Grimm Forum
S6E04 - El Cuegle - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E04 - El Cuegle (/Thread-S6E04-El-Cuegle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - jsgrimm45 - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 07:13 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 07:08 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 05:45 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 10:19 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick, Hank and Wu ran this case totally within the lines and by the book.
Isn't that because Renard made it clear he would not cover up anything and threatened their jobs if they got out of line?

If Renard isn't going to look the other way and participate in cover ups, why keep he around as precinct captain?
One reason was to give him more than one enemy he how has BC looking at him and a LT who cared out a job for him that Nick ended. He likely will find he has to help the scoobie police officers to stay alive. Just a thought.
So it was contrived for the sake of action rather than a continuation of the characters' story.
Short answer yep.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - StrangeGirl - 01-29-2017

Kinda boring, filler episode, the only good part was Daddy and daughter bonding time with Diana and Renard. That was pretty interesting.And, a thought, Why didn't Eve just leave through the other exit? Or when Adalind had left, and Nick left, she got out then?
(me while watching Eve scenes)
"Oh, you're jealous? Look how much I care. Just.Look" *rolls eyes* "Wait, what are you doing.DO NOT OPEN THAT. DON'T" *sigh and cringe* "I thought you were supposed to be smart" "Wait, why doesn't she just leave the other way." "....what is she doing to that wall."
Anyways, it was really boring, and the sad part is, other than the few Miesner scenes, Diana and Renard, there was nothing important. ALL. FILLER. True, there's Eve, but it's not like we could see what she was doing to the wall. It just looked like she was giving the wall a bath.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - brandon - 01-29-2017

The report cop would say this:
Case abduction of an infant. Found alive.
Suspect: unknow
Reasons: unknow
No more consultations with the captain

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - speakeasy - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 07:22 AM)StrangeGirl Wrote: Kinda boring, filler episode, the only good part was Daddy and daughter bonding time with Diana and Renard. That was pretty interesting.And, a thought, Why didn't Eve just leave through the other exit? Or when Adalind had left, and Nick left, she got out then?
"Oh, you're jealous? Look how much I care. Just.Look" *rolls eyes* "Wait, what are you doing.DO NOT OPEN THAT. DON'T" *sigh and cringe* "I thought you were supposed to be smart" "Wait, why doesn't she just leave the other way." "....what is she doing to that wall."
Anyways, it was really boring, and the sad part is, other than the few Miesner scenes, Diana and Renard, there was nothing important. ALL. FILLER. True, there's Eve, but it's not like we could see what she was doing to the wall. It just looked like she was giving the wall a bath.

Think she was interpreting the symbols on the cloth. The stick seemed to have given her that ability when it burned one sign on her hand when she picked it up.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - StrangeGirl - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 08:19 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 07:22 AM)StrangeGirl Wrote: Kinda boring, filler episode, the only good part was Daddy and daughter bonding time with Diana and Renard. That was pretty interesting.And, a thought, Why didn't Eve just leave through the other exit? Or when Adalind had left, and Nick left, she got out then?

Think she was interpreting the symbols on the cloth. The stick seemed to have given her that ability when it burned one sign on her hand when she picked it up.

Probably, but we can only ASSUME. We won't know until the next episode

(01-29-2017, 08:19 AM)speakeasy Wrote:

Probably, but we can only ASSUME. We won't know until the next episode

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - Kathryn Wooten - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 08:22 AM)StrangeGirl Wrote: [quote='speakeasy' pid='43196' dateline='1485703188']
[quote='StrangeGirl' pid='43175' dateline='1485699735']
Kinda boring, filler episode, the only good part was Daddy and daughter bonding time with Diana and Renard. That was pretty interesting.And, a thought, Why didn't Eve just leave through the other exit? Or when Adalind had left, and Nick left, she got out then?

I believe the stick is making or had given Eve the knowledge about the stick it self or what is coming in the near future (a instruction manual as it were) but without anyone knowing how to read it... it will be kind of useless

Just rewatched the episode and noticed that Bitsie seems to be using her birth name, Elizabeth, in the credits.

"Foretold our fate, by the gods' decree, all heard and none believed the prophecy." was the motto used for this episode (apparently, it comes from the Illiad about the legend of Troy). Could mean El Cuegle's foretelling of tragedy and no one believing him, or it could mean something about the relic storyline.

