Grimm Forum
S6E01 - Fugitive - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E01 - Fugitive (/Thread-S6E01-Fugitive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - Robyn - 01-09-2017

Not sure what qualifies as an Easter egg, but I questioned if this exchange in the tunnel was foreboding Nick’s demise, or if he & the others might realize at the end that he’d been dead since the attack on the fome. That would be a rather bittersweet end for Nick/Adalind - Nick finally decides how he feels and can’t stay.

Wu: "You're not a ghost, are you?"
Nick: "I hope not."

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - speakeasy - 01-09-2017

I didn't think about the possibility of his being a ghost, but that is making more and more sense now and is a brilliant idea for his character, imo. And now I think of it, perhaps there's a tie-in there with Eve saying maybe he shouldn't carry the stick on him all of the time.

I have this fixation on what was called Easter eggs in every episode since the series began. Some observant poster noticed in one of the earlier seasons that the writers almost always worked the number of the episode into the story some way. Like an address or license number or a date, etc. And it was fun looking for them. This one would have been 601. But it looks like it may not happen in this last season. Sad

Omg, just read about the number reversal and that has to be it! And it was very appropriate, thanks for catching that, guys. Hope they include it throughout this last, and for me, nostalgic season.

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - brandon - 01-09-2017

Is to think:The source from which Eve came out was a pure woman-Juliette-Although that for me does not excuse her from everything she did.One thing is his purified heart and another his sins in life.I hope Eve finds her purpose in life, other than Nick.The old Juliette could not see that,had received an extraordinary gift and only thought of revenge.
With respect to Nick,Their ancestors were "GRIMM",could be something of them

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - Kwu9888 - 01-09-2017

(01-07-2017, 03:21 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:55 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 01:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote: We're saying a gradual goodbye to Portland and I will miss the mysterious beauty and the woodsy setting of the place. And the priceless architecture of so many of the houses and buildings. And the charm of the old-world feel of the city. But DG did a good job of directing this episode; looks good on the old resume. It would be fun if the other cast members would have done just that for a few episodes; wonder what Bud's would be like!

DG didn't direct this episode he directs episode 3 "Captain, my captain"

Thanks for the heads up, guess we'll see how he does behind the cameras then; last night's episode was great even though I gave credit to the wrong guy.

Agree with you completely

Brandon, I agree that each person must take responsibility for the actions they choose. There's not much to admire about her activities after becoming a Hexenbiest. But she did start out as good person. And she drove the biggest share of the unfolding saga of Grimm because of what she became. And it's proper that she is a hated character. For me, because I have emphasized with her all along, it is the best that can be hoped for that she give her life for the cause. That's it, it doesn't begin to balance the scales, but it has a kind of justice to it and also, a grace given that at her worst, she failed to confer on her victims. I just can't separate myself from my attachment to Juliette.

Plus there's an irony in the fact that Juliette lost her chance at being a mother and having a normal life, and that Adalind's journey seems to have begun at the point at which J's ends; starting out as an evil doer and ending up with being a mother who is beloved by Nick (so far). No reflection on Adalind, I've always loved the character. Just a demonstration that life isn't fair, more like a crap shoot. Of course, the fly in the soup is Diana.

Intriguing idea that the Crusade Grimms may have combined their power somehow into the stick.

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - jsgrimm45 - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 07:54 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Brandon, I agree that each person must take responsibility for the actions they choose. There's not much to admire about her activities after becoming a Hexenbiest. But she did start out as good person. And she drove the biggest share of the unfolding saga of Grimm because of what she became. And it's proper that she is a hated character. For me, because I have emphasized with her all along, it is the best that can be hoped for that she give her life for the cause. That's it, it doesn't begin to balance the scales, but it has a kind of justice to it and also, a grace given that at her worst, she failed to confer on her victims. I just can't separate myself from my attachment to Juliette.

