Grimm Forum
Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt (/Thread-Nicholas-Nick-Burkhardt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - jsgrimm45 - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 07:35 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 07:16 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: If you're saying the show is showing Nick's bias, as in he'll go out of his way to rescue the pretty girls, then yes, I agree.
I really hate to say this but Hollywood doesn't hire a lot of not pretty women. So ever TV series likely has pretty women. Big GrinBig Grin
Hi JS,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJ99egc884
Couldn't help myself.
N G
[/quote]Thanks I was always a Roy Obison fan.Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - eric - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 07:46 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 07:35 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 07:16 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: If you're saying the show is showing Nick's bias, as in he'll go out of his way to rescue the pretty girls, then yes, I agree.
I really hate to say this but Hollywood doesn't hire a lot of not pretty women. So ever TV series likely has pretty women. Big GrinBig Grin
Hi JS,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJ99egc884
Couldn't help myself.
N G
Thanks I was always a Roy Obison fan.Big GrinBig Grin
[/quote]Ah, trip down memory lane. Thanks.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-29-2016

Hi Forum,
This is for guys, but gals may also comment. IMO Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke) in the video and this picture with Roy Orbison is a better choice to be the "Pretty Woman" visual than any of the female cast of Grimm.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
So do you agree or would you rather one of the Grimm Gals?

Speaking of the Dukes of Hazzard, who is more corrupt, Sean Renard or Boss Hog?

N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 07:16 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I really hate to say this but Hollywood doesn't hire a lot of not pretty women. So ever TV series likely has pretty women. Big GrinBig Grin

True. The problem arises when they're so pretty, they're often made into brainless bimbos.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 03:37 PM)New Guy Wrote: Speaking of the Dukes of Hazzard, who is more corrupt, Sean Renard or Boss Hog?

The chief of Police and Mayor in my city make Boss Hog and Renard look like amateurs. Part of what does not work about Grimm for me, is the bad guys are for the most part so benign compared to what we have in real life. Consider if you will Rahm Emanuel and the Chicago PD. Suddenly Sean, Conrad, and BlackClaw all seem tame in comparison and certainly more ethical.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - New Guy - 12-30-2016

(12-29-2016, 05:06 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 03:37 PM)New Guy Wrote: Speaking of the Dukes of Hazzard, who is more corrupt, Sean Renard or Boss Hog?

The chief of Police and Mayor in my city make Boss Hog and Renard look like amateurs. Part of what does not work about Grimm for me, is the bad guys are for the most part so benign compared to what we have in real life. Consider if you will Rahm Emanuel and the Chicago PD. Suddenly Sean, Conrad, and BlackClaw all seem tame in comparison and certainly more ethical.
Hi Izzy,
Unfortunately, Sorrell Booke (Jefferson Davis "Boss" Hogg) passed away in 1994, so he cannot run for Mayor of your city, however Sleazy Sean is available. He is a shoe-in, just have him take of his shirt and Captain Chesty will soon move into the Mayor's Mansion. Tongue
N G

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-31-2016

To get this back on Nick. Nick would only be considered corrupt if he was crafting explanations for personal gain. Each of his explanations was for the purpose of keeping the wesen secret. As for his handling of the cases. Nick has never been shown to be callous. There has been an on going discussion of Nick's to arrest or not to arrest attitude. That one I don't think we will come to an agreement. Considering wesen thinking combined with Grimm history. IMO Nick has been very compassionate in his actions. He seems to go to great lengths to not use the Grimm solution to a problem.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 06:48 AM)syscrash Wrote: To get this back on Nick. Nick would only be considered corrupt if he was crafting explanations for personal gain. Each of his explanations was for the purpose of keeping the wesen secret. As for his handling of the cases. Nick has never been shown to be callous. There has been an on going discussion of Nick's to arrest or not to arrest attitude. That one I don't think we will come to an agreement. Considering wesen thinking combined with Grimm history. IMO Nick has been very compassionate in his actions. He seems to go to great lengths to not use the Grimm solution to a problem.

Syscrash, what makes you think the frog girl has never murdered anyone before Nick crossed her path?

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-31-2016

Quote:Syscrash, what makes you think the frog girl has never murdered anyone before Nick crossed her path?

If she had then the grand mother would have wanted to disfigure her. But with the frog girl it is not murder. It is the guys not accepting no. Both time she told the guys more then once and was very adamant about them leaving her alone but they would not take no for an answer. The last guy was going to force himself on her. I have wondered if the writers where trying to make a statement about no means no.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - irukandji - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 10:28 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Syscrash, what makes you think the frog girl has never murdered anyone before Nick crossed her path?

If she had then the grand mother would have wanted to disfigure her. But with the frog girl it is not murder. It is the guys not accepting no. Both time she told the guys more then once and was very adamant about them leaving her alone but they would not take no for an answer. The last guy was going to force himself on her. I have wondered if the writers where trying to make a statement about no means no.

What if the grandmother didn't know? She's a kid and the one thing kids do is what their caretakers tell them not to do. She knew all about the effects of her touch. What if a while back, she killed someone and didn't tell the grandmother?