Grimm Forum
S5E17 - Inugami - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E17 - Inugami (/Thread-S5E17-Inugami)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - Hexenadler - 04-19-2016

(04-18-2016, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: I can't remember if someone brought it up in this thread or another, but there was a very good point made about Nick having Monroe and Rosalee poke around in the tunnels. Nick himself said there was no evidence of the tunnels in the building schematics. So he sends his dear friends into tunnels built by unknown persons. He doesn't know the structural integrity of the tunnels because he hasn't been down there. What a doofus. I'm betting the law never gets wind of the skeleton down there.

In hindsight, Nick DOES look like a bit of a heel for sending Monroe and Rosalee into a series of tunnels that, for all they know, could collapse right on their heads if one of them were to so much as sneeze.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - irukandji - 04-19-2016

You'd think Nick would get a clue just how dangerous it was when he sees the pile of bricks around. Well, I guess he did. He figured it was too dangerous for him.

It also appears there is something else down there with them, (shock). I'm half deaf so I didn't actually hear this, but the closed caption on my television stated there was flapping sound when Monroe and Rosalee were getting ready to descend.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-19-2016

The flapping sounded like bats to me, and I was guessing that following their sound was how Monroe and Rosalee were going to find a way out of the tunnels when Adalind came home. But then they showed Nick getting the help call on his phone, so now I have no idea what the flapping meant.

The first thing I thought of was that we were meant to assume the flapping was the sound of bats. However, Rosalee and Monroe walked quite a ways without encountering any, and did not come to any exit where the bats might have escaped to. I'm still wondering if maybe there's something down there that Nick will be encountering next season.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - tscchope - 04-19-2016

(04-18-2016, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-18-2016, 08:00 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Adalind broke into the house when she took some of Juliett's hair to make her polyjuice inhaler hat. She broke in again when she impersonated Juliette. And then she broke in yet again when she confronted Juliette and got her head handed to her by HexenJuliette.

I'd say Eve deserves an unannounced visit. It looked like she scared Adalind s**tless. As it should be. Kudos to Claire. She looked appropriately frightened there.

Nick himself said there was no evidence of the tunnels in the building schematics. So he sends his dear friends into tunnels built by unknown persons. He doesn't know the structural integrity of the tunnels because he hasn't been down there.

What break in? Locks mean nothing to a powerful hexenbiest. Juliette's first kill was one of the wesenrein by exploding brain. Julliette didn't call Adalind for saying she wasn't a hexenbiest. Adalind's more powerful than Juliette realises, if she can mask her hexenbiest powers.

Nick had been down in the tunnels. He said so. He hadn't found anything and was limited to a short nighttime excursion.. He asked Monroe and Rosalee to go exploring because Adalind was going out. A better question would be why did Monroe and Rosalee accept Nick's invitation to go tunnel exploring? Is Rosalee searching for something?

(04-19-2016, 01:21 PM)tscchope Wrote: Adalind's more powerful than Juliette realises, if she can mask her hexenbiest powers.

I don't think she can mask her powers from Eve. Eve knew right off she was a hexenbiest. But what difference does it make at that point? Eve didn't come there to harm Adalind, only to warn her.

(04-19-2016, 01:21 PM)tscchope Wrote: Nick had been down in the tunnels. He said so. He hadn't found anything and was limited to a short nighttime excursion..

He must have been blind then. There was a skeleton down there. Interesting he didn't think of mentioning it to Monroe and Rosalee. And what about the flapping noise? Why didn't Nick warn them about bats?

(04-19-2016, 01:21 PM)tscchope Wrote: He asked Monroe and Rosalee to go exploring because Adalind was going out. A better question would be why did Monroe and Rosalee accept Nick's invitation to go tunnel exploring? Is Rosalee searching for something?

An even better question would be why Nick would have them explore the cellars in the first place if he'd been down there and found nothing.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - syscrash - 04-19-2016

It seemed strange to me that Nick would ask Monroe and Rosalee to explore the tunnel. Until you realize they both have a curious nature. Consider Monroe meet Nick working an investigation. That is also how Monroe and Rosalee meet. I think they like the action.

(04-19-2016, 01:51 PM)syscrash Wrote: It seemed strange to me that Nick would ask Monroe and Rosalee to explore the tunnel. Until you realize they both have a curious nature. Consider Monroe meet Nick working an investigation. That is also how Monroe and Rosalee meet. I think they like the action.

I think the problem is the creative team doesn't really know what to do with Monroe and Rosalee, so they put them at Nick's beck and call. It's a shame really. Why not get them involved in stories of their own?

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-19-2016

Well, the series does revolve around Nick. So every other character's role is to do things with/for Nick or to give him something to do.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - jsgrimm45 - 04-19-2016

I question I would like answered is why Nick didn't want to check the tunnels out with Adalind around? She knows the tunnels are there so why doesn't Nick want it check out without her around anyone got a thought on that?