Grimm Forum
Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? (/Thread-Grimm-Is-Nick-Going-to-End-Up-Alone)

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 02:15 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Yeah, because that's the first and only thing we ever see Nick do. Nothing he did for the previous four years, and however many years before he realized he was a Grimm, matters. Neither does what Nick did for the next twenty years.

No, Nick was corrupt before he murdered Kenneth. He was corrupt after he murdered Kenneth. The thing with Nick is that because he performs a good act here and there, the bad acts, even murder, are overlooked.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Hell Rell - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 02:15 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Yeah, because that's the first and only thing we ever see Nick do. Nothing he did for the previous four years, and however many years before he realized he was a Grimm, matters. Neither does what Nick did for the next twenty years.

No, Nick was corrupt before her murdered Kenneth. He was corrupt after he murdered Kenneth. The thing with Nick is that because he performs a good act here and there, the bad ones, even murder, are overlooked.

It wasn't overlooked. Most people on this forum said murdering Kenneth was corrupt. They've also pointed out several of his other flaws.

On another note, you seem to project how you feel about Nick onto the characters. They simply don't view him the way you do and wouldn't abandon them. This discussion started because you said there was a good possibility of him ending up alone due to his small group of friends and that expanded to his morality which the other characters hold in high regard.

(11-24-2018, 02:35 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: This discussion started because you said there was a good possibility of him ending up alone due to his small group of friends and that expanded to his morality which the other characters hold in high regard.

So it was a combined effort.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - N_grimm - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: You said Nick as written and portrayed was a social person. He needed people around him he could trust. So tell me. Where are all of the old friends Nick, the social person, could trust? For that matter where are the new friends? All I saw at the end were the kids. And if you take Diana's statement to heart, then Nick is no longer just hunting the bad ones. His group is killing wesen.

Let me see if I get this right: When answering questions about what happened to the other characters in Grimm, except Nick, Adalind, Kelly, Diana and the triplets, the writers said they didn’t have time to include that in the ending. But you think they should include new friends Nick met in the future, and use their absence as proof that he didn’t have friends? Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall.

(11-24-2018, 02:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: Diana did not get Nick back because she had an emotional connection with him. She got him back for Adalind. You keep trying to piece things together to establish some kind of an emotional connection between them and it just isn't there.

Why the heck shouldn't Diana bond with Nick? In addition to what the other contributors have said, I just want to remind you that Nick rescued Diana from Z. It was only Nick that could save her from a horrible fate. I'm sure she never forgot.

(11-24-2018, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: No, Nick was corrupt before he murdered Kenneth. He was corrupt after he murdered Kenneth. The thing with Nick is that because he performs a good act here and there, the bad acts, even murder, are overlooked.

I have never seen a crime or superhero series where the detectives or heroes always follows the law. Grimm was about a man who had to balance being a cop with being a Grimm. Nick fights against evil monsters and villains that can only be defeated with untraditional methods. But keep telling yourself that Nick is evil and the villains are heroes.

]
(11-24-2018, 03:41 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Why the heck shouldn't Diana bond with Nick? In addition to what the other contributors have said, I just want to remind you that Nick rescued Diana from Z. It was only Nick that could save her from a horrible fate. I'm sure she never forgot.

Nick brought Z into this world with him. He owes it to Diana to rescue her, don't you think? Why you're equating that into some kind of bonding ritual is beyond me.

(11-24-2018, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: I have never seen a crime or superhero series where the detectives or heroes always follows the law. Grimm was about a man who had to balance being a cop with being a Grimm. Nick fights against evil monsters and villains that can only be defeated with untraditional methods. But keep telling yourself that Nick is evil and the villains are heroes.

When the hero does exactly the same things the villains in the series do, there's no way he can be the hero.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 11-24-2018

Is
(11-24-2018, 03:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: ]
(11-24-2018, 03:41 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Why the heck shouldn't Diana bond with Nick? In addition to what the other contributors have said, I just want to remind you that Nick rescued Diana from Z. It was only Nick that could save her from a horrible fate. I'm sure she never forgot.

Nick brought Z into this world with him. He owes it to Diana to rescue her, don't you think? Why you're equating that into some kind of bonding ritual is beyond me.

(11-24-2018, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: I have never seen a crime or superhero series where the detectives or heroes always follows the law. Grimm was about a man who had to balance being a cop with being a Grimm. Nick fights against evil monsters and villains that can only be defeated with untraditional methods. But keep telling yourself that Nick is evil and the villains are heroes.

When the hero does exactly the same things the villains in the series do, there's no way he can be the hero.

No if it’s anyone fault it’s Eves she’s the dumbass who went through the Mirror in the first place even though she was told serveral Times it was a bad idea to cross through the Mirror. It was Diana herself who pulled Nick through the Mirror the first time so Nick holds zero blame but since when did the stop you blaming him anyway, Nicks worse than Zerstorer after all in your eyes.

(11-24-2018, 04:06 PM)Henry of green Wrote: No if it’s anyone fault it’s Eves she’s the dumbass who went through the Mirror in the first place even though she was told serveral Times it was a bad idea time to cross through the Mirror. It’s was Diana herself who pulled Nick through the Mirror so Nick holds zero blames but since when did the stop you blaming him anyway Nicks worse than Zerstorer after all in your eyes.

Nick's a big boy. Eve didn't yank him by the arm into the other side. He went of his own free will. It was Z who hitched a ride with him, not Eve.

(11-24-2018, 04:11 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 04:06 PM)Henry of green Wrote: No if it’s anyone fault it’s Eves she’s the dumbass who went through the Mirror in the first place even though she was told serveral Times it was a bad idea time to cross through the Mirror. It’s was Diana herself who pulled Nick through the Mirror so Nick holds zero blames but since when did the stop you blaming him anyway Nicks worse than Zerstorer after all in your eyes.

Nick's a big boy. Eve didn't yank him by the arm into the other side. He went of his own free will. It was Z who hitched a ride with him, not Eve.

Diana pulled Nick through the Mirror he didn’t have a choice, Nicks not responsible for everything as much as you want him to be.

(11-24-2018, 04:14 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Diana pulled Nick through the Mirror he didn’t have a choice, Nicks not responsible from everything as much as you want him to be.

Nick had a choice. He never should have gone in the first place.

(11-24-2018, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 04:14 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Diana pulled Nick through the Mirror he didn’t have a choice, Nicks not responsible from everything as much as you want him to be.

Nick had a choice. He never should have gone in the first place.

Eve also had a choice she never should have gone you can’t blame one without the other it was her who set events in motion.