Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers (/Thread-Rewatch-1x16-The-Thing-with-Feathers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - Waldfrau - 07-17-2018

I don't think she avoided his proposal on purpose, I think she was genuinly concerned for this woman, she could have seen it coming though because she knew about the ring.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - Hell Rell - 07-17-2018

I think Juliette was genuinely concerned about the woman. She saw all the warning signs of an abusive relationship and a woman in fear at the market. The vibes this couple was giving off was shouting at her. Juliette wouldn't have been able to have peace of mind if she ignored it.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - irukandji - 07-17-2018

I would agree. Juliette wasn't dodging Nick. She was putting things into perspective and prioritizing her concern toward the most important at the time, which was the woman's safety.

However, the issue of "dodging" Nick brings up some thoughts.

Juliette was the one who made the decision to refuse the proposal because she sensed Nick's deception where she was concerned. However, she left marriage as a very distinct possibility in their future together.

Nick didn't disagree, but I also noticed that Nick didn't give Juliette leeway to bring up the subject of marriage when she felt there was no longer a deception between them.

On the other hand, if Juliette felt Nick earned her trust and was no longer being deceptive, she never gave any indication that the time was right to discuss marriage.

Did both Nick and Juliette sense that marriage was not in the future for them, and so both of them dodged it at every opportunity?

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - Hell Rell - 07-17-2018

I can't really explain why it didn't come up again although they were definitely hints both of them were thinking about it in season 3.

At the same time, I don't think it was being dodged by either of them. I always felt that Juliette would've accepted another proposal by Nick prior to Kelly and Adalind showing up at their door with Diana. Trubel came onto the scene in the next episode so things had just got too hectic to bring up marriage in a blatant way again. It's just insane to think about the sequence of events that occurred from late season 3 onwards into season 4.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-17-2018

In "Synchronicity," Nick was about to pop the question again just before his mom arrived with Adalind and Diana. He took the ring out of its box, put it in his pocket and started to ask, and the smile on Juliette's face was a good indication that was going to be "the moment." And then there was the knock on the door and it was off to the races.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - irukandji - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 07:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: In "Synchronicity," Nick was about to pop the question again just before his mom arrived with Adalind and Diana. He took the ring out of its box, put it in his pocket and started to ask, and the smile on Juliette's face was a good indication that was going to be "the moment." And then there was the knock on the door and it was off to the races.

It was a moment that never materialized, no matter how good the indication. Aside from that, I wonder how the "specialness " of a proposal deteriorated from that of a romantic getaway to Nick's couch.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - dicappatore - 07-17-2018

We all need to just admit how we were all played by the writers over and over again, for something that was never intended to take place. Whether it was an intended process from the start or if it was a progression in development? In the end, we were all played by the expectations of a Nicolette ending instead of an Nadalind one.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-17-2018

Having the main "love interest" couple in a series marry is something that is usually avoided at all costs, and if it's done at all it tends to happen on series finales. It seems to be something that's regarded as a jinx. They'll marry off supporting characters left and right, though.

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - Waldfrau - 07-18-2018

I very much agree, in season 3 it was neither Nick's nor Juliette's fault, the writers just brought up situation after situation to delay the proposal. Wasn't there also this sweet moment where Nick said that every other woman than Juliette would have left him by now (I think he was referring to Trubel staying with them)?

RE: Rewatch: 1x16 - The Thing with Feathers - irukandji - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 02:34 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: I very much agree, in season 3 it was neither Nick's nor Juliette's fault, the writers just brought up situation after situation to delay the proposal. Wasn't there also this sweet moment where Nick said that every other woman than Juliette would have left him by now (I think he was referring to Trubel staying with them)?

I wonder why the writers would do that? It seems to me that if they didn't want Nick and Juliette to consider getting engaged, they'd simply just ignore the ring and have the two of them continue living together.

(07-17-2018, 09:37 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Having the main "love interest" couple in a series marry is something that is usually avoided at all costs, and if it's done at all it tends to happen on series finales. It seems to be something that's regarded as a jinx. They'll marry off supporting characters left and right, though.

What I think was a jinx to the series were the babies that the series decided to add. The series could have done very nicely without Diana and Kelly.