Grimm Forum
S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain (/Thread-S6E03-Oh-Captain-My-Captain)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Purity - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 04:36 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:20 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 03:34 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 01:52 AM)degrimm Wrote: Yeah right now it's funny how season 1 hexenbiest removal kiss is all of a sudden a first and romantic kiss.
I said it over and over again here that, was nick really in love with juliette or was just scared of been alone and you all said yes but now, I think we all know the answer and they 've given it to us.
Either that, OR it could just be another of their ways to want us to believe the nadalind relationship when truly it's still the most fictional unbelievable relationship they 're forcing us to believe.
BY THE WAY JUST A QUICK NOTE- Diana looks pissed but only further episodes will tell.
S1 kiss wasn't a romantic kiss, Adalind clarified that. It was a tactical move on Nick's part to steal her powers, there was zero romantic feelings about it before or after.
S1 kiss was a romantic kiss to nick, I didn't say it was to adalind. To adalind it wasn't for her and she clarified it but to nick it was.
I once said that there are a whole lot of different ways he could have his blood into her without having to kiss her;what if she hadn't bitten his lips, cos there was no way he would ve known that she was gonna bite his lips. Yeah it might 've been a tactical move but there was a reason the writers chose those events, it meant something personal to him with her.

Yeah I remember you kept saying that last season and we were all like naah. So I guess Nick was killing two birds with one stone with that godawful kiss.

More a reason why lots saw the Adalind/Nick love arc early. It had always been the writers plan to bring these 2 together but in a disfunction type of twist being it all supernatural and all. The chemistry was there, the bread crumbs were put (rpmaluki quote), there were sparks between the 2 as they used thier hatred for each other to mask their real feelings. It was the viewers to pick up the pieces and add them up and patience.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Grimmbiest11 - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 04:33 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 01:52 AM)degrimm Wrote: Yeah right now it's funny how season 1 hexenbiest removal kiss is all of a sudden a first and romantic kiss.
I said it over and over again here that, was nick really in love with juliette or was just scared of been alone and you all said yes but now, I think we all know the answer and they 've given it to us.
Either that, OR it could just be another of their ways to want us to believe the nadalind relationship when truly it's still the most fictional unbelievable relationship they 're forcing us to believe.
BY THE WAY JUST A QUICK NOTE- Diana looks pissed but only further episodes will tell.
S1 kiss wasn't a romantic kiss, Adalind clarified that. It was a tactical move on Nick's part to steal her powers, there was zero romantic feelings about it before or after.
S1 kiss was a romantic kiss to nick, I didn't say it was to adalind. To adalind it wasn't for her and she clarified it but to nick it was.
I once said that there are a whole lot of different ways he could have his blood into her without having to kiss her;what if she hadn't bitten his lips, cos there was no way he would ve known that she was gonna bite his lips. Yeah it might 've been a tactical move but there was a reason the writers chose those events, it meant something personal to him with her.
You have a point. I have wondered the same thing about Nick and his choice to kiss her. If she never bit him what was he going to do? Speaking of Nick and his unspoken attraction for Adalind at the beginning of the show, I always thought it strange when Juliette made herself to look like Adalind and Nick wasn't put off by that at all. I'd even say that was probably the most vigorous love making between him and Juliette which, ironically was no different than when it was Adalind looking like Juliette.

Those are like little bread crumbs that may explain Nick's current love life, why he's choosing to stay with and love Adalind despite being a hexenbiest with their very turbulent history.
He knew it was all Juliette underneath so maybe he kinda braved it. Buy yeah in retrospect Nick looked really guilty and embarrassed for enjoying the wild romp with 'Adalind' who was disguised as Juliette. Juliette actually asked him if he couldn't tell the difference that it wasn't her. He only started getting really angry when he realized his Grimm had gone kaput as a result

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - degrimm - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 03:50 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 02:45 AM)degrimm Wrote: Let's them be honest with themselves, there isn't really any conflict. If there should be, they had done a bad job from the start of season 1 and now in season 6 instead of showing by actions, they are still trying to make us believe by putting words out there for us to hear it and believe/accept it. @ d beginning of season 6, they dropped it there and now they revert to words accepted love/relationship.
these writers have never been good at writing relationships, particularly Nick's which is strange considering they have done such a stellar job with Monroe and Rosalee. I think the short season forced them into a corner they'd written themselves with S5. Realistically speaking, Nick and Adalind should want nothing more to do with one another but because they were "forced" to shack up together during the previous season, we are expected to accept that being confined together in a small space with one common goal of raising their son opened up additional possibilities of pursuing an actual relationship.

