Grimm Forum
End the Echochamber - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Site)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Feedback)
+--- Thread: End the Echochamber (/Thread-End-the-Echochamber)

End the Echochamber - Belle - 01-28-2017

There was a time when this forum involved a lot of vibrant exchanges with participants representing diverse opinions.
Sadly, now it is nothing more than a handful of people who mostly just rehash the same tired ideas because they all agree with one another.
What happened?
A handful of bullies harassed any users who dared disagree with them until they either got them banned or made participation so unpleasant they quit.
It's disheartening to see what this forum has become during the last season of the show because it could have been so much more.

RE: End the Echochamber - speakeasy - 01-28-2017

I'm an old-timer around here and most of those who joined the discussion when I did are gone. I view it as mostly a natural fall-off, but I do acknowledge a bit of what you say as valid.

What disappoints me the most is the use of spoiler language in threads that aren't specifically identified as such. Like to see that change.

I think I can guess much of a profile about cultural, religious, and political positions of many posters here by way of their responses to episodes and characters, but that's fine because I am comfortable with diversity of opinion. I don't like conflict, but have been guilty of engaging in it at times. Come back to the Forum, Belle.

RE: End the Echochamber - Hell Rell - 01-28-2017

I haven't been around as long as you guys have and maybe there was more disagreement in the past but I definitely haven't noticed an echo chamber. I've even noticed disagreements when people were on the same wavelength.

From what I've observed, Juliette and Adalind have been the main sources of discussion on the board and has caused the most debates and that has only ramped up as the show has gone on. I can't tell you how many disagreements I've had with other posters and I'm one of the least active participants on this board. I've noticed a lot more being a lurker and some threads have gotten so heated that they had to be shut down. I notice some people agreeing but it's far from an echo chamber. There were some lengthy discussions that at some point included "agree to disagree" in the past week alone.

This is one of the few boards I post on and the tolerance for dissent is one of the main reasons. We have plenty of posts pointing out the positives and negatives of the show and I don't feel like the board is filled with haters who will jump down your throat if you say something you liked about the show or fanboy stereotypes who will say the dreaded "If you don't like it don't watch it" if you say anything less than positive about it.

I don't know what the general opinion of this season has been so far. I think it hasn't returned to its glory days but I think it has been better than it's been in the last couple of seasons so far and I'm enjoying it.