Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 03:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 05:43 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 05:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: I should revise my original opinion. Julette was punished long before she left Nick. This is a prime example. She was Nick's girlfriend long before he ever encountered Monroe and scoobs. Yet she has to be the one to find acceptance in his world. You have to wonder why kind of a man he is to set such standards on his own girlfriend.
I don't think it was intentional/malicious on his part. I guess it doesn't make it any less bad for Juliette. In his mind there was only ever one version of "Juliette". When she turned into a hexenbiest, he'd had mostly awful interactions with one. At the time, he saw no other way for her and that was his mistake. When Juliette went crazy, it just confirmed his views on Juliette/hexenbiest combo.

Juliette and Eve both have conversations with Nick where his acceptance of what she is brought into questions and Nick basically rejects the concept both times (1st: because he loved human Juliette (and hated hexenbiests) and the 2nd: because he saw Juliette as his victim for being a Grimm), the difference is Juliette's/ reactions both times. The first time she saw it as a rejection of who she is and later she no longers cares what he thinks, she's content with her life as is. This is what Juliette should have done the first time, choose herself.

I do see his actions as intentional and having a touch of arrogance to them. I see him as taking the position that Juliette would never be able to cope if she knew about the world of wesen. He punished her for being human.
I think we were talking about differ things. I was talking about Nick accepting her hexenbiest when she revealed it not Nick accepting human Juliette into the scooby gang. That's what I meant when I said he wasn't intentional or malicious even though it hurt Juliette.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 05:59 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 05:56 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 03:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't want to sound callous here, but who cares how Bree and Claire handle their baby care issues? If anything, let the dads care for the babies while they're working.

That is how NBC contracts work for women actors. They get back early and most have high income husbands. Is your point NBC should break its contracts for actresses?

Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 9. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.

I used Claire's baby birth date (May 19 2015) and the production start date for season 5 she went back to work after 7 weeks.

It looks like Bree was not given enough time.

How could Bree go from show 9 to show 211?

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 209. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.
Bree was a regular from the start of the season 2 May 30 ,2012. Grimm signed her up knowing she was pregnant.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - irukandji - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 07:17 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: That is how NBC contracts work for women actors. They get back early and most have high income husbands. Is your point NBC should break its contracts for actresses?

Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 9. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.

I used Claire's baby birth date (May 19 2015) and the production start date for season 5 she went back to work after 7 weeks.

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 209. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.
Bree was a regular from the start of the season 2 May 30 ,2012. Grimm signed her up knowing she was pregnant.

It only takes them a week and a half to shoot an episode?

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 08:21 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

It only takes them a week and a half to shoot an episode?
I think so.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - irukandji - 05-23-2017

(05-22-2017, 04:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: That is how NBC contracts work for women actors. They get back early and most have high income husbands. Is your point NBC should break its contracts for actresses?

It takes time for the individual episodes to appear on screen with editing and such. I'm thinking she either filmed a lot of her scenes prior to giving birth or her scenes were postponed until she could safely return to film them after the okay by her doctor. I can't imagine G&K forcing her to go back to work and risking her health outside of her doctor's orders.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 04:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

It takes time for the individual episodes to appear on screen with editing and such. I'm thinking she either filmed a lot of her scenes prior to giving birth or her scenes were postponed until she could safely return to film them after the okay by her doctor. I can't imagine G&K forcing her to go back to work and risking her health outside of her doctor's orders.

Mary: I remember she had to leave earlier than expected (WispyWillow point it out below) and she is missing from two shows (208, 209) before giving birth. As an example, some women get high pressure later in pregnancy and have to leave work early. The_Bottle_Imp is where Rosalee's Aunt is sick the whole show she only speaks to Monroe by phone. Over_My_Dead_Body is where the Aunt becomes sick in the middle of the show and starting then Monroe only talk to Rosalee by phone so Rosalee sees less of Angelina than G&K would have wanted (little love triangle). G&K may have filmed Rosalee half of the phone scenes after she came back from work for the shows they had original planned her to be in.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bottle_Imp 207
Meanwhile, Monroe arrives at Rosalee's spice shop, since he had agreed to take care of it while she was gone. Rosalee calls him, and after skirting around the subject of Angelina, whom Monroe still grieves over, she informs him of an order placed by Leroy, a man with hearing problems. Rosalee tells Monroe that he will need to give him an item called an assourdissant and to be careful because it is the only one she has, and she then provides him with the recipe for Leroy's medication.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Over_My_Dead_Body 206
Rosalee calls Monroe. They both apologize for the ruined dinner, and she tells him that she is leaving Portland for a few days because her aunt is ill. She asks him to take care of the shop for a few days, to which he agrees.

(05-22-2017, 12:59 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvRTqACx8MB4xtvh_t5V0...xJNAt7ymxg]

bree turner going on her maternity break earlier than expected probably stopped the triangle from happening. there was still some jealousy between rosalie and angelina but they were both more worried about monroe's safety.

first 4 minutes

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Renardfan99 - 05-25-2017

(05-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Rosalee even made mention of why Juliette became a Hexenbiest. In "Iron Hans", she said that Juliette was paying the price for them taking Adalind's child. Later in the episode, Nick has a look of shame on his face after Adalind said she only did what she did to him because they took her child away from her. Adalind did it as a result of the gang kidnapping Diana but she didn't do it for revenge. I think they were willing to work with Adalind on helping Juliette because they realized they all shared responsibility in what happened to her.