From Adalind's perspective, I can see why she quickly grew attached to Nick, given her history. Nick is a mystery. I know he values her as a mother to his child but what more than that? There's something there but writers still think they are being clever in keeping it close to Nick's vest. He supposedly loves Adalind but why does he? I think the writers don't want him to say the words just yet for some weird reason but why, since they've made it clear that he does? With 13 episodes, they've opted for the telling and not showing option which is reminiscent to how I perceived Juliette's feelings for Nick for the first four seasons. The only difference is I can actually see Nick's attraction to Adalind as opposed to Juliette's attraction, or lack thereof, to Nick.

Edit: I'm not saying Juliette never did anything to show her love for Nick, I'm saying I never saw anything in her actions that showed me why she loved him when all I ever saw of their relationship made her utterly miserable much more than it made her happy. And Nick wasn't helping things either being selfish.
Yeah I completely agree points in the first paragraph but
in the second, Nick's attraction to adalind mysteriously appeared in s06e01. The last I checked in s05 ending, he was willing to take his child and leave adalind high and dry in renard's home. So what changed. either The stick made him fall in love with adalind or point of steering death in the face made him realize it

(01-21-2017, 04:47 AM)Purity Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:36 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:

Yeah I remember you kept saying that last season and we were all like naah. So I guess Nick was killing two birds with one stone with that godawful kiss.

More a reason why lots saw the Adalind/Nick love arc early. It had always been the writers plan to bring these 2 together but in a disfunction type of twist being it all supernatural and all. The chemistry was there, the bread crumbs were put (rpmaluki quote), there were sparks between the 2 as they used thier hatred for each other to mask their real feelings. It was the viewers to pick up the pieces and add them up and patience.

Hmm I wouldn't say the writers had planned it in advance since Claire was just a guest star at the point. I think when she got pregnant and they wrote her pregnancy in the story that's when they decided to make it a thing. Now this is them trying to tie in some kind of build up.

(01-21-2017, 04:53 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 02:45 AM)degrimm Wrote: Let's them be honest with themselves, there isn't really any conflict. If there should be, they had done a bad job from the start of season 1 and now in season 6 instead of showing by actions, they are still trying to make us believe by putting words out there for us to hear it and believe/accept it. @ d beginning of season 6, they dropped it there and now they revert to words accepted love/relationship.
these writers have never been good at writing relationships, particularly Nick's which is strange considering they have done such a stellar job with Monroe and Rosalee. I think the short season forced them into a corner they'd written themselves with S5. Realistically speaking, Nick and Adalind should want nothing more to do with one another but because they were "forced" to shack up together during the previous season, we are expected to accept that being confined together in a small space with one common goal of raising their son opened up additional possibilities of pursuing an actual relationship.

From Adalind's perspective, I can see why she quickly grew attached to Nick, given her history. Nick is a mystery. I know he values her as a mother to his child but what more than that? There's something there but writers still think they are being clever in keeping it close to Nick's vest. He supposedly loves Adalind but why does he? I think the writers don't want him to say the words just yet for some weird reason but why, since they've made it clear that he does? With 13 episodes, they've opted for the telling and not showing option which is reminiscent to how I perceived Juliette's feelings for Nick for the first four seasons. The only difference is I can actually see Nick's attraction to Adalind as opposed to Juliette's attraction, or lack thereof, to Nick.

Edit: I'm not saying Juliette never did anything to show her love for Nick, I'm saying I never saw anything in her actions that showed me why she loved him when all I ever saw of their relationship made her utterly miserable much more than it made her happy. And Nick wasn't helping things either being selfish.
in the second, Nick's attraction to adalind mysteriously appeared in s06e01. The last I checked in s05 ending, he was willing to take his child and leave adalind high and dry in renard's home. So what changed. either The stick made him fall in love with adalind or point of steering death in the face made him realize it

Imo the attraction part was established in season 5, he had no qualms about hitting the sack with Adalind or kissing her. It's the love part which probably is up for debate, since the two are different.

