Grimm Forum
S5E17 - Inugami - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E17 - Inugami (/Thread-S5E17-Inugami)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - Thibault Anckaert - 04-16-2016

This episode was among a few from previous seasons that were frustrating to watch. Once again we go along the oft trodden path of memory loss and instant stupidity and hidden truths from the some of the characters. Will the "unexplained" ( Dead neighbours, Diana with BC etc) rear its ugly head again. Will Adalind leave Nick for Renard as BC want? Will Nick and Eve reconnect in a future episode? To me, it seems as where they want to go and it makes for really poor watching at the moment.
[/quote]
Oh so that's probably the difficult decission that will come for Adalind in the future episodes? She will have to chose between Nick and Kelly or getting Diana back but helping BC. That makes so much sense because Eve told Adalind that BC wants her because hexenbiests are valuable.
But I think Adalind is probably not going to help BC, because she loves Nick and she has a way better relation with Kelly than with Diana so she's probably going to stay with Nick.
Also I don't think Adalind wants to mess with Eve.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - syscrash - 04-16-2016

Considering the firm is welcoming Adalind and Kelly. Sean has Diana. Adalind now has a job. What could Nick possibly offer her to get her to stay. Adalind goes with Sean and the firm she could have Diana and Kelly.

(04-16-2016, 03:33 AM)syscrash Wrote: Considering the firm is welcoming Adalind and Kelly. Sean has Diana. Adalind now has a job. What could Nick possibly offer her to get her to stay. Adalind goes with Sean and the firm she could have Diana and Kelly.
Why would she do that, she loves Nick and she knows if she does that Eve will destroy her...
There is also a episode in the future called "Set up" which will probably lead to Sean who gets betraid by BC and Rachel.
Somewhere out here there were also spoilers from s6 where it says that Nick keeps fighting against BC in order to protect Kelly and Adalind.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - New Guy - 04-16-2016

Hi Forum,
This episode generated a wide range of opinion. I liked it from a drama point of view, but I am not happy about what is happening.
I agree with Kathryn that it is vital to learn how Diana went from a helicopter rescue by Meisner (HW) to having Rachel (BC) bring her to Renard.
Is Meisner a double agent?
Will Renard join BC, Join HW or just continue as the self-serving Royal Wannabeking jerk he has been?
New Guy

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - Kathryn Wooten - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 04:03 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
This episode generated a wide range of opinion. I liked it from a drama point of view, but I am not happy about what is happening.
I agree with Kathryn that it is vital to learn how Diana went from a helicopter rescue by Meisner (HW) to having Rachel (BC) bring her to Renard.
Will Renard join BC, Join HW or just continue as the self-serving Royal Wannabeking jerk he has been?
New Guy
lol you had me till Wannabe king jerk lol...Renard I honestly believe is out for himself, that being said. If BC did not bring his daughter into it..Renard would always have his guard up and bring down BC...as far as we seen after his 3rd year he has, become a law in forcer, he gave up his past sins such as underground fighters(even if they were the scum of Wesens, being terminated) and the body chop shop. Renard may be a wanna be King, but he still cares for the people in his town. That being said it will now be very difficult, now that BC gave Renard and Adlaine the thing they always wanted. Their daughter back...BC now /sorta owns Renard and Renard knows he owes BC..but I know at the end..Renard and Adlaine will end up on the right side, even though it does not look like it at the beginning

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - jsgrimm45 - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 04:35 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
New Guy
lol you had me till Wannabe king jerk lol...Renard I honestly believe is out for himself, that being said. If BC did not bring his daughter into it..Renard would always have his guard up and bring down BC...as far as we seen after his 3rd year he has, become a law in forcer, he gave up his past sins such as underground fighters(even if they were the scum of Wesens, being terminated) and the body chop shop. Renard may be a wanna be King, but he still cares for the people in his town. That being said it will now be very difficult, now that BC gave Renard and Adlaine the thing they always wanted. Their daughter back...BC now /sorta owns Renard and Renard knows he owes BC..but I know at the end..Renard and Adlaine will end up on the right side, even though it does not look like it at the beginning
Sorry but I'm back to thinking Renard is back to season 1 Renard caring only for what he can get. I see him trying to destroy the scooby's or at least warning them to stay out. Hope I'm wrong as I liked Renard the scooby.

Something else we have to take away for this episode. Adalind may (for now I'm saying may not sure) have been lying from day one to all the Scooby's. She knew she had to be a hexenbiest to get her job back at the law firm. So telling Rosalee she want the hexenbiest gone lie, only play Nick along until those powers came back to get her job. Normal hexenbiest power actions.

