Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - New Guy - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:39 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 04:16 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Sean had no memory during the possession of Jack the Ripper...the only time he knew he was not in control was when He wrote in his own blood on the mirror.. Jack the Ripper

I agree, but New Guy thinks that Renard and Juliette should have been able to resist the attraction caused by the spell used to wake her, so I'm curious if he sees the possession differently. And why a spell powerful enough to return Grimm powers and turn a human into a Hexenbiest wouldn't be strong enough to influence behavior.
Robyn and Kathryn,
If Hexenbiest spells were so powerful that no one could resist them then the world would be totally controlled by Hexenbiests. It is an individual choice to live by high moral and ethical standards. Renard will kill if it suits him. When Jack "possessed" Renard it was simple for Jack to get him to murder the hookers because his own moral standards are so low. His lack of any remorse for the murders shows how amoral he is.
The re-Grimm turned Juliette into a Hexenbiest. It didn't alter her morals. She just used it as an excuse to launch a tirade of hatred and acts of violence against Nick or anyone who tried to "help" her. IMO even if there had been no Hexen-side-effect Juliette may have implemented her vile acts because her hatred was already within her. The Hexenbiest simply amplified the severity of her heinous crimes. She enjoyed what she did and like Renard has no remorse because she also is amoral.
New Guy

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Robyn - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 05:18 PM)New Guy Wrote: Robyn and Kathryn,
If Hexenbiest spells were so powerful that no one could resist them then the world would be totally controlled by Hexenbiests. It is an individual choice to live by high moral and ethical standards. Renard will kill if it suits him. When Jack "possessed" Renard it was simple for Jack to get him to murder the hookers because his own moral standards are so low. His lack of any remorse for the murders shows how amoral he is.
The re-Grimm turned Juliette into a Hexenbiest. It didn't alter her morals. She just used it as an excuse to launch a tirade of hatred and acts of violence against Nick or anyone who tried to "help" her. IMO even if there had been no Hexen-side-effect Juliette may have implemented her vile acts because her hatred was already within her. The Hexenbiest simply amplified the severity of her heinous crimes. She enjoyed what she did and like Renard has no remorse because she also is amoral.
New Guy
So how does this compare to Nick under the influence of the Zombie spell? Nick was on a rampage, violent, hit Juliette, killed a man. The show supplied a contrived out for Nick, the man he killed had a knife. However, Nick, under the Zombie influence had no idea the man had a knife when he killed him. Nick, the Grimm, unable to resist the Zombie spell influence, killed the man.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Chris Curran - 06-20-2016

Nick and adelind having a relationship wasn't really any of their fault juliette ,Nick and adelind don't really have any control over the relationship. As Nick did say after he slept with her he was sleeping with Kelly's mother none of them wanted this at first so I don't think it's a slap in juliette face they were (sorry for cliche) bought together through powers beyond their control. So really it's just unfortunate for juliette (let's see what happens)

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - izzy - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 07:05 PM)Chris Curran Wrote: Nick and adelind having a relationship wasn't really any of their fault juliette ,Nick and adelind don't really have any control over the relationship. As Nick did say after he slept with her he was sleeping with Kelly's mother none of them wanted this at first so I don't think it's a slap in juliette face they were (sorry for cliche) bought together through powers beyond their control. So really it's just unfortunate for juliette (let's see what happens)

Not as a dig at your comments, but just general I think many people would agree with you. But what I don;t get, is why is Nick such a a prize? I mean, why would a woman fret over losing him? I men he is "ok" but is he really a "catch"? I am not so sure Juliette is not better off without him; at one point she clearly thought that because she was not willing to accept his proposal.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - eric - 06-20-2016

I can't see Nick having a good relationship with either Adeline or Juliette/Eve. Too much bad blood, too many bad memories all the way around, all sides have hurt the others. They might be able to forgive, I don't see any of them forgetting. They all have reason to kill the others in their sleep. I see them destined to live apart, they all may find true love, but it would be with someone who did not try at one time or another to kill them. Call me old fashioned, i can't see (in the real world) where this could work out well. However, since this is Grimm, maybe the writers will have them form a commune and live out in the woods.Big Grin

