Grimm Forum
Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful (/Thread-Deleted-scene-for-season-5-that-might-have-been-helpful)

Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - jsgrimm45 - 10-03-2016

This is all paraphrasing.

A deleted scene on the dvd show Nick and Adalind at the fome at night. We heard Adalind humming Kelly to sleep and getting into bed. Nick walks in a ask if she wants his company for the night (taking her feeling into account). She says yes she sleeps better with him there.

Nick gettings into bed on the outside of the blankets. Next morning we again her Adalind humming to Kelly trying to keep him quiet letting Nick sleep. She than as if he slept ok, he says yes why did she ask?

She says because he was thrashing around all night like he was fighting. He asks did I hit you she says no but I almost woke you up. Now you have to know this is longer and looks better on TV than being written.

This put they relationship in a different light and adds to the character of Nick. Have we even had a debate on what the number of fights Nick has been in what it has done to him? We seen Trubel when Nick brought her to the fome from the hospital dreaming like she was in a fight.

This was a very good scene showing Nick, Adalind, and Kelly in a family setting with feeling for the other. We saw Adalind humming to Kelly, we saw Nick asking if she wanted company, we saw Adalind worried about Nick's sleep, we saw Nick worried that he may have hit Adalind in his sleep.

On other dvd deleted scene there are other fome scenes with Adalind and Nick but this one IMO was the best at showing a different light on their relationship.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - rpmaluki - 10-03-2016

No, they have never shown Nick struggling with the changes in his life. He went from being a "by the book" cop to suddenly being forced to kill. He's fought with some fantastical creatures, almost dying and so on, what has that really done to his psyche? When he was without his powers, it was a chance to be free of it all, he entertained the idea of not being a grimm ever again but we know that would not be the case because he missed it. I guess once you go grimm, you can never go back, there were some case where the traditional justice system wasn't enough and he could heve seen himself as a failure knowing that some people were getting away with evil acts just because there wasn't a way to prosecute them, traditionally. I could see him sacrificing his peace of mind for the chance to help. it is pathetic that this part of his characterisation is ultimately left on the cutting floor to the detriment of his character as a grimm and a protagonist. They've opted for a cardboard cut out instead of a fully fledged 3D character and that's a shame.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - izzy - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 06:29 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: This is all paraphrasing.

A deleted scene on the dvd show Nick and Adalind at the fome at night. We heard Adalind humming Kelly to sleep and getting into bed. Nick walks in a ask if she wants his company for the night (taking her feeling into account). She says yes she sleeps better with him there.

Nick gettings into bed on the outside of the blankets. Next morning we again her Adalind humming to Kelly trying to keep him quiet letting Nick sleep. She than as if he slept ok, he says yes why did she ask?

She says because he was thrashing around all night like he was fighting. He asks did I hit you she says no but I almost woke you up. Now you have to know this is longer and looks better on TV than being written.

This put they relationship in a different light and adds to the character of Nick. Have we even had a debate on what the number of fights Nick has been in what it has done to him? We seen Trubel when Nick brought her to the fome from the hospital dreaming like she was in a fight.

This was a very good scene showing Nick, Adalind, and Kelly in a family setting with feeling for the other. We saw Adalind humming to Kelly, we saw Nick asking if she wanted company, we saw Adalind worried about Nick's sleep, we saw Nick worried that he may have hit Adalind in his sleep.

On other dvd deleted scene there are other fome scenes with Adalind and Nick but this one IMO was the best at showing a different light on their relationship.

I just want to thank you for the details your provided.

(10-03-2016, 07:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: No, they have never shown Nick struggling with the changes in his life. He went from being a "by the book" cop to suddenly being forced to kill. He's fought with some fantastical creatures, almost dying and so on, what has that really done to his psyche? When he was without his powers, it was a chance to be free of it all, he entertained the idea of not being a grimm ever again but we know that would not be the case because he missed it. I guess once you go grimm, you can never go back, there were some case where the traditional justice system wasn't enough and he could heve seen himself as a failure knowing that some people were getting away with evil acts just because there wasn't a way to prosecute them, traditionally. I could see him sacrificing his peace of mind for the chance to help. it is pathetic that this part of his characterisation is ultimately left on the cutting floor to the detriment of his character as a grimm and a protagonist. They've opted for a cardboard cut out instead of a fully fledged 3D character and that's a shame.

I must say, I like your post. Although i am not sure how by the book Nick ever was. Hank and Nick both felt pretty comfortable with no probable cause and exaggerating hot pursuit etc very early on.

As an aside, our judicial system was known to have grave flaws at inception, it always was predicated upon the idea that we would rather let the guilty go unpunished rather than convict and innocent person or infringe on the liberties of others. The latter is very important and something that is being rapidly lost.

I love your point of Nick being a cardboard cutout and agree it is shame. It is a disservice to the viewers and the actor.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - Nicholas White - 10-03-2016

Just got the DVD today. They had some nice deleted scenes, nothing too special. They were only like 30 seconds to 2 minutes scenes. Most were 30 seconds.

There was a funny scene with Hank at the fome. It involved some cookies.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - jsgrimm45 - 10-04-2016

(10-03-2016, 05:53 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: Just got the DVD today. They had some nice deleted scenes, nothing too special. They were only like 30 seconds to 2 minutes scenes. Most were 30 seconds.

There was a funny scene with Hank at the fome. It involved some cookies.
That was a little funny but I wonder if he thought Adalind was doing something to Nick. If it crossed my mind would have crossed his? That is one scene I can understand being deleted for that very reason. They didn't want the fans to think Adalind was doing something to Nick.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - rpmaluki - 10-04-2016

I think he was thinking about himself, afraid of a repeat, lol.

RE: Deleted scene for season 5 that might have been helpful - Kwu9888 - 10-04-2016

I have only one more thing to say about the deleted scenes. How amazing is David's body sorry just have to say it OMG have seen pics of him working out in the gym and all I can say is it really worked. I'm old enough to say that and old enough to really appreciate it