware this is the episode Nick and Monroe connect, Island of Dreams also for Rosalee, but again Monroe helps out, and like you Leave it to the Beavers. For how Bud turns out, as a scoobie and as a leader to his friends.

Least Favorite also was Lonelyhearts you covered the reasons.

Favorite wesen Rosalee and how she learned to trust Nick even with Ian.

Episode I found the most interesting was Cat and Mouse where we get the royal resistance and short history of Grimms.

I've got other to add later, as I do some more thinking the first season had all firsts so a lot to think about.

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - brandon - 02-24-2017

Chapter 2:dream Nick with Marie in the trailer: the claw of jagerbar
The thing with feathers: Nick helping a "Wesen". Im not interested in your walk with Juliette.
Three coins in a fuchsbau: the revelations about Marie.dreams of Renard by the power.
Bud with the other men talking he saw a "Grimm". To hide.
Rosalee.
The last Grimm standing:
Nick forgot his dinner for helping Monroe. Leave It to beavers: the pile of gifts for Nick.
Game ogre.
Plumed serpent: the stolen kiss.the trip in the wagon and the story of Monroe.
The death of the cousin of Renard and the exact teory Nick's about it

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - wfmyers1207 - 02-25-2017

Well, some interesting if limited quotes so far. Smile

@js, I also liked "Cat and Mouse" for those reasons. We all got quite a bit of background on what was happening in the underground world of wesen and Royals and it was a great set up for Season 2.

One thing about S1 that disappointed me a lot was how they handled the character of Juliette. In episodes like "Organ Grinder", "Game Ogre" and "Bigfeet" I was hoping she would find out about wesen and become a real member of the team. But, alas no. Even when she found out everything at the end of S2 she was pretty much just hanging around and wondering what to do. The character was never much more than a plot device. To bad. Sad

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 1 - wfmyers1207 - 02-26-2017

Are we going to get any more comments? Kind of hoping some other folks add their 2 cents worth. Smile