Grimm Forum
Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette (/Thread-Nick-and-Adalind-s-relationship-is-a-slap-in-the-face-to-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 10:07 AM)brandon Wrote: Bree was not character regular in the series yet.

Mary: Bree was a character regular in season 2 and she gave birth while the show was filming season 2.

wiki: Bree has a daughter named Stella Jean (born June 29, 2010),[6] and a son named Dean (born September 12, 2012).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bree_Turner
http://ew.com/article/2012/07/17/bree-turner-pregnant-grimm/

POSTED ON JULY 17, 2012 AT 5:37PM EDT

EW: Actress Bree Turner is expecting her second child, reports People.

Turner, who plays Rosalee on the drama Grimm, is seven and a half months pregnant. She debuted her baby bump Saturday at Comic-Con.

“Thankfully the [Grimm] crew has been very flexible with my current situation,” the actress told NBC San Diego.

Turner, 35, and her husband, Justin Saliman, are already parents to 2-year-old daughter Stella Jean. The pair wed in 2008.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hexenadler - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 10:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: If Diana was not born in 2013 what should the writers have done to keep Claire at one set when her real baby was small in your opinion and not hurt the story line.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your question.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 10:56 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 10:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: If Diana was not born in 2013 what should the writers have done to keep Claire at one set when her real baby was small in your opinion and not hurt the story line.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your question.

How would you have changed the storyline so Adalind and Claire could be on one set for 501 to 508 (her maternity leave). Claire can misses two shows each season by contract.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-22-2017

Just because the actress was pregnant doesn't need to bring it on the show - as example: Look at Bones when Emily was pregnant they didn't show the baby belly.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 11:04 AM)Loona Wrote: Just because the actress was pregnant doesn't need to bring it on the show - as example: Look at Bones when Emily was pregnant they didn't show the baby belly.
No, it's not necessary. They chose not to with Bree Turner and they could have chosen not to with Claire but I think the allure of causing more drama in Nick's life was too much to resist. Didn't Bitsie mention in an interview how they intended to have Juliette go evil (I don't know the time frame between intent and execution) and Adalind being pregnant with Nick's child was one of the easiest ways to make it happen after she became a hexenbiest. Claire's pregnancy was simply an opportunity they chose to exploit.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Hell Rell - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 11:04 AM)Loona Wrote: Just because the actress was pregnant doesn't need to bring it on the show - as example: Look at Bones when Emily was pregnant they didn't show the baby belly.

It was worse with Bones since Emily was the co-star. I stopped watching Bones years ago but didn't she have a ONS with Booth which led to her getting pregnant because she got pregnant in real life? I believe that was the season six finale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they cut a couple of seasons short because Emily got pregnant again. It greatly affected the show when she got pregnant. Much more than CC because Emily was the co-star.

I also think Scandal faced the same problem with Kerry Washington getting pregnant.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Loona - 05-22-2017

Yes, that was with a reason why I stopped watching Bones. First you wait all the years that they will get together - then there was a look back but we we didn't see it on our own -.- and then she let Booth alone even after she know the story of his son Parker.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

They tried to hide Kerry Washington's pregnancy behind big hats and coats or always sitting down the first time and they couldn't do the same the second time so they shortened the season and pushed back production. Before Claire fell pregnant, Adalind was a visually active antagonist/hexenbiest. Would hiding her behind coats and hats work? Having her sitting down for a whole season wouldn't have worked either. Writing the pregnancy in probably seemed the lesser evils in terms of production and narrative. Sure it pissed off people, shippers and non shippers alike but G&K told the stories that they wanted end of story.

Edit: Obviously some were certainly happy they used Claire's pregnancy in the story. I just went with the flow. Now that she has the kids, I don't want them gone when before they existed, I would have been okay because I didn't like Adalind back then and wished her gone (that obviously changed with motherhood Smile )

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - Mrtrick - 05-22-2017

Adalind's pregnancy simply served the largest number of writerly objectives. They wanted a significant catalyst for Juliette's growing fury. They wanted a way to pull Adalind into to the core of the show. It gave them an opportunity to explore a relationship between Nick and Adalind, that would have been nearly impossible otherwise. And it played into larger themes that G&K were trying to set up. When we see grown Kelly at the end, it speaks to Nick's familial legacy in a way that would have been difficult without him. Certainly baby Kelly doesn't do much, but he's meant to be more representative of the future, instead of because becoming a well defined character in his own right. Many shows have had babies, and more often than not, they tend to be more useful in driving plot than anything else. Unless they take the oft used approach of aging said baby, (like Angel or, most recently, 12 Monkeys), there isn't much else to be expected from them.

RE: Nick and Adalind's "relationship is a slap in the face to Juliette - brandon - 05-22-2017

Rosalee did not have a partner yet and not a good idea as to why she would be pregnant. Instead Adalind pregnant would add spicier to. If Juliette became bad it could be more because Juliette was tired of accepting everything with a good smile.