Grimm Forum
S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain (/Thread-S6E03-Oh-Captain-My-Captain)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-25-2017

What as the Queen Bee's warning again?

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-25-2017

There were two:

"She'll harm you, don't listen to her." She was talking about Adalind.

and

"He's coming for you. Beware, it's close." They never followed up on who "he" was.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - syscrash - 01-25-2017

Quote:I saw a spoiler that the stick ends up in the wrong hands , but it did not say who that would be...could be Diana but what would it do..make her even stronger or she'll give it to her daddy..that will be serious danger
The stick was in the wrong hands. The SERT guy had it for a moment and we saw how the stick protects it self.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

But are anyone's hands "the right hands...?"

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - speakeasy - 01-26-2017

Diana was the only one who saw the complete message on the cloth, which made reference to good and evil. Kelly said Diana was capable of great good or great evil. The stick seems to be an vehicle of good or evil, imo, because it did defend against being taken from Nick and is apparently striving to keep Nick in its thrall - Eve is aware that it is getting control of him. It must belong to someone magically stronger than it.

So the stick belongs to Diana, capable of being good or bad, I think. It may take a temporary detour into the wrong hands, but it seems kismet to me that it's hers. And so far, that doesn't auger well; more's the reason for Adalind to step in and show her daughter how to behave - that is, teach her the meaning of the Golden Rule. Or Eve, she of the Original Sin, lately purified, will.

I'm including the standard disclaimer about my accuracy in guessing how things will go on Grimm, in the interest of full disclosure, haha.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - jsgrimm45 - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 05:48 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Diana was the only one who saw the complete message on the cloth, which made reference to good and evil. Kelly said Diana was capable of great good or great evil. The stick seems to be an vehicle of good or evil, imo, because it did defend against being taken from Nick and is apparently striving to keep Nick in its thrall - Eve is aware that it is getting control of him. It must belong to someone magically stronger than it.

So the stick belongs to Diana, capable of being good or bad, I think. It may take a temporary detour into the wrong hands, but it seems kismet to me that it's hers. And so far, that doesn't auger well; more's the reason for Adalind to step in and show her daughter how to behave - that is, teach her the meaning of the Golden Rule. Or Eve, she of the Original Sin, lately purified, will.

I'm including the standard disclaimer about my accuracy in guessing how things will go on Grimm, in the interest of full disclosure, haha.
I agree that Diana has a part with the relic but think it is more so the cloth not the relic. Nick when he used on Monroe formed some kind of bond with the relic. Now the relic is connected to him, and does what Nick is thinking. Now one Diana maybe able to break this hold, or two Diana may not be able to harm Nick because of the connection. She killed daddy's lover so she could try and do the same to Nick but the relic prevents that not saying it could prevent everything only the thought behind Diana intent. Now don't bet the farm on this idea, just food for thought.

(01-26-2017, 07:49 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I agree that Diana has a part with the relic but think it is more so the cloth not the relic. Nick when he used on Monroe formed some kind of bond with the relic. Now the relic is connected to him, and does what Nick is thinking. Now one Diana maybe able to break this hold, or two Diana may not be able to harm Nick because of the connection. She killed daddy's lover so she could try and do the same to Nick but the relic prevents that not saying it could prevent everything only the thought behind Diana intent. Now don't bet the farm on this idea, just food for thought.

Excellent points and well taken. However, in my little section of the universe, I still see Diana as at the top of the equation, no matter what happens. Your ideas of how things might go require that she be a bad girl. If she misbehaves in an strike at Nick before Adalind's or some other's influence takes hold, perhaps there will still be time for her to change. But I'm going to be really, really mad at those writers if they make a villain of this child at the series' end (big deal Big Grin).

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-26-2017

I'm almost 100% certain she won't be the villain, not after the hell she's been through in the first three years of her life. What I can't work out is her ultimate fate at the end. I know I want her free of the burden of her great powers that are essentially robbing her of the opportunity to have a normal life. I'm hoping the stick will play a part in de-powering her (if it's as powerful as I imagine) so she can actually bond with these people and not simply act on instinct to kill and that nothing else matters outside of being together with mommy and daddy.

(01-26-2017, 08:50 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I'm almost 100% certain she won't be the villain, not after the hell she's been through in the first three years of her life. What I can't work out is her ultimate fate at the end. I know I want her free of the burden of her great powers that are essentially robbing her of the opportunity to have a normal life. I'm hoping the stick will play a part in de-powering her (if it's as powerful as I imagine) so she can actually bond with these people and not simply act on instinct to kill and that nothing else matters outside of being together with mommy and daddy.

Oh, to have a normal childhood and life would be a blessing to Diana. That would be a happy ending for me. But what makes an historically transitional figure in both the fictional and human saga is usually an exceptional personality being touched by the fate of the times. If Diana can't have a normal life because she has been assigned a great role by Providence, then I hope the story ends with her being heroic and not a destroyer.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - jsgrimm45 - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 09:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 08:50 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I'm almost 100% certain she won't be the villain, not after the hell she's been through in the first three years of her life. What I can't work out is her ultimate fate at the end. I know I want her free of the burden of her great powers that are essentially robbing her of the opportunity to have a normal life. I'm hoping the stick will play a part in de-powering her (if it's as powerful as I imagine) so she can actually bond with these people and not simply act on instinct to kill and that nothing else matters outside of being together with mommy and daddy.

Oh, to have a normal childhood and life would be a blessing to Diana. That would be a happy ending for me. But what makes an historically transitional figure in both the fictional and human saga is usually an exceptional personality being touched by the fate of the times. If Diana can't have a normal life because she has been assigned a great role by Providence, then I hope the story ends with her being heroic and not a destroyer.
LIke the idea that the relic after it use will power Diana down, better that still have someone with that much power. Should look at the old saying Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely so how would Diana avoid this?