Grimm Forum
S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain (/Thread-S6E03-Oh-Captain-My-Captain)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - jsgrimm45 - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 09:25 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:02 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:00 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 08:57 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 08:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Correct, BC owned the mansion not Renard.

Renard would have stopped them.

How? The guards are control by BC were missing because of Nick only. If Nick had not forced Renard out of the mayor's office BC would have send more guards to replace them so they could have controlled Renard.

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your question. Let me rephrase. Renard would not have stood idly by and let BC take Kelly. He would have fought them. He might not win, but then who would? However, he would have fought them just the same.

I believe he would have taken a stand after what happened to miesner...no Sean would not survive, but I think going after the children would have gave Renard the courage to stand up to Conrad.
Renard knew which side his bread was buttered on so no her would not have try to help Kelly if need, likely Adalind and maybe Diana would have but not Renard.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - Robyn - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: There's also more to being a parent than having good intentions. Adalind said something along the line of raising her children right. She started out great with Kelly. But when she got into Sean's house, she fought with him, defied him, and did everything to make him miserable. Sean's no saint, and he deserves everything he gets. But what Adalind forgot is that she agreed to go there in the first place, but because she's defiant, she's transmitting her hostile feelings to her children. Diana picked up on it right away.

Now Adalind has made things even worse by showing her love for Nick right in front of Diana. She's choosing Nick over her children.
If G&K had portrayed Nick & Adalind as adults dealing with having a child because of an unplanned pregnancy instead of high school kids trying to take on the adult responsibilities of having a child because of an unplanned pregnancy, the whole Adalind/Renard/Diana/Kelly fiasco of S5 might not have played out the way it did.

Instead of dredging up their violent history and laboring over it until finding amicable, common ground so they could build a trusting relationship that supported positive parenting & partnering, they chose to ignore their history and play house. And even after their violent & painful history circles around and bites them on the ass, they still ignore it and focus on getting back to playing house.

But even though the story played out with Nick & Adalind as high school kids, I don’t think Adalind made selfish decisions when deciding to go to Renard. She wanted her daughter. Adalind has wanted her daughter since she was born, but everyone and his brother has snatched her up for personal benefit - including Nick.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - irukandji - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 09:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:00 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 08:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: Renard would have stopped them.

How? The guards are control by BC were missing because of Nick only. If Nick had not forced Renard out of the mayor's office BC would have send more guards to replace them so they could have controlled Renard.

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your question. Let me rephrase. Renard would not have stood idly by and let BC take Kelly. He would have fought them. He might not win, but then who would? However, he would have fought them just the same.

I believe he would have taken a stand after what happened to miesner...no Sean would not survive, but I think going after the children would have gave Renard the courage to stand up to Conrad.
Renard knew which side his bread was buttered on so no her would not have try to help Kelly if need, likely Adalind and maybe Diana would have but not Renard.

lol, like always, we agree to disagree. I believe he would have because Renard has often taken an opposite stand. It was just discussed yesterday about a stand he took. He opted not to shoot Nick, even though he could have done so easily. Renard would have fought BC taking little Kelly, of that I have no doubt.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-22-2017

Renard did nothing while Conrad choked Nick (it was Diana who killed Conrad) I don't think he cares all that much about Nick or what's Nick's unless it benefits him somehow. He might protest a bit because Kelly is a child but if Kelly's death got him one step closer to more power, he would stand by and let Conrad kill him.

I thought Renard was thinking about adopting Kelly as his own child.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - jsgrimm45 - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 09:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:00 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: How? The guards are control by BC were missing because of Nick only. If Nick had not forced Renard out of the mayor's office BC would have send more guards to replace them so they could have controlled Renard.

lol, like always, we agree to disagree. I believe he would have because Renard has often taken an opposite stand. It was just discussed yesterday about a stand he took. He opted not to shoot Nick, even though he could have done so easily. Renard would have fought BC taking little Kelly, of that I have no doubt.
Agreed to disagree. Big Grin Nick had his gun on Sean before Sean so if anyone was going to be shot Nick had first crack he could have shot Sean when he came out the door to the roof, but shooting Sean didn't help getting Sean on board with a deal did help.

(01-22-2017, 10:00 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Nick had his gun on Sean before Sean so if anyone was going to be shot Nick had first crack he could have shot Sean when he came out the door to the roof, but shooting Sean didn't help getting Sean on board with a deal did help.

Just reading what was posted on the forum. Someone had written that Sean drew his gun first and could have easily shot Nick but did not. The rebuttal was something to the effect of Sean didn't shoot his gun as often as Nick did, and if his aim was off, he would have missed Nick anyway.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - rpmaluki - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 09:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: I thought Renard was thinking about adopting Kelly as his own child.
for his image, not for Kelly's well being. He already claimed him when he introduced Adalind to the public as the mother of HIS children. If Kelly were to die while in his custody, that's more good PR for him, since he could spin the "tragedy" in his political favour.

RE: S6E03 - Oh Captain, My Captain - degrimm - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 09:57 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Renard did nothing while Conrad choked Nick (it was Diana who killed Conrad) I don't think he cares all that much about Nick or what's Nick's unless it benefits him somehow. He might protest a bit because Kelly is a child but if Kelly's death got him one step closer to more power, he would stand by and let Conrad kill him.

It was his renard's fear of Bonaparte that made him not help nick to a major part.
Yeah he does not like nick but it isn't the major reason

(01-22-2017, 10:05 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 09:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: I thought Renard was thinking about adopting Kelly as his own child.
If Kelly were to die while in his custody, that's more good PR for him, since he could spin the "tragedy" in his political favour.

That's all speculation. There's nothing about Sean that indicates he'd participate in infanticide.