Grimm Forum
S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain (/Thread-S6E03-Oh-Captain-My-Captain)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 11:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 10:45 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: If he weren't so neck deep in their plans, no way Renard would let any harm come to Kelly but BC has forced him onto a corner where it's either him or someone else and he's chosen himself.

If that's the case, then Nick should be beating down the door trying to save his son. We haven't seen any indication of that. I think it's because Nick also believes Renard would oppose Bonaparte's demand that Kelly be killed.
He was but cooler heads talked him down. He threatened Sean over Kelly and Sean hadn't even done anything other than claim him as his son. Nick doesn't trust Sean as much as you let on.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - irukandji - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 11:51 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 11:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 10:45 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: If he weren't so neck deep in their plans, no way Renard would let any harm come to Kelly but BC has forced him onto a corner where it's either him or someone else and he's chosen himself.

If that's the case, then Nick should be beating down the door trying to save his son. We haven't seen any indication of that. I think it's because Nick also believes Renard would oppose Bonaparte's demand that Kelly be killed.
He was but cooler heads talked him down. He threatened Sean over Kelly and Sean hadn't even done anything other than claim him as his son. Nick doesn't trust Sean as much as you let on.

You're saying Nick knew of the possibility that Sean was going to stand by while Kelly could be killed *and* cooler heads prevented Nick from taking action to save his son?

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-22-2017

I'm not saying Nick knew anything. He simply didn't trust Sean at all. He threatened to kill him. HW tried talking some sense into Nick not to act irrationally after his one man mission to get his son back. He listened until Meisner turned up dead and all bets were off and he attacked Sean in the middle of a precinct. It doesn't matter what he knew or suspected at that stage. He just wanted his son back.

What I am saying is I don't trust Sean to protect Kelly if Conrad decided Kelly had to die because Nick refused to hand over the Grimm book or Adalind stepped out of bounds (there's the ring) and he wanted to teach them a lesson by killing their son. And if somehow Kelly's death got Sean even more power through BC, would he truly refuse it at this stage after what happened with Meisner? I don't think so.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - brandon - 01-22-2017

That there were not two hats? Nick asking Eve for the hat.

I get what you're saying, just as you get that I don't agree with what you're saying. So I guess we're at the agree to disagree phase.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 11:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think this was likely at this point. Conrad's death, while it might be a blow to BC, should not be the thing that brings it to its knees. If the organization is that powerful, then someone else should have been sent immediately to take his place and there should be enough established BC operatives in Portland to make sure their directives are made real.

Unless someone shows up with reinforcements, BC was obviously not that powerful, despite its bloviating about world domination, and HW was right when they said that BC was massing its forces in Portland.

It isn't just that Conrad was killed. Nick and the scoobies also wiped out BC's North Precinct cop army, and Nick polished off what was apparently the remainder of their forces in the fome. Because now they haven't even got a couple of goons left to keep Adalind from dropping the kids off somewhere so she can do rope spells for the Grimm or let a Blutbad into the house to make off with Sean's hair and one of his suits.

(01-22-2017, 12:58 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It isn't just that Conrad was killed. Nick and the scoobies also wiped out BC's North Precinct cop army, and Nick polished off what was apparently the remainder of their forces in the fome. Because now they haven't even got a couple of goons left to keep Adalind from dropping the kids off somewhere so she can do rope spells for the Grimm or let a Blutbad into the house to make off with Sean's hair and one of his suits.

lol, sounds like they couldn't get many followers for their world wide group.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Robyn - 01-22-2017

The Wesen uprising/BC and HW built up to global dimension then wiped out and made unnecessary by a lone Grimm and his ragtag team is a bit of a let down. Going into S6 would be smoother if BC had been played as a smaller organization that began it’s political takeover agenda in Portland. Pretty much what BC turned out to be without the hoopla of global threat. HW wasn’t necessary.

(01-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Robyn Wrote: The Wesen uprising/BC and HW built up to global dimension then wiped out and made unnecessary by a lone Grimm and his ragtag team is a bit of a let down. Going into S6 would be smoother if BC had been played as a smaller organization that began it’s political takeover agenda in Portland. Pretty much what BC turned out to be without the hoopla of global threat. HW wasn’t necessary.

It was a big letdown. I actually liked the idea of an uprising at first. But the premise of the uprising didn't make a lot of sense to me. Apparently it didn't make a lot of sense to most of the wesen and humans, otherwise they'd have had a bigger following and been able to successfully begin their campaign for Black Claw.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Robyn Wrote: The Wesen uprising/BC and HW built up to global dimension then wiped out and made unnecessary by a lone Grimm and his ragtag team is a bit of a let down. Going into S6 would be smoother if BC had been played as a smaller organization that began it’s political takeover agenda in Portland. Pretty much what BC turned out to be without the hoopla of global threat. HW wasn’t necessary.

BC was like most real-world terrorist groups. They may have the ability to take over a city here or there and to inspire followers to riot in the streets or drive trucks through crowds, but tactically they are nothing more than a bee stinging an elephant. Their real ability to have global impact comes from the public fear they can generate that drives people to change the way they live their lives and to give their support to demagogues. Kind of a hard to do when you're keeping your movement secret, isn't it?

And yes, HW was totally unnecessary. Everything they did in Portland could have been done by a specially vetted FBI task force located in the federal building in downtown PDX, and overseas by the CIA working in conjunction with other countries' intelligence. Someone in DC just jumped at the chance to create another acronym with its own budget and secret base.