Grimm Forum
So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. (/Thread-So-Diana-doesn-t-know-Juliette-betrayed-Kelly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-26-2017

I see that as a grey area, because she was trying to get Sean on her side but still not walking out on the royals yet. Playing two sides against each other.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - MarylikesGrimm - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 12:30 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I see that as a grey area, because she was trying to get Sean on her side but still not walking out on the royals yet. Playing two sides against each other.

No, she was telling the truth. Ken did not trust her because she did not want Sean to die. Sean gave her address to Juliette so she could find her and kill her. In Irons Hans, she went to Sean and Nick from protection from Juliette. Adalind never would have thought Sean would have targeted her for death. Sean felt guilty about it and that is why he told Nick to believe her about his baby.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Robyn - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 12:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I don't think Adalind had a sudden, all-changing epiphany, but Diana's birth started her down a long road to change. Initially, it was only her objective that changed - instead of self-interest and an attraction to power her goal became getting her daughter back - but her willingness to use trickery and manipulation and use or abuse others to achieve her ends did not.

The next step in Adalind's change came when she gave birth to Kelly in circumstances that were at least as dangerous and uncertain as when she had Diana, and she realized that continuing to do things the same way was just asking for misfortune to befall her second child.

I think the thing that finally put Adalind solidly in the changed woman category was Nick giving her the choice to bring Kelly and come with him when he sold the house, and then not expecting her to do anything except parent Kelly with him. Probably the first time in her life that anyone had ever offered her anything with no strings attached.
People rarely have an instantaneous, all-changing epiphany, rather, an event/regret that compels them to make changes in themselves and their lives. That’s what I was referring to with Adalind having her ‘epiphany’ when Diana was born. I doubt Adalind had ever experienced pure, unconditional love before, as the receiver or giver.

I don’t discount Nick’s actions helping Adalind’s efforts to be a better person and a good mother after Kelly was born, but I don’t discount his actions interrupting the better path she’d already chosen after Diana was born. We can assume Viktor would have found her and Diana in Brazil or wherever they ended up, but it’s only an assumption. However, we know what happened because Kelly and the others believed they knew best.

(02-26-2017, 01:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: No, she was telling the truth. Ken did not trust her because she did not want Sean to die. Sean gave her address to Juliette so she could find her and kill her. In Irons Hans, she went to Sean and Nick from protection from Juliette. Adalind never would have thought Sean would have targeted her for death. Sean felt guilty about it and that is why he told Nick to believe her about his baby.
Are you making an assumption or did the episode establish that Renard realized he was wrong to help Juliette kill Adalind?

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Hell Rell - 02-26-2017

I think Adalind was already on the road to change once Diana was born. It wasn't instantaneous but it's clear her mindset had changed.

Adalind went to Nick to get him to contact Kelly in an effort to retrieve Diana. She knows that Kelly killed Catherine but put that aside and even took some of the blame herself for that happening in order to get Diana back. I didn't get any impression she was being insincere or planned on getting revenge on Kelly after they retrieved Diana.

I do wonder what would've happened had Adalind been given an offer to go into hiding with Kelly. I think she probably would've gone if Renard explained the situation to her. Adalind likely would've gone anywhere if it meant she could be with Diana.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - MarylikesGrimm - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 01:46 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 12:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I don't think Adalind had a sudden, all-changing epiphany, but Diana's birth started her down a long road to change. Initially, it was only her objective that changed - instead of self-interest and an attraction to power her goal became getting her daughter back - but her willingness to use trickery and manipulation and use or abuse others to achieve her ends did not.

The next step in Adalind's change came when she gave birth to Kelly in circumstances that were at least as dangerous and uncertain as when she had Diana, and she realized that continuing to do things the same way was just asking for misfortune to befall her second child.

I think the thing that finally put Adalind solidly in the changed woman category was Nick giving her the choice to bring Kelly and come with him when he sold the house, and then not expecting her to do anything except parent Kelly with him. Probably the first time in her life that anyone had ever offered her anything with no strings attached.
People rarely have an instantaneous, all-changing epiphany, rather, an event/regret that compels them to make changes in themselves and their lives. That’s what I was referring to with Adalind having her ‘epiphany’ when Diana was born. I doubt Adalind had ever experienced pure, unconditional love before, as the receiver or giver.

I don’t discount Nick’s actions helping Adalind’s efforts to be a better person and a good mother after Kelly was born, but I don’t discount his actions interrupting the better path she’d already chosen after Diana was born. We can assume Viktor would have found her and Diana in Brazil or wherever they ended up, but it’s only an assumption. However, we know what happened because Kelly and the others believed they knew best.

