Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 11:17 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 10:36 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Renard saved Nick several times...Episode The Organ grinder and He protected him from the Reaper.....
Renard can show compassion he is not a cold blooded killer whether he possessed or not
Hi Kathryn,
You indicate that Renard saved Nick from a reaper in 1.10 Organ Grinder. I cannot find such a scene in the synopsis:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Organ_Grinder
Where in the episode did that occur?
Five people died in the episode. Nick killed one and Hank killed one. Three seem to be "accidental." Renard did not kill anyone in 1.10:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Deaths
What episode supports your claim that Renard showed compassion for someone he killed?
New Guy

OK New Guy, I have to correct you here. Forget about the Reaper, Renard did kill the guy in the trailer who threw down on Nick and Hank.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 06-21-2016

In the words of Sean Nick it was very valuable-so he told Kelly.He also said Catherine,a GRIMM was just very dangerous for them.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - New Guy - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 11:28 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 10:36 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Renard saved Nick several times...Episode The Organ grinder and He protected him from the Reaper.....
Renard can show compassion he is not a cold blooded killer whether he possessed or not
Hi Kathryn,
You indicate that Renard saved Nick from a reaper in 1.10 Organ Grinder. I cannot find such a scene in the synopsis:
Five people died in the episode. Nick killed one and Hank killed one. Three seem to be "accidental." Renard did not kill anyone in 1.10:
What episode supports your claim that Renard showed compassion for someone he killed?
New Guy

Renard chopped off the reapers ear and told him never to return to Portland....The reaper was shocked your protecting a Grimm? ( the reapers words not mind) I guess you can say he was compassionate for not killing him
Kat, do you really believe chopping of someone's ear is an act of compassion? IMO it is a sadistic act of hatred. New Guy

(06-21-2016, 11:51 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
Hi Kathryn,
New Guy

OK New Guy, I have to correct you here. Forget about the Reaper, Renard did kill the guy in the trailer who threw down on Nick and Hank.
Hi WF,
Help my memory. What episode? How did Renard show compassion to the guy he killed?
New Guy

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Robyn - 06-21-2016

That wasn’t my question. My question was asked in response to your comment that Juliette and Renard should have been able to resist the influence of spells and possessions: What is different about Nick committing acts of violence and murder while under the influence of the zombie spell compared to Juliette and Renard? If Juliette, a human, is expected to resist the negative influence of a spell, why wouldn’t Nick, a Grimm, also be expected to resist the negative influence of a spell?

In response to your comment:
(06-21-2016, 03:57 AM)New Guy Wrote: The point is that when Nick learned that the guy in the bar fight died he took responsibility, had remorse and was about to turn himself in. Renard talked him out of it. Compare that to Renard. When he learned he had murdered the hookers he only looked for a way to dodge responsibility and had no remorse.
Nick is a grown man. If he’d truly wanted to turn himself in, Renard could not have talked him out of it. Excusing Nick from taking responsibility would be the same as excusing Adalind because she couldn’t/wouldn’t go against what Renard wanted. If Renard had that much control over Nick it stands to reason he’d have the same amount of control over Adalind.

Kenneth wasn’t a scapegoat only for Renard. In fact, it was Nick & Hank’s idea. Nick also needed to conceal that he’d murdered Kenneth, with Hank & Wu’s help. Falsifying the police report to name Kenneth as the serial killer covered up both men’s crimes. The only difference, Renard was possessed by an evil spirit, Nick planned Kenneth’s murder for revenge.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - izzy - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 03:57 AM)New Guy Wrote: The point is that when Nick learned that the guy in the bar fight died he took responsibility, had remorse and was about to turn himself in. Renard talked him out of it.

Now, now NewGuy - no. Taking responsibility would mean actually turning yourself in. Renards may have talked him out of it, but what that means is Nick never did take responsibility. Com eon now, on this admit you are wrong.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - syscrash - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 03:09 PM)Robyn Wrote: Nick is a grown man. If he’d truly wanted to turn himself in, Renard could not have talked him out of it.
What stopped Nick was, if Nick turned himself in that would mean they all perjured themselves. So rather then being the cause of his friend going to jail Nick chose to keep quiet. If it was only Nick that would have gotten in trouble he would have turned himself in.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - New Guy - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 07:52 PM)izzy Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:57 AM)New Guy Wrote: The point is that when Nick learned that the guy in the bar fight died he took responsibility, had remorse and was about to turn himself in. Renard talked him out of it.