Plus there's an irony in the fact that Juliette lost her chance at being a mother and having a normal life, and that Adalind's journey seems to have begun at the point at which J's ends; starting out as an evil doer and ending up with being a mother who is beloved by Nick (so far). No reflection on Adalind, I've always loved the character. Just a demonstration that life isn't fair, more like a crap shoot. Of course, the fly in the soup is Diana.

Intriguing idea that the Crusade Grimms may have combined their power somehow into the stick.
That is an intriguing idea on the power of the relic. Now should we look at how that power was put into it? Could this be the falling out between hexn's and Grimm's? Should we look at what happen to Eve could that be a clue?

(01-09-2017, 08:21 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [quote='speakeasy' pid='40118' dateline='1483973698'

That is an intriguing idea on the power of the relic. Now should we look at how that power was put into it? Could this be the falling out between hexn's and Grimm's? Should we look at what happen to Eve could that be a clue?
[/quote]

That's a subject I hadn't thought of until now, and I'll be looking for some ideas about it from other posters on the Forum! But it sure looks like we're in for a revelation about the extent of the power of that cloth and the stick, Eve's seeing those kind of esoteric-looking symbols surely has something to do with death.

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - MarylikesGrimm - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 07:54 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I agree that each person must take responsibility for the actions they choose. There's not much to admire about her activities after becoming a Hexenbiest. But she did start out as good person. And she drove the biggest share of the unfolding saga of Grimm because of what she became. And it's proper that she is a hated character. For me, because I have emphasized with her all along, it is the best that can be hoped for that she give her life for the cause. That's it, it doesn't begin to balance the scales, but it has a kind of justice to it and also, a grace given that at her worst, she failed to confer on her victims. I just can't separate myself from my attachment to Juliette.

Eve/Juliette was a good person in season 5. Eve/Juliette is still the independent and strong women. Juliette was a vet and wanted to live with Nick but smartly never agreed to have a "normal" life with him if he wanted to be a grimm. Juliette never discusses having children with Nick yet it is assumed for her that she would want them. Adalind who says over and over she wants she wants her daughter and keeps the baby of her kidnapper and agrees to works with Nick to raise Kelly is still questioned on whether she wants to be mom.

Women should be able to choose to be a mom or not and not have everyone assume they want them. Once Nick was a grimm the only way Juliette was to have a "normal" life was to leave Nick. As an example, Nick's human father was killed for being married to a grimm and Juliette was kidnapped early in the show.

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - Grimmbiest11 - 01-09-2017

What Kouf and Greenwalt had to say about this 'stick'
What is Nick's arc for the final season then? What does he have to defeat for it to feel like his journey is over?
Kouf: It all comes back to what they found in the Black Forest.
Greenwalt: The keys lead to the stick, what the stick means and it means a lot religiously, Biblically, mythically in every tradition in every square of the planet. It'll all be explained and answered to tremendous satisfaction, of us, but hopefully of others.

How soon is Nick going to regret being so dependent on the stick meal?
Greenwalt: Very soon, and ultimately very tragically and sadly.
Kouf: It ends up playing a rather large role in the end of the show.

Make of that what you will

RE: S6E01 - Fugitive - MarylikesGrimm - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 08:37 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: What Kouf and Greenwalt had to say about this 'stick'
What is Nick's arc for the final season then? What does he have to defeat for it to feel like his journey is over?
Kouf: It all comes back to what they found in the Black Forest.
Greenwalt: The keys lead to the stick, what the stick means and it means a lot religiously, Biblically, mythically in every tradition in every square of the planet. It'll all be explained and answered to tremendous satisfaction, of us, but hopefully of others.

How soon is Nick going to regret being so dependent on the stick meal?
Greenwalt: Very soon, and ultimately very tragically and sadly.
Kouf: It ends up playing a rather large role in the end of the show.

Make of that what you will

If you believe he is telling the truth that supports my view that Nick may be transformed or given a new destiny at the end of the show. Similar to Charmed where the dad became an elder that suppose to live in heaven. Nick the grimm dies in the sense he cannot be a cop or be shipped but he serves a greater purpose.