Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 01:25 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 01:22 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 12:44 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I bought my last Bones dvd set at S7, could barely get passed S8, never went beyond the first few episodes of S9. I realized that I only ever enjoyed Booth and Brennan when they weren't together than when they got together (hated it when she disappeared with Booth's child) and they killed two absolute favourites of mine, Vincent Nigel Murray and Lance Sweets (by the time he died, I knew I'd never catch up with the show and I don't regret it one bit).

Unlike Grimm, this is a show that lends itself more to shipping but I agree with you. I liked Booth and Brennan better when they weren't together and was fine with them never getting together even though it was pretty much inevitable.

Sweets and Mr. Nigel Murray were two of my favorites too. I kind of missed Zack in later seasons as well. I reallu didn't like the twist with him in season 3. I guess Sweets never told anyone else what Zack told him in season 4. I wish they would've revisited Zack in later seasons. He wasn't innocent by any stretch and deserved to be locked up but there were definitely reasons to revisit that storyline.
didn't the revisit Zack in the last season? I'm sure I saw a trailer of it some time last year, or maybe that was a fan made trailer which YouTube seems to have a lot of these days?

Yes, the last few shows of Bones they prove Zach innocent and he goes free.

(05-22-2017, 01:30 PM)Loona Wrote: With Bones I totally agree with you two. I always wanted that Bones and Booth coming together but as they got together - it was nothing more like it was when they weren't together...and when Bones take the daughter with herself and her father I could never fully forgive Bones for that. And I stopped watching within the 7th season. And watching just a few episoden after that. But it was never the same as before.

The fact that Bones and Booth were the same as before to me was a plus. The other posters say they saw a difference in how Bones and Booth acted after they were together and that is why they dropped the show. IMO Bones acted like she fell in love with Booth romantically partly after they moved in while Booth was in love with Bones for a while.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-22-2017

Don't get me wrong I like the old Bones. Temperance did things she never wanted. She never wanted to get married and have children and later on she changed. I think Booth changed her - but it's almost out of character.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 01:55 PM)Loona Wrote: Don't get me wrong I like the old Bones. Temperance did things she never wanted. She never wanted to get married and have children and later on she changed. I think Booth changed her - but it's almost out of character.

Mary: Some of the women in my family were like Temperance. It is true these women may not feel they have to have marriage and children but if they get pregnant it does not mean they will get rid of the baby or not work with the father. In general the more educated the women the more likely they will evidently get marry even if is not the stereotype.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2016/08/19/the-most-educated-women-are-the-most-likely-to-be-married/
Eleanor Krause, Isabel V. Sawhill, and Richard V. ReevesFriday, August 19, 2016

Marriage used to be a classless phenomenon. But, not anymore: in 2008, marriage rates amongst college-educated 30-year-olds surpassed those without a degree for the first time. Among women in their early 40s (between 40 and 45), a clear gap has emerged in recent decades:

The education-marriage relationship appears to hold even at these higher levels, as rates of marriage amongst middle-aged women with advanced degrees are now higher than for those which just a bachelor’s degree:

Eleanor Krause, Isabel V. Sawhill, and Richard V. ReevesFriday, August 19, 2016

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-22-2017

The decision of Temperance not wanting to have children is different. His decision was based on his fear rather than having a good career. Remember how your life was after the disappearance of your parents.
Having a child does not make one feel fulfilled, unless your really look for it or you want it. Having a baby does not solve teenage life.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - irukandji - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 05:43 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 05:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: I should revise my original opinion. Julette was punished long before she left Nick. This is a prime example. She was Nick's girlfriend long before he ever encountered Monroe and scoobs. Yet she has to be the one to find acceptance in his world. You have to wonder why kind of a man he is to set such standards on his own girlfriend.
I don't think it was intentional/malicious on his part. I guess it doesn't make it any less bad for Juliette. In his mind there was only ever one version of "Juliette". When she turned into a hexenbiest, he'd had mostly awful interactions with one. At the time, he saw no other way for her and that was his mistake. When Juliette went crazy, it just confirmed his views on Juliette/hexenbiest combo.

Juliette and Eve both have conversations with Nick where his acceptance of what she is brought into questions and Nick basically rejects the concept both times (1st: because he loved human Juliette (and hated hexenbiests) and the 2nd: because he saw Juliette as his victim for being a Grimm), the difference is Juliette's/ reactions both times. The first time she saw it as a rejection of who she is and later she no longers cares what he thinks, she's content with her life as is. This is what Juliette should have done the first time, choose herself.

I do see his actions as intentional and having a touch of arrogance to them. I see him as taking the position that Juliette would never be able to cope if she knew about the world of wesen. He punished her for being human.

(05-22-2017, 12:45 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: My question was not how to hide the pregnancy it was how to handle the "maternity" leave. G&K expected Bree and Claire to go to work with tiny babies like 2-4 weeks who were too young for day care. G&K had the writers keep the women by one set where their babies would be for weeks. If you did not want to pair up Nick and Adalind in season 5 what storyline would you have used in its place so the real baby got the care it needed on the set still.

I don't want to sound callous here, but who cares how Bree and Claire handle their baby care issues? If anything, let the dads care for the babies while they're working.

(05-22-2017, 03:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't want to sound callous here, but who cares how Bree and Claire handle their baby care issues? If anything, let the dads care for the babies while they're working.

That is how NBC contracts work for women actors. They get back early and most have high income husbands. Is your point NBC should break its contracts for actresses?

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - irukandji - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 04:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 03:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't want to sound callous here, but who cares how Bree and Claire handle their baby care issues? If anything, let the dads care for the babies while they're working.

That is how NBC contracts work for women actors. They get back early and most have high income husbands. Is your point NBC should break its contracts for actresses?

Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hell Rell - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 01:40 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Yes, the last few shows of Bones they prove Zach innocent and he goes free.

That's good to know. I'm glad they revisited that because it was hanging in the air for so long. I might watch those episodes some day.

(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Actually my thought on this is that NBC isn't going to argue with the actresses' physicians. Normal maternity leave is 6 weeks for a regular delivery so we know they would not be able to work for at least 6 weeks.

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 9. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.

I used Claire's baby birth date (May 19 2015) and the production start date for season 5 she went back to work after 7 weeks.

It looks like Bree was not given enough time.

(05-22-2017, 05:56 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Bree gave birth on Sept 12, 2012 when they were finishing up filming show 9. She appeared in show 211 about 3 weeks later.

I used Claire's baby birth date (May 19 2015) and the production start date for season 5 she went back to work after 7 weeks.

It looks like Bree was not given enough time.

How could Bree go from show 9 to show 211?