Now, now NewGuy - no. Taking responsibility would mean actually turning yourself in. Renards may have talked him out of it, but what that means is Nick never did take responsibility. Com eon now, on this admit you are wrong.
Hi Izzy,
Technically, Nick did "turn himself in." He "confessed" to a Precinct Captain. It was Renard's decision not to press charges. Nick absolutely and irrefutably took responsibility. I do not find what either of them did commendable, but IMO Nick did take responsibility.
New Guy

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Robyn - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 09:30 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:09 PM)Robyn Wrote: Nick is a grown man. If he’d truly wanted to turn himself in, Renard could not have talked him out of it.
What stopped Nick was, if Nick turned himself in that would mean they all perjured themselves. So rather then being the cause of his friend going to jail Nick chose to keep quiet. If it was only Nick that would have gotten in trouble he would have turned himself in.
I don't believe any of them would be okay with a suspect saying he/she was only helping a friend when they committed a crime. Are there special rules/laws for Nick's cohorts? If Nick wanted to protect those that helped him but felt genuine remorse and believed he should be processed through the justice system, he would have at least resigned and stopped including his friends in illegal Grimm activities.

(06-22-2016, 05:29 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Izzy,
Technically, Nick did "turn himself in." He "confessed" to a Precinct Captain. It was Renard's decision not to press charges. Nick absolutely and irrefutably took responsibility. I do not find what either of them did commendable, but IMO Nick did take responsibility.
New Guy

New Guy, Is our conversation over? You explained to me that Nick felt remorse, but the last question on the table was why Nick wasn't able to resist the influence of the zombie spell? You stated earlier that Renard and Juliette should have been able to resist any negative influence caused by the spells. Just them, not Nick?

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-21-2017

(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)
still sleeping and had move in with Nick

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me

Yeah it was a slap into Juliette's face as well as in the face of the Nickliette shipper.

I would not be hostile against another woman. If Nick did have another girlfriend. Okay at the start I would be angry that's for sure. And it needed to take awhile to get used to it.

And maybe it would have worked - but excuse me of all the women in the world, seriously Adalind?!?

After everything she did, to Hank, to Wu, to Nick himself and to the former love of his life, his great love Juliette?

What would have happened if Juliette/Eve didn't refuse Nick? That's why I think Adalind is just the runner-up.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 01:05 PM)Loona Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: You have to wonder. Everything Adalind did before Juliette became a hexenbiest...that it was all because of Adalind......Now the woman who started the entire chain in motion. That turned her life upside down. Now has a baby with her boyfriend (soon to have been married)
still sleeping and had move in with Nick

Adalind destroyed her life.....But Nick is having a relationship with a hexenbiest, but he could not do it with her.

Nick commitment to anyone ...should be put to the side and just be a dad and stay single
Juliette had a beautiful Life with Nick until Adalind messed it up. Something says having Nick having a relationship with Adalind is so (the word sound like duck) up...Just demented to me

Yeah it was a slap into Juliette's face as well as in the face of the Nickliette shipper.

I would not be hostile against another woman. If Nick did have another girlfriend. Okay at the start I would be angry that's for sure. And it needed to take awhile to get used to it.

And maybe it would have worked - but excuse me of all the women in the world, seriously Adalind?!?

After everything she did, to Hank, to Wu, to Nick himself and to the former love of his life, his great love Juliette?

What would have happened if Juliette/Eve didn't refuse Nick? That's why I think Adalind is just the runner-up.

Juliette/Eve of season 1 to 3 never wanted the dark dangerous grimm that Nick became. Juliette/Eve of season 4 to 6 was not looking for traditional marriage relationship with anyone.

Sean Renard was either the mastermind or a major role for most of the problems in the series yet Nick works for him for most of the series. Yet I see few ever complain about that.