(01-21-2017, 04:33 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
You have a point. I have wondered the same thing about Nick and his choice to kiss her. If she never bit him what was he going to do? Speaking of Nick and his unspoken attraction for Adalind at the beginning of the show, I always thought it strange when Juliette made herself to look like Adalind and Nick wasn't put off by that at all. I'd even say that was probably the most vigorous love making between him and Juliette which, ironically was no different than when it was Adalind looking like Juliette.

Those are like little bread crumbs that may explain Nick's current love life, why he's choosing to stay with and love Adalind despite being a hexenbiest with their very turbulent history.

Last I remember, juliette made him feel safe about it when she indirectly said and meant that in his mind he should think and have it in his mind that she was juliette and not adalind but I guess he didn't do that.
Well the society has changed love to mean fuck my brains out and I love you. Let's have vigorous sex and I love you.
God, how much I miss the 70's, 80's and probably 90's where love actually meant something and yet I'm still in my 20's

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Kathryn Wooten - 01-21-2017

[quote='Grimmbiest11' pid='41736' dateline='1484998264']
[quote='rpmaluki' pid='41734' dateline='1484997406']
[quote='syscrash' pid='41709' dateline='1484979185']
After watching the last scene with Meisner at the mansion. I am not so sure that Meisner is a hallucination from Sean's mind. It was the comment of "how did it go" that makes me question exactly what Meisner is. Not something you would tell your self. With the cloth and stick dealing with the after life. I am thinking Meisner is going to tie in to this some how.

I also found it interesting when Eve took Nick's hand. That was Juliette not Eve. Nicknard had a very confused look. Also when Nick changed back. Adalind and Nick's hug was emotional but not what you would expect from two people that loved each other. With the level of anxiety the two went through, you would expect them to kiss each other. I am wondering if Eve's little signs of compassion are causing confusion in how Nick feels. Eve is back to gesturing with her hands when she talks. She is also showing facial expressions. Her movements are no longer robotic. Eve is the Juliette after she became a hexenbiest. The only difference is she does not have the anger for Nick and the group that she had in season 4. But then Nick and the group has accepted her for who she is.
[/quote]I think Nick is just uncomfortable about having to express openly his attachment to Adalind in front of his ex whether she's fully back as Juliette or the weird cross combo we've been seeing since the beginning of the season. I'd be weirdly put on the spot if my love for my current partner was broadcast as openly by my ex, then asked to confess when I first kissed my current partner in front of my ex. It's an awkward situation for Nick. I think he's aware of it potentially hurting JuliEve but this thing with Adalind is very real to him and clearly not about to change.

I think the hug was very emotional and they didn't do much more than that since it was in front of everyone else and it was after Adalind specifically told him she wanted to hug him but refused to hug him as Renard. They did all the heavy kissing and making out in 6x01, no need to put on a show and make some of them (Eve) extremely uncomfortable and others extremely angry (Diana).

Nick's feelings for Adalind will hurt JuliEve but I don't think he's doing anything with the purpose to hurt. His jab from S5 was because he was worried about his son and HW was telling him to basically do nothing because he was emotionally compromised. What he said did hurt her but he was lashing out. He's calmer now so I don't see him repeating what he did in S5 unless as Eve he feels she's over stepped boundaries. He's chosen his life with Adalind, which means we'll see less of JuliEve offering the same kind of 2c about Adalind or their relationship like she did last season which seemed more antagonistic than her new stance of acceptance.