The good mother thing may be true but I hope I'm wrong and the new hexenbiest Adalind is really working to help Nick and the scooby's with as she has knows her old law firm so she knows how they work so getting on the inside may help, and are likely working with BC. Not telling Nick and gang the plan makes their reaction real.

Now the Sean/LBB story line may (I hope) be a play to get Diana and to help Nick keep an eye on Sean and Rachel.

Note I have a lot of hope in this post. Sad

(04-16-2016, 05:33 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 04:35 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
New Guy
Sorry but I'm back to thinking Renard is back to season 1 Renard caring only for what he can get. I see him trying to destroy the scooby's or at least warning to stay out. Hope I'm wrong as I liked Renard the scooby.

Something else we have to take away for this episode. Adalind may (for now I'm saying may not sure) have been lying from day one to all the Scooby's. She knew she had to be a hexenbiest to get her job back at the law firm. So telling Rosalee she want the hexenbiest gone lie, only play Nick along until those powers came back to get her job. Normal hexenbiest power actions.

The good mother thing may be true but I hope I'm wrong and the new hexenbiest Adalind is really working to help Nick and the scooby's with as she has knows her old law firm so she knows how they work so getting on the inside may help, and are likely working with BC. Not telling Nick and gang the plan makes their reaction real.

Now the Sean/LBB story line may (I hope) be a play to get Diana and to help Nick keep an eye on Sean and Rachel.

Note I have a lot of hope in this post. Sad
I am happy for you that I can say you're wrong Smile.
In the 100th episode interview with Claire she clearly said that she's done being a hexenbiest and she will lay all her focus on raising Kelly. She also told is that the feelings for Nick are real.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - grimmfan14 - 04-16-2016

The episode was a mixed bag. I hate it when characters are put in contrived situations. Rosalee betraying Adalind to make Nick nervous about her, even though Rosalee KNOWS why Adalind is scared. Like Adalind literally said "he'll get rid of us." She's scared of losing her family basically. But when Rosalee told Nick she NEVER said that. She just portrayed Adalind as untrustworthy, as did Monroe, and it makes Nick question Adalind.

And why be so hypocritical? They agreed to lie to Adalind about what they found in Germany!!

Having said that, Adalind SHOULD tell Nick.

I wonder though, if Adalind going to Renard is part of HW's plan. Eve knows their plan and she warns Nick and Adalind that she'll be approached. Maybe they decide to use that, and use Adalind as a plant?

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - wfmyers1207 - 04-16-2016

Absolute garbage. Angry It's no wonder that the shows ratings have taken a very serious hit over the last week. NBC's decision to renew the series may have been premature. It's going downhill fast.

After last weeks' piece of bigoted crap, we get this weeks' episode which doesn't even make much sense.

Super hexenbitch, the murderous slut, is now Nick's guardian angel? BC now has LBB? Who had her before? The Laufer, the Royals, HW? BC just snagged her and no one noticed she was gone? Or is this all just a BC trick to con Renard and Adalind?

It would now seem that Wu has indeed contracted a contagious HEREDITARY disease!

As I mentioned in a post last week, even fantasies have to have an internal logic or the story becomes a jumble of incomprehensible crap. Grimm is rapidly becoming incomprehensible crap. Angry

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - droid327 - 04-16-2016

The WOTW storyline was OK, if a little formulaic for procedurals...the requisite moment of squick at the crime scene, the unsurprising twist you saw coming the whole time, one-dimensional characters that border on offensive stereotypes...I think it would have been a little edgier and more controversial if it wasn't Japanese, but make it into a Muslim or Indian Wesen honor killing. Japanese killing for honor with a katana just seems a little on the nose.

The rest of it, just ugh. We've officially gone back into "Juliette and Renard Mode", where ALL the drama and tension is created by characters not talking to each other, not knowing things, or not knowing if other characters know or not. That was horrible schlock writing the first several times they used it, and its horrible schlock writing now.

Sean, Eve, Nick and Adalind just need to all come over for coffee one morning and have a planning session.

Eve is inscrutable. All of a sudden she has emotions, after all? She cares about Nick so much? I'm still kinda holding onto my theory that Eve is Juliette's body but Kelly's (Nick's mom) consciousness. That explains her curt mannerisms, her mission-is-everything approach, and her caring for Nick and protecting him, then, is motherly and not romantic. If its not that, then Eve is just nonsensical.