Grimm Forum
Is this the final season - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is this the final season (/Thread-Is-this-the-final-season)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Is this the final season - jsgrimm45 - 06-30-2016

Is the 13 episode the final season of Grimm?

RE: Is this the final season - izzy - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 12:01 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Is the 13 episode the final season of Grimm?

Realistically I think it depends more on what they have in the pipe to replace it. The writers have indicated they don't know yet and given they are allowing David to play director etc, I really don't think it matters much to them. They are looking way beyond this series so if it extends perhaps wesen of the week again? I rather hope that would be the case as that is when I thought the show was at its best. The indication is Sasha wants to play a major baddie, they are letting David direct so likely he will get this wish. But it might be hard to let him go out in a blaze of glory if at the last minute they get a full season.

It really is not fair to the writers or the fans. The season finale was obviously a hack job where they were pushed to finish up the series and then had to back off. For once I let the writers off the hook. They were trying so we did not end up with another Deadwood.

RE: Is this the final season - Renardfan99 - 06-30-2016

I get why Sasha would want to play a major baddie, because it really uses his actors chops. However, what happens once fans are so turned off with the way Renard is acting, that they lobby for him to be killed off?! I hate Juliette Eve and want her dead, dead! SR is now out of a job. If the show goes beyond the 13 episodes, what then? Will they try and backtrack to keep Renard/SR or will they simply move on without the character. Be careful what you wish for, Sasha. I would use Juliette Eve smoking the hat and turning herself into Renard be the way to make him bad, but allow fans to see why he's acting that way and fix it before we lose a fantastic character/actor.

RE: Is this the final season - jsgrimm45 - 07-01-2016

(06-30-2016, 05:53 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: I get why Sasha would want to play a major baddie, because it really uses his actors chops. However, what happens once fans are so turned off with the way Renard is acting, that they lobby for him to be killed off?! I hate Juliette Eve and want her dead, dead! SR is now out of a job. If the show goes beyond the 13 episodes, what then? Will they try and backtrack to keep Renard/SR or will they simply move on without the character. Be careful what you wish for, Sasha. I would use Juliette Eve smoking the hat and turning herself into Renard be the way to make him bad, but allow fans to see why he's acting that way and fix it before we lose a fantastic character/actor.
You know the hat idea is pretty good Eve could do a lot a damage to Renard looking like him. Good point good twist.

RE: Is this the final season - wfmyers1207 - 07-01-2016

Looks like some folks here on the Forum are optimistic about the show's future. I'm not so much. Sad

For the last year David Giuntoli has been making noises about how it's maybe time to move on. In a couple of recent interviews DG and JK don't seem all that enthusiastic about the show any longer. And as @izzy remarked, last season's finale seemed like it was intended at first to be the SERIES finale, but they backed off. Dodgy

While I think this season will be the last, I do believe they will leave the door open for a spin off with Jacqueline Toboni as the lead. Of course, I've been wrong before. Blush

RE: Is this the final season - jsgrimm45 - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 08:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Looks like some folks here on the Forum are optimistic about the show's future. I'm not so much. Sad

For the last year David Giuntoli has been making noises about how it's maybe time to move on. In a couple of recent interviews DG and JK don't seem all that enthusiastic about the show any longer. And as @izzy remarked, last season's finale seemed like it was intended at first to be the SERIES finale, but they backed off. Dodgy

While I think this season will be the last, I do believe they will leave the door open for a spin off with Jacqueline Toboni as the lead. Of course, I've been wrong before. Blush
Agree down the line JT could be a Grimm on the road like Kelly, finding good wesen and ending bad wesen like aunt Marie said. But wouldn't take any bets on NBC would think more CW or TNT.

RE: Is this the final season - izzy - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 08:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: While I think this season will be the last, I do believe they will leave the door open for a spin off with Jacqueline Toboni as the lead. Of course, I've been wrong before. Blush

I have pointed it out ad nausea in detail in other threads, but to your point, this series is easy to spin-of in multiple new directions or even the same direction, that it truly is a no-brainer to do so.

RE: Is this the final season - speakeasy - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 08:36 AM)izzy Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 08:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: While I think this season will be the last, I do believe they will leave the door open for a spin off with Jacqueline Toboni as the lead. Of course, I've been wrong before. :blush:

I have pointed it out ad nausea in detail in other threads, but to your point, this series is easy to spin-of in multiple new directions or even the same direction, that it truly is a no-brainer to do so.

Funny, don't remember seeing Izzy post that thought before, I then don't read all his posts. :) But the prospect of a spin-off show is one we've discussed before and, imo, it's worth repeating - I'd be a fan.

RE: Is this the final season - wfmyers1207 - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 08:22 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 08:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Looks like some folks here on the Forum are optimistic about the show's future. I'm not so much. Sad

Agree down the line JT could be a Grimm on the road like Kelly, finding good wesen and ending bad wesen like aunt Marie said. But wouldn't take any bets on NBC would think more CW or TNT.

I agree. TNT is already syndicating the show, and the CW seems to be fond of sf&f, and shows with young female leads, so that would fit either of those networks.Smile

RE: Is this the final season - Renardfan99 - 07-01-2016

LOL. Look at how many actors have wanted to move on from their popular shows and ten years later are either out of money or can't find another popular well paying acting gig. I, personally, would ride the Grimm gravy train until NBC cancels the show. But, that's just me and my need to have a steady paycheck!Big Grin