[quote='Purity' pid='41733' dateline='1484996247']
[quote='rpmaluki' pid='41732' dateline='1484995832']
There's something there but writers still think they are being clever in keeping it close to Nick's vest. He supposedly loves Adalind but why does he? I think the writers don't want him to say the words just yet for some weird reason but why, since they've made it clear that he does?
[/quote]
This is going to be the fairy tale of the prince kissing sleeping beauty to wake up from her sleep as Nick admitting his love to Adalind to get rid of the wedding ring spell on her finger.
[/quote]if they are still using the fairy tale angles to flesh out the season, I could definitely see them doing this but with a twist, there has to be a twist, the same way Renard woke Juliette from her coma was a twisted version of the Sleeping Beauty kiss to break the curse.
[/quote]

Nick is probably waiting for the 'it's okay to love her, doesn't make you less of a person, we can't choose blah blah" speech or something along those lines. Eve would be the best candidate to deliver that speech. I just think he's afraid of looking like a hypocrite in memory of what the old Nick who was with Juliette stood for. Nick kept saying Adalind has changed last season and that Juliette/Eve has changed. I guess he overlooked the fact that he has changed as well. Imo this would be the best way of emotionally tackling the issue without weird throwbacks
[/quote]

I think loving Adalind is out of the questions ,because as you se Diana is not having none of that. Once she starts to hate you, well you see what happens you have have Rachael and Bonaparte , so she will not change her mind on Nick. Little girl has a one track mind once your on her S list , your never getting off all she will do is just become Angier and Angier,,every time Nick touches , hugs or god forbid kisses in front of Diana

[quote='syscrash' pid='41709' dateline='1484979185']
After watching the last scene with Meisner at the mansion. I am not so sure that Meisner is a hallucination from Sean's mind. It was the comment of "how did it go" that makes me question exactly what Meisner is. Not something you would tell your self. With the cloth and stick dealing with the after life. I am thinking Meisner is going to tie in to this some how.

I am thinking that it is not in Sean's head....at that point he was still reeling from what happened to him he was not in the least thinking about Miesner........I think it's a Imp or a shape shifter...this Miesner seems to solid to be an just a typical ghost he was sitting down in a chair waiting for Renard to get home

(01-21-2017, 05:15 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:31 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:16 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 11:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: After watching the last scene with Meisner at the mansion. I am not so sure that Meisner is a hallucination from Sean's mind. It was the comment of "how did it go" that makes me question exactly what Meisner is. Not something you would tell your self. With the cloth and stick dealing with the after life. I am thinking Meisner is going to tie in to this some how.

I also found it interesting when Eve took Nick's hand. That was Juliette not Eve. Nicknard had a very confused look. Also when Nick changed back. Adalind and Nick's hug was emotional but not what you would expect from two people that loved each other. With the level of anxiety the two went through, you would expect them to kiss each other. I am wondering if Eve's little signs of compassion are causing confusion in how Nick feels. Eve is back to gesturing with her hands when she talks. She is also showing facial expressions. Her movements are no longer robotic. Eve is the Juliette after she became a hexenbiest. The only difference is she does not have the anger for Nick and the group that she had in season 4. But then Nick and the group has accepted her for who she is.
I think Nick is just uncomfortable about having to express openly his attachment to Adalind in front of his ex whether she's fully back as Juliette or the weird cross combo we've been seeing since the beginning of the season. I'd be weirdly put on the spot if my love for my current partner was broadcast as openly by my ex, then asked to confess when I first kissed my current partner in front of my ex. It's an awkward situation for Nick. I think he's aware of it potentially hurting JuliEve but this thing with Adalind is very real to him and clearly not about to change.

I think the hug was very emotional and they didn't do much more than that since it was in front of everyone else and it was after Adalind specifically told him she wanted to hug him but refused to hug him as Renard. They did all the heavy kissing and making out in 6x01, no need to put on a show and make some of them (Eve) extremely uncomfortable and others extremely angry (Diana).

Nick's feelings for Adalind will hurt JuliEve but I don't think he's doing anything with the purpose to hurt. His jab from S5 was because he was worried about his son and HW was telling him to basically do nothing because he was emotionally compromised. What he said did hurt her but he was lashing out. He's calmer now so I don't see him repeating what he did in S5 unless as Eve he feels she's over stepped boundaries. He's chosen his life with Adalind, which means we'll see less of JuliEve offering the same kind of 2c about Adalind or their relationship like she did last season which seemed more antagonistic than her new stance of acceptance.