Whatever the meaning of the opening quote from literature, Eve is being more and more transformed by the stick; now she's being used as a communicator of the stick's message, whether she's translating the actual symbols on the cloth or something else entirely. Boy, both Nick and Eve are losing their individual wills to the power of these relics, imo. Gonna take someone far stronger to harness the potential of these magical items. Enter Diana, in my view.

Anyone know who (BC operative) is talking to Renard on the phone; sound like a familiar accent, but I can't place it. And Meisner is now corporeal, they're going to have get engaged. Big Grin He does seem to be acting as Sean's conscience to me and using his temporary return to this earthly plane as a way to make Sean join in the fight against BC, not merely to haunt him. I'm so glad I don't live in the world of Grimm.

El Cuegle was a tailor's nightmare, but was a very sympathetic wesen, imo. Don't know if it is a feature of that kind of wesen to be so tortured by knowing too much, but I found him to be very decent and cruelly star-crossed.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - panther19 - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 10:16 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Just rewatched the episode and noticed that Bitsie seems to be using her birth name, Elizabeth, in the credits.

"Foretold our fate, by the gods' decree, all heard and none believed the prophecy." was the motto used for this episode (apparently, it comes from the Illiad about the legend of Troy). Could mean El Cuegle's foretelling of tragedy and no one believing him, or it could mean something about the relic storyline.

Whatever the meaning of the opening quote from literature, Eve is being more and more transformed by the stick; now she's being used as a communicator of the stick's message, whether she's translating the actual symbols on the cloth or something else entirely. Boy, both Nick and Eve are losing their individual wills to the power of these relics, imo. Gonna take someone far stronger to harness the potential of these magical items. Enter Diana, in my view.

Anyone know who (BC operative) is talking to Renard on the phone; sound like a familiar accent, but I can't place it. And Meisner is now corporeal, they're going to have get engaged. Big Grin He does seem to be acting as Sean's conscience to me and using his temporary return to this earthly plane as a way to make Sean join in the fight against BC, not merely to haunt him. I'm so glad I don't live in the world of Grimm.

El Cuegle was a tailor's nightmare, but was a very sympathetic wesen, imo. Don't know if it is a feature of that kind of wesen to be so tortured by knowing too much, but I found him to be very decent and cruelly star-crossed.

Yes, "Bitsie" is using Elizabeth now. It's a beautiful name and much more professional sounding. IMO, Eve is having negative and painful reactions to the stick, as if it is picking up all of her bad side, which doesn't surprise me.
Nice scenes between Sean and Diana, but I see him probably using her powers to advance whatever his future agenda might be. Diana's powers can go either way. I don't envision her being more powerful than the stick. But we shall see.

(01-29-2017, 10:16 AM)speakeasy Wrote: "Foretold our fate, by the gods' decree, all heard and none believed the prophecy." was the motto used for this episode....

(01-29-2017, 10:30 AM)panther19 Wrote: Yes, "Bitsie" is using Elizabeth now. It's a beautiful name and much more professional sounding. IMO, Eve is having negative and painful reactions to the stick, as if it is picking up all of her bad side, which doesn't surprise me.
Nice scenes between Sean and Diana, but I see him probably using her powers to advance whatever his future agenda might be. Diana's powers can go either way. I don't envision her being more powerful than the stick. But we shall see.

Kelly predicted that Diana was capable of both great good or great evil and she thought the child should not be raised by the Royal family. I am thinking that is part of the prophecy of the stick and cloth and it concerns Diana. Sean is a Royal prince, and you may be right about his trying to influence Diana to his own selfish ends - just as Kelly foresaw. But he's my favorite character so naturally I'm pulling him to be directed by his better angels.

Dunno why but I've got this idea that Diana is the center around which all things will circle in this story. The writers are making her powers grow exponentially and no one seems to have a grip on what, if any, their limits will be. You're right, we shall see. Smile

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - rpmaluki - 01-29-2017

Sean will continue to get his way until a little bit of Meisner's haunting and a lot of Diana's life being in danger swings him back to the side of angels, at least this is my take on the rest of the season where his character is concerned.