It struck me how much of a slap in the face the relationship was to Juliette when Nick gave Adalind her car. I thought that was kind of sleazy. Not to mention stupid for having Adalind drive around in a missing Juliette's car.

On the other hand, I think there was a reason Juliette slept with Renard and Kenneth besides showing how low she's sunk. I believe the writers wanted Nick not to give a damn how Juliette would feel about a relationship with Adalind due to those actions plus having a hand in his mother's brutal death. If anything, Juliette may have giving Nick more reasons to start a relationship with Adalind without feeling any remorse.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This is human, or wesen, trafficking we're talking about. Adalind had no right to sell her baby. Which also means that the Royals had no right to take her. The Royals bought Diana in what is equivalent to a Black Market sale. They had no rights to Diana. The Royals didn't adopt her.

To be clear, all of the adults involved in what happened to Diana before she was even two weeks old were in the wrong. The Royals don't get to have Diana because of the questionable morals of her mother.

(05-21-2017, 04:01 PM)Loona Wrote: Sean is not my problem : ) My problem is Adalind - if you rewatch it in binge watch everything makes a little bit more sense. And I need to say Adalind is naive and stupid - she is Hexenbiest and a lawyer. Adalind should know better.

Adalind should've known better but why is Sean not your problem. He's just as responsible for Nick and Juliette's turmoil as she is. Adalind is a Hexenbiest and lawyer but he's a Zauberbiest and police captain. She probably would've never had anything to do with Nick if it weren't for Renard. She'd probably be terrorizing some other dope that had no connection to Nick.

Adalind SOLD her baby to the Royal's in exchange for her powers and she reneged on the deal.

(05-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Rosalee even made mention of why Juliette became a Hexenbiest. In "Iron Hans", she said that Juliette was paying the price for them taking Adalind's child. Later in the episode, Nick has a look of shame on his face after Adalind said she only did what she did to him because they took her child away from her. Adalind did it as a result of the gang kidnapping Diana but she didn't do it for revenge. I think they were willing to work with Adalind on helping Juliette because they realized they all shared responsibility in what happened to her.

It struck me how much of a slap in the face the relationship was to Juliette when Nick gave Adalind her car. I thought that was kind of sleazy. Not to mention stupid for having Adalind drive around in a missing Juliette's car.

On the other hand, I think there was a reason Juliette slept with Renard and Kenneth besides showing how low she's sunk. I believe the writers wanted Nick not to give a damn how Juliette would feel about a relationship with Adalind due to those actions plus having a hand in his mother's brutal death. If anything, Juliette may have giving Nick more reasons to start a relationship with Adalind without feeling any remorse.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Two wrongs don't make a right. This is human, or wesen, trafficking we're talking about. Adalind had no right to sell her baby. Which also means that the Royals had no right to take her. The Royals bought Diana in what is equivalent to a Black Market sale. They had no rights to Diana. The Royals didn't adopt her.

To be clear, all of the adults involved in what happened to Diana before she was even two weeks old were in the wrong. The Royals don't get to have Diana because of the questionable morals of her mother.

(05-21-2017, 04:01 PM)Loona Wrote: Sean is not my problem : ) My problem is Adalind - if you rewatch it in binge watch everything makes a little bit more sense. And I need to say Adalind is naive and stupid - she is Hexenbiest and a lawyer. Adalind should know better.

Adalind should've known better but why is Sean not your problem. He's just as responsible for Nick and Juliette's turmoil as she is. Adalind is a Hexenbiest and lawyer but he's a Zauberbiest and police captain. She probably would've never had anything to do with Nick if it weren't for Renard. She'd probably be terrorizing some other dope that had no connection to Nick.

Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-25-2017

I think Meisner dragged her with it was a good thing.
As Adalind would have faced royalty if she changed his mind?.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hell Rell - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind SOLD her baby to the Royal's in exchange for her powers and she reneged on the deal.

I know what Adalind did but that still doesn't give the royals any rights to Diana since they're not actually allowed to buy a person. Adalind never had any right to sell Diana so the royals had no right to buy her. No right at all!

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

I'm not disputing this at all. This has been brought up several times. I'm not absolving Adalind of any blame. She's guilty as hell! I'm saying, and have been saying, Renard should stop receiving a free pass by certain parts of the fandom. He's the mastermind. Renard deserves just as much blame as Adalind does. It doesn't make her innocent to acknowledge the part Renard played in all of this.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind is an adult that chose to help Renard and could have told him to take a hike.

Adalind is an adult that chose to help her mother with a debt and could and should have told her to take a hike. Adalind was not even being paid for that season one stuff and that is part of why Adalind was so shocked at her mother and Sean rejecting her.

(05-25-2017, 11:40 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers and the Royal's were in their complete right to take the kid.

Adalind SOLD Diana in exchange for her powers to Stefania Vaduva Popescu. The Royal's were not going to pay Stefania Vaduva Popescu means they were completely wrong to take the kid.