(01-21-2017, 03:57 AM)Purity Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 03:50 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: There's something there but writers still think they are being clever in keeping it close to Nick's vest. He supposedly loves Adalind but why does he? I think the writers don't want him to say the words just yet for some weird reason but why, since they've made it clear that he does?
This is going to be the fairy tale of the prince kissing sleeping beauty to wake up from her sleep as Nick admitting his love to Adalind to get rid of the wedding ring spell on her finger.
if they are still using the fairy tale angles to flesh out the season, I could definitely see them doing this but with a twist, there has to be a twist, the same way Renard woke Juliette from her coma was a twisted version of the Sleeping Beauty kiss to break the curse.

Nick is probably waiting for the 'it's okay to love her, doesn't make you less of a person, we can't choose blah blah" speech or something along those lines. Eve would be the best candidate to deliver that speech. I just think he's afraid of looking like a hypocrite in memory of what the old Nick who was with Juliette stood for. Nick kept saying Adalind has changed last season and that Juliette/Eve has changed. I guess he overlooked the fact that he has changed as well. Imo this would be the best way of emotionally tackling the issue without weird throwbacks

I think loving Adalind is out of the questions ,because as you se Diana is not having none of that. Once she starts to hate you have Rachael and Bonaparte , so she will not change her mind on Nick. Little girl will just become Angier and Angier,,every time Nick touches , hugs or god forbid kisses in front of Diana

That's y we have 10 episodes to go, lots of time for Diana to understand that her mother is having amazing sex an now she's in love.

(01-21-2017, 05:22 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 11:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: After watching the last scene with Meisner at the mansion. I am not so sure that Meisner is a hallucination from Sean's mind. It was the comment of "how did it go" that makes me question exactly what Meisner is. Not something you would tell your self. With the cloth and stick dealing with the after life. I am thinking Meisner is going to tie in to this some how.

I think Nick is just uncomfortable about having to express openly his attachment to Adalind in front of his ex whether she's fully back as Juliette or the weird cross combo we've been seeing since the beginning of the season. I'd be weirdly put on the spot if my love for my current partner was broadcast as openly by my ex, then asked to confess when I first kissed my current partner in front of my ex. It's an awkward situation for Nick. I think he's aware of it potentially hurting JuliEve but this thing with Adalind is very real to him and clearly not about to change.

(01-21-2017, 03:57 AM)Purity Wrote: This is going to be the fairy tale of the prince kissing sleeping beauty to wake up from her sleep as Nick admitting his love to Adalind to get rid of the wedding ring spell on her finger.
if they are still using the fairy tale angles to flesh out the season, I could definitely see them doing this but with a twist, there has to be a twist, the same way Renard woke Juliette from her coma was a twisted version of the Sleeping Beauty kiss to break the curse.

I think loving Adalind is out of the questions ,because as you se Diana is not having none of that. Once she starts to hate you have Rachael and Bonaparte , so she will not change her mind on Nick. Little girl will just become Angier and Angier,,every time Nick touches , hugs or god forbid kisses in front of Diana

That's y we have 10 episodes to go, lots of time for Diana to understand that her mother is having amazing sex an now she's in love.

That made me laughBig GrinBig Grin

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 04:53 AM)degrimm Wrote:

They never made it clear that he was willing to leave Adalind behind. He kept mentioning Kelly, about getting him back and had one scene with Trubel about Adalind appearing sad when he told Trubel she left him. He threatened Renard about protecting "the ONES he loved" by killing those who threaten them. Renard even mocked him about believing he could have a life with a hexenbiest. It wasn't only about Kelly but he was first priority.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Kathryn Wooten - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 05:22 AM)degrimm Wrote:

(01-21-2017, 03:57 AM)Purity Wrote: This is going to be the fairy tale of the prince kissing sleeping beauty to wake up from her sleep as Nick admitting his love to Adalind to get rid of the wedding ring spell on her finger.

lol..but as the spoilers said Renard loses all support , but Diana will be his breath of light because G&K Renard and Diana will form a unbreakable bond because she will need him more than ever...don't seem to see her running to Nick for help.....and after he takes up that stick the only love he will have will be the stick. And nobody else