Grimm Forum
Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? (/Thread-Grimm-Is-Nick-Going-to-End-Up-Alone)

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Hell Rell - 12-04-2018

If Nick were The Flash or a member of the Legends, I would say a whole lot and then some.

I don't see Nick doing too much damage. He doesn't seem like he's drunk on power and he's probably just happy to have everyone back. Having them all back probably was his paradise.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - N_grimm - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 06:01 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 12:56 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I don’t think Nick is going to use the staff to create his own paradise. The only thing it did was bringing his friends back to life and helping Adalind (i.e. Kelly and Diana) escape Bonaparte’s spell. Nick is probably only going to use the staff as a last option in his fight against evil. It will probably spend most of the time in the new trailer. (I suppose it is able to defend itself against theft).

He already did. Nick was ready to return the shard to Z, if it would bring his friends back. At the end when he possibly defeats Z, he tells Trubel he didn't help them. Not long after, the thought hits him that he can bring them back to life.

Next thing you know, they're back to life.

I don’t like the phrase “when he possibly defeats Z”, because he did.

Although I have no doubt Nick thinks he’s in paradise when he discovers that everyone is alive, that's not my point. I'm talking about what happens in the future. The staff gives Nick the opportunity to change the world, but he will only use it to fight evil. He will not abuse its powers, such as a power hungry and corrupt person like Renard would have done.

(12-04-2018, 02:25 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: If Nick were The Flash or a member of the Legends, I would say a whole lot and then some.

I don't see Nick doing too much damage. He doesn't seem like he's drunk on power and he's probably just happy to have everyone back. Having them all back probably was his paradise.

Yes, that was my point.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 02:37 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I don’t like the phrase “when he possibly defeats Z”, because he did.

It depends on what one thinks Z is. I do not mean this offensively, but if this creature is the equivalent of the devil, can an insignificant grimm really defeat such an entity?

(12-04-2018, 02:37 PM)N_grimm Wrote: The staff gives Nick the opportunity to change the world, but he will only use it to fight evil. He will not abuse its powers, such as a power hungry and corrupt person like Renard would have done.

We're talking about a staff that satisfies Nick's desires. He's already used it for purposes that had nothing to do with fighting evil.

(12-04-2018, 10:41 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The next question is how much accidental damage Nick does to the space time continuum before he figures out what the staff is capable of and how to control it properly.

Nick is not a man who has demonstrated wisdom beyond his years or the strength to endure. I don't think he can control a staff that has proven it can give him whatever he wants. Would he really give any thought to changing the space time continuum to satisfy those wants if say, Monroe dies again and he wants Monroe to come back to life? I don't think so.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-04-2018

I wasn't thinking along the lines of Nick trying to do anything like that. More along the lines of him idly wishing something was so while holding the staff and poof! it is so. Plus, it doesn't seem to muck with space-time to bring just one person back, such as when Z resurrected Trubel.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 12-05-2018

Nick definitely defeated Zerstorer, according to the shows script and what happend onscreen, from everything that was shown and said indicated Zerstorer was gone forever nothing even hinted that wasn’t the case.

Kelly- Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors.
And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed.

According to kelly Nick defeated Zerstorer.

Diana-Nick, he didn't come back through.
Nick-No, he didn't.
Diana-He's dead, and I'm not afraid anymore.
Nick-Neither am I.

According to the all powerful Diana Zerstorer is dead.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 12-05-2018

I agree Z's physical form is dead. But, if as implied in the series, this is devil, he is immortal, then could a girl who has no background on this entity **and** who fell under its powers really state with certainty that he is dead?

(12-04-2018, 09:43 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wasn't thinking along the lines of Nick trying to do anything like that. More along the lines of him idly wishing something was so while holding the staff and poof! it is so. Plus, it doesn't seem to muck with space-time to bring just one person back, such as when Z resurrected Trubel.

But here's the thing. For all of this power of the grimm, this blood of the grimm, this descended from the first grimm such solemn statements designed to make any grimm proud, what is it that Diana grabs so they can fight wesen? Z's staff.

(12-05-2018, 05:17 AM)irukandji Wrote: I agree Z's physical form is dead. But, if as implied in the series, this is devil, he is immortal, then could a girl who has no background on this entity **and** fell under its powers really state with certainty that he is dead?

(12-04-2018, 09:43 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wasn't thinking along the lines of Nick trying to do anything like that. More along the lines of him idly wishing something was so while holding the staff and poof! it is so. Plus, it doesn't seem to muck with space-time to bring just one person back, such as when Z resurrected Trubel.

But here's the thing. For all of this power of the grimm, this blood of the grimm, this descended from the first grimm solemn solemn statements designed to make any grimm proud, what is Diana grabs so they can fight wesen? Z's staff.

Yes but Diana didn’t grab it for herself she grabbed it to give to Nicks son Kelly who is a direct Grimm descendant.

My point exactly. Why are they using the enemy's instrument when they have "the power of the grimm" on their side?

(12-05-2018, 05:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: My point exactly. Why are they using the enemy's instrument when they have "the power of the grimm" on their side?

Kelly Burkhardt senior told Nick it was his responsibility to look after the staff now it’s not an enemy staff anymore it’s Niicks and Nicks family’s job to look after now.

How does looking out for the staff equate to, "be sure and take it with you anytime you have wesen to kill"?