(02-26-2017, 01:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: No, she was telling the truth. Ken did not trust her because she did not want Sean to die. Sean gave her address to Juliette so she could find her and kill her. In Irons Hans, she went to Sean and Nick from protection from Juliette. Adalind never would have thought Sean would have targeted her for death. Sean felt guilty about it and that is why he told Nick to believe her about his baby.
Are you making an assumption or did the episode establish that Renard realized he was wrong to help Juliette kill Adalind?

Yes, it is my opinion but to go from wanting someone dead to pushing Nick to help Adalind is a big change that I could only understand from guilt. Sean watched nearby as Juliette, Nick and Adalind had the confrontation at the station like he would assist, if needed.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Kwu9888 - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 01:46 PM)Robyn Wrote:

f

But that is what an epiphany is a sudden realization or awareness of something

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Robyn - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 02:07 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Yes, it is my opinion but to go from wanting someone dead to pushing Nick to help Adalind is a big change that I could only understand from guilt. Sean watched nearby as Juliette, Nick and Adalind had the confrontation at the station like he would assist, if needed.
I either missed or can’t remember Renard pushing Nick to help Adalind. I only remember him reluctantly agreeing to her talking to Nick in his office. I assumed Renard was watching/listening from a distance in case Juliette revealed he had helped her find Adalind and that he wanted her dead too.

(02-26-2017, 02:26 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: But that is what an epiphany is a sudden realization or awareness of something
The realization yes, but immediately taking stock of your life and making instant changes, not so much.

Adalind didn’t suddenly become a saint, but changes began to occur in her behavior. When in labor she was screaming don’t let this thing kill me. Later, she noticed referring to herself as us, risked exposure to help Meisner, and didn’t want to leave Sebastian behind even if it gave them a head start. I imagine Adalind was as surprised to hear herself say the Royals would have to kill her to get Diana as Kelly was disappointed to hear it.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - dicappatore - 08-13-2017

Been re-watching the series and I got up to where Diana confronts Juliette at the fome and asks her about her other mom Kelly which led me to this thread. After reading the posts. It amazes me how some posters make up excuses for Juliette’s actions.

Some claim that she wasn’t aware what Ken had planned for Kelly. Maybe she didn’t expect for Kelly to be decapitated but to think she didn’t expect her to be killed if pure denial. While she was sitting pretty on her bed waiting for Kelly to call her and Verat was killing her neighbors. What was she thinking? Was she expecting Kenneth to ask Kelly for Diana nicely? Or that Ken and Verat never made it clear to Juliette they were intent of killing anyone. Pure hogwash!

I have seen text that maybe Diana was part of the cause of Juliette’s turning into a super-Hex, since Adalind, Juliette and Diana all had a subliminal connection. Some even state that Juliette was just finishing what Adalind had started when she told the Royals that Diana was with Kelly. Kelly was nowhere to be found in Portland. What got her there was all Juliette scheming after she teamed up with her new toy-boy Ken. What a Barbie!

Another miss-conception is how some claim that Adalind was trying to sell Diana. She was never wanted to sell her to the Royals for cash or wealth. She wanted to be accepted as part of the Royal family with Diana on her side as her Mother.

After 7 or 8 pages, I had to stop reading. These same people excuse Juliette from coming forward to Nick first before going to Sean after their history because she was scared of Nick killing her. Nick was involved with a half a dozen Hex. Adalind herself. The two co-workers from Adalind law firm that were killed by Mellifer Wesen (Bees) in Season 1. E3. The other Hex were Catherine, Sean’s mom Elizabeth and Henrietta that I can think of. He did not kill any of them.

In that same Bee episode, he actually ends up guarding a Hex. The same Hex Adalind, that tried to kill his aunt which he confronts her in the hotel she is being guarded in. Yet we are to accept this lame excuse like all the other lame excuses. Poor little Juliette was scared of the big bad Grimm.

When the other posters confront them with actual show facts of their crap interpretations of the actual details, such as this post, most revert back and blame the writers. Yet somehow, Nick was going to break protocol on how he treated all the other Hex’es. Yet, he was going to go postal on the love of his life.

But somehow when Nick goes out for a walk after she shows off her new look. For that small infraction, they blame the character, not the poor writing. Or that men are unable to comprehend when a woman is being rejected. Just a few of more lame excuses.

One thing did change after this episode. Juliette ends up moving into the Spice Shop and uses the excuse that Nick and Adalind needed their space and she needed hers. I think she was scared of Diana.

Well If my re-write would have stayed as such to this point. I would have at least had Diana toss Juliette around the fome like she did to that Lieutenant that thought he kidnapped Diana. Then I would have it topped off with the bitch’s voge head chopped off! With the words “For Kelly” scratched on her forehead!

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - New Guy - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 04:05 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Been re-watching the series and I got up to where Diana confronts Juliette at the fome and asks her about her other mom Kelly which led me to this thread. After reading the posts. It amazes me how some posters make up excuses for Juliette’s actions.