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Chris Curran - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 07:15 PM)izzy Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 07:05 PM)Chris Curran Wrote: Nick and adelind having a relationship wasn't really any of their fault juliette ,Nick and adelind don't really have any control over the relationship. As Nick did say after he slept with her he was sleeping with Kelly's mother none of them wanted this at first so I don't think it's a slap in juliette face they were (sorry for cliche) bought together through powers beyond their control. So really it's just unfortunate for juliette (let's see what happens)

Not as a dig at your comments, but just general I think many people would agree with you. But what I don;t get, is why is Nick such a a prize? I mean, why would a woman fret over losing him? I men he is "ok" but is he really a "catch"? I am not so sure Juliette is not better off without him; at one point she clearly thought that because she was not willing to accept his proposal.
I don't think of him as a catch as I'm a lad but Nick seems to be a perfect father and protector for both adelind. But we don't really have much history on Nick and juliette as they were together right at the start.band we got a little bit of foreshadowing in the first episode that Nick always had an eye on adelind before he was even knew he was a Grimm. And also he's the main character it's just natural

I've also got to remember this is a different adelind to the one in the first couple of seasons

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - degrimm - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 07:44 PM)Chris Curran Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 07:15 PM)izzy Wrote:

I don't think of him as a catch as I'm a lad but Nick seems to be a perfect father and protector for both adelind. But we don't really have much history on Nick and juliette as they were together right at the start.band we got a little bit of foreshadowing in the first episode that Nick always had an eye on adelind before he was even knew he was a Grimm. And also he's the main character it's just natural

I've also got to remember this is a different adelind to the one in the first couple of seasons

i don't know how you watch your tvshows but saying nick is a protector of his women?? he defended his fetus in season 4 and not adalind. i pretty much think it has to be a different show.
secondly, u don't know the history of nick and juliette in season 2, like i said unless u are a freakishly new fan or u just stayed blinded to the facts and info from the show, either go watch it again or get all your info right.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - New Guy - 06-21-2016

(06-20-2016, 06:48 PM)Robyn Wrote:
New Guy
So how does this compare to Nick under the influence of the Zombie spell? Nick was on a rampage, violent, hit Juliette, killed a man. The show supplied a contrived out for Nick, the man he killed had a knife. However, Nick, under the Zombie influence had no idea the man had a knife when he killed him. Nick, the Grimm, unable to resist the Zombie spell influence, killed the man.
Hi Robyn,
The point is that when Nick learned that the guy in the bar fight died he took responsibility, had remorse and was about to turn himself in. Renard talked him out of it.
Compare that to Renard. When he learned he had murdered the hookers he only looked for a way to dodge responsibility and had no remorse.
New Guy

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Kathryn Wooten - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 03:57 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 06:48 PM)Robyn Wrote:
New Guy
Hi Robyn,
The point is that when Nick learned that the guy in the bar fight died he took responsibility, had remorse and was about to turn himself in. Renard talked him out of it.
Compare that to Renard. When he learned he had murdered the hookers he only looked for a way to dodge responsibility and had no remorse.
New Guy

I assume Nick showed compassion to every wesen he killed..( nope)
example the bee lady. I always wonder why he killed her, when she was warning him the day of reckoning was coming. Only regret I saw there was (damn) I needed more information.....we can't pick and choose who is more guilty killing people than the other. As Renard told Nick we not going to add up the dead are we? if I am not mistaken Nick killing does not even compare with Renard's infact you can count renard killing's (possessed or other wise) under 20 as seen on TV...we can stop counting Nick's killing at 20 and triple that every season... Nick has nothing on Renard in body count..Nick is the champion

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Chris Curran - 06-21-2016

Technically it wasn't rape as Nick willing did it