Grimm Forum
Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? (/Thread-Grimm-Is-Nick-Going-to-End-Up-Alone)

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 12:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 09:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: I believe my words were "Technically, with the small following Nick has, he could conceivably end up alone".

Anybody can "conceivably end up alone," if they lose or alienate every friend or relative they have and never make any new ones. And yes, Nick's friends and relatives all live somewhat more dangerous lives than the average person. But when was Nick ever portrayed as someone who was remotely likely to never make any new friends?

Sure they can. But this thread's about Nick, not about *anybody*.

(11-24-2018, 10:13 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: And considering just the next generation itself, how will Nick conceivably end up alone? Who's killing Diana, Kelly, and the triplets? I don't see all of them having a falling out either.

Who said anything about them dying or falling out? You seem to be under the impression that because Nick bought them another little trailer to play around in *and* they get to go on his jobs, that's a reason for them to just stay with him forever.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-24-2018

My point, which you apparently missed, was that while anybody could end up alone, they would have to actively contribute to that happening by not making new friends as well as losing the ones they had, and that Nick was not portrayed as someone who was likely to do that.

(11-24-2018, 12:38 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: My point, which you apparently missed, was that while anybody could end up alone, they would have to actively contribute to that happening by not making new friends as well as losing the ones they had, and that Nick was not portrayed as someone who was likely to do that.

I didn't miss your point, obviously. But why is it when I state that Nick could conceivably end up alone, do you bring up a generic argument? The thread is about Nick and just because Adalind and the kids are there twenty years later, it doesn't mean he can't end up alone.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - brandon - 11-24-2018

I have not seen Nick have friends before Monroe appears.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 12:46 PM)irukandji Wrote: I didn't miss your point, obviously. But why is it when I state that Nick could conceivably end up alone, do you bring up a generic argument? The thread is about Nick and just because Adalind and the kids are there twenty years later, it doesn't mean he can't end up alone.

Because your statement was so broad that it was generic. Nick could "conceivably" end up alone. He could also "conceivably" decide to chuck his work as a cop and grimm, get some retraining and become the main character of a medical drama or a sitcom about a guy who runs a bar. If you ignore all the characteristics Nick was portrayed as having on the series, that is.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Hell Rell - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 12:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Who said anything about them dying or falling out? You seem to be under the impression that because Nick bought them another little trailer to play around in *and* they get to go on his jobs, that's a reason for them to just stay with him forever.

Because that's all Nick did for for them and nothing more?

You seem to think that there was no emotional connection whatsoever between Nick and his son, stepdaughter, and his best friends' kids.

And why do you think they're just his jobs?

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Because that's all Nick did for for them and nothing more?

Tell me what he did for them.

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: You seem to think that there was no emotional connection whatsoever between Nick and his son, stepdaughter, and his best friends' kids.

I know there was an emotional connection between him and Kelly. I didn't see one between him and Diana.

You'll have to enlighten me on the emotional connection between Nick and his best friend's kids because I don't know what kind of an emotional connection that occurred between them.

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: And why do you think they're just his jobs?

Are you saying they were his life?

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 12:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Who said anything about them dying or falling out? You seem to be under the impression that because Nick bought them another little trailer to play around in *and* they get to go on his jobs, that's a reason for them to just stay with him forever.

Because that's all Nick did for for them and nothing more?

You seem to think that there was no emotional connection whatsoever between Nick and his son, stepdaughter, and his best friends' kids.

And why do you think they're just his jobs?

Hell Rell, don’t be silly thier clearly all just hanging around Nick for his Grimm Fourtune and his pension then they’ll all clear off soon enough with Nicks trailer in tow leaving Nick on his lonesome.

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Because your statement was so broad that it was generic. Nick could "conceivably" end up alone. He could also "conceivably" decide to chuck his work as a cop and grimm, get some retraining and become the main character of a medical drama or a sitcom about a guy who runs a bar. If you ignore all the characteristics Nick was portrayed as having on the series, that is.

You said Nick as written and portrayed was a social person. He needed people around him he could trust. So tell me. Where are all of the old friends Nick, the social person, could trust? For that matter where are the new friends? All I saw at the end were the kids. And if you take Diana's statement to heart, then Nick is no longer just hunting the bad ones. His group is killing wesen.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Because that's all Nick did for for them and nothing more?

Tell me what he did for them.

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: You seem to think that there was no emotional connection whatsoever between Nick and his son, stepdaughter, and his best friends' kids.

I know there was an emotional connection between him and Kelly. I didn't see one between him and Diana.

You'll have to enlighten me on the emotional connection between Nick and his best friend's kids because I don't know what kind of an emotional connection that occurred between them.

(11-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: And why do you think they're just his jobs?

Are you saying they were his life?

You didn’t see any at all between him and Diana tell me who else did Diania hug besides her perants except for Nick. Diana risked her own safety to get Nick back the mirror, so much so that Renard and Adalind had to hold into her when Nick was coming back through the portal as it seemed to be dragging her in as well. She also warmly told Nick I’m not afraid anymore in a pretty emotional way before they hugged in 6x13.