Some claim that she wasn’t aware what Ken had planned for Kelly. Maybe she didn’t expect for Kelly to be decapitated but to think she didn’t expect her to be killed if pure denial. While she was sitting pretty on her bed waiting for Kelly to call her and Verat was killing her neighbors. What was she thinking? Was she expecting Kenneth to ask Kelly for Diana nicely? Or that Ken and Verat never made it clear to Juliette they were intent of killing anyone. Pure hogwash!

I have seen text that maybe Diana was part of the cause of Juliette’s turning into a super-Hex, since Adalind, Juliette and Diana all had a subliminal connection. Some even state that Juliette was just finishing what Adalind had started when she told the Royals that Diana was with Kelly. Kelly was nowhere to be found in Portland. What got her there was all Juliette scheming after she teamed up with her new toy-boy Ken. What a Barbie!

Another miss-conception is how some claim that Adalind was trying to sell Diana. She was never wanted to sell her to the Royals for cash or wealth. She wanted to be accepted as part of the Royal family with Diana on her side as her Mother.

After 7 or 8 pages, I had to stop reading. These same people excuse Juliette from coming forward to Nick first before going to Sean after their history because she was scared of Nick killing her. Nick was involved with a half a dozen Hex. Adalind herself. The two co-workers from Adalind law firm that were killed by Mellifer Wesen (Bees) in Season 1. E3. The other Hex were Catherine, Sean’s mom Elizabeth and Henrietta that I can think of. He did not kill any of them.

In that same Bee episode, he actually ends up guarding a Hex. The same Hex Adalind, that tried to kill his aunt which he confronts her in the hotel she is being guarded in. Yet we are to accept this lame excuse like all the other lame excuses. Poor little Juliette was scared of the big bad Grimm.

When the other posters confront them with actual show facts of their crap interpretations of the actual details, such as this post, most revert back and blame the writers. Yet somehow, Nick was going to break protocol on how he treated all the other Hex’es. Yet, he was going to go postal on the love of his life.

But somehow when Nick goes out for a walk after she shows off her new look. For that small infraction, they blame the character, not the poor writing. Or that men are unable to comprehend when a woman is being rejected. Just a few of more lame excuses.

One thing did change after this episode. Juliette ends up moving into the Spice Shop and uses the excuse that Nick and Adalind needed their space and she needed hers. I think she was scared of Diana.

Well If my re-write would have stayed as such to this point. I would have at least had Diana toss Juliette around the fome like she did to that Lieutenant that thought he kidnapped Diana. Then I would have it topped off with the bitch’s voge head chopped off! With the words “For Kelly” scratched on her forehead!

Hi Dicap,
You wrote another fine post. IMO, the biggest Juliette/Hexenette/FrankenEve fans were Greenwalt and Kouf. They had no regard for morals, ethics or virtue. They had no respect for reality, even ignoring the permanence of death. That is why Juliette never suffered appropriate consequences for her heinous acts.
It would have been a climactic triumph to have Diana deliver the just deserts.
N G

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Robyn - 08-13-2017

I’ve always considered absolute hatred of a character to be as nonsensical and unbalanced as absolute adulation of a character. Depending on the biased direction, everything is either Juliette’s fault or Adalind’s fault. It appears to me that some viewers shared G & K’s chauvinist views - everything bad that happened to the male ‘hero’ was the fault of an evil or confused or ungrateful female - making Juliette and/or Adalind on-going culprits behind Nick’s woe-is-me drama.

To blame Kelly’s death solely on Juliette is akin to laying all the fault on Nick - much of the fallout would have been avoided if he’d ended his relationship with Juliette when he became a Grimm. It’s an accurate statement but it’s unfair and requires a knowledge of where every path would lead.

Kelly didn’t automatically deserve a death sentence because she stole someone’s child, but her death was the result of her actions. Adalind didn’t deserve to have her baby stolen because of bad decisions and selfish actions, but they led to her losing Diana. Juliette didn’t deserve to become a Hexenbiest, but her freely-made choices led to her becoming one.

It could be that G & K’s lack of commitment to the characters and their storyline’s is the reason Juliette and Adalind are either completely at fault or free of fault and rarely a balanced combination of the two extremes. Instead of making a decision that Juliette would slide to the dark side and committing to it, G & K lobbed her back and forth without exploring the various reasons for her wavering behavior. But it was never about that character and her story, it was about Nick’s woe-is-me drama - caused by Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest and violent, and Adalind becoming pregnant and vulnerable. The two female characters didn’t have storylines that stood on their own, but rather, drifted inside Nick’s shadow.

Diana didn’t learn about Juliette’s involvement in Kelly’s death because the scene wasn’t about Diana, and certainly not about Juliette receiving punishment - deserved or alleged. It was a cue card scene to express Juliette’s remorse and establish her firmly in the good guy camp - look into the camera and show a glimpse of regret/heartache.