Grimm Forum
S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E14 - Lycanthropia (/Thread-S5E14-Lycanthropia)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - irukandji - 03-31-2016

Interesting that the end of the episode showed a full moon and Wu was not a werewolf.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - syscrash - 03-31-2016

I have not seen the show provide and explanation then in the same episode violate it. They did not even leave ambiguity in the explanation. For this reason Wu condition is not going to be what we think. Like we knew Bitsie was coming back but no one saw the rise of Eve. Wu will be the same way.

My guess the scratch is an infection, they will try and cure it, Wu is turned in to a wesen. What they discover is all people have a recessive wesen gene, that the stick activates. This makes the BC movement moot since everyone is wesen.

Would be interesting, the show releasing the inner wesen in people with there not knowing what they are releasing.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Rotkäppchen - 03-31-2016

(03-30-2016, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 04:36 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 03:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 03:46 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: Jeepers!
However, if you are complaining of the last couple seasons and each episode that has aired to date for S5 and how you can't stand it anymore bla bla bla then why are you still watching it and why are you in here? If you've moved on (from enjoyment and no longer watch and/or care for it) then that is your choice.

Was this directed to me, Rotkappchen?

Not completely, no. You're not the only one (and I had to read/glance back) but it's not just on this thread. Plus I forget half the time I get through things unless one comment on who wrote what ...

Oh, okay. From my perspective, I don't hate the show, nor has it gotten to the point where I can't stand it. Even if it did, I doubt I would leave the forum. I like to read others' perspective on it and I enjoy the discussions. I don't particularly like what has been done to the characters.

Dislike of what's been done to the characters is just as important as liking what's been done to them, IMO.

Dislike of characters is also totally different than dislike of the show Smile I read it as though you didn't like the show (how it came across) so I wasn't sure. Thanks for that! I can relate when characters change one way or another (not just this show) and it's like ahhhh man FFS! LOL makes total sense to me! Thank you again! The other one or two I haven't seen in while - and they were new too so maybe people just popped in to show displeasure and leave *shrug* I dunno or sometimes I do catch myself reading a thread and then realizing it is old and nobody has responded in a while LOL it is so interesting to read back on some of the threads and now that we know what has taken place ... anyway, I talk too much HA

Let's write Jeff Miller (who did that episode) and see what he says ROFL

@jefe_miller

Gosh, I hope it's not a wesen recessive gene in everyone. That would be a mess in a half for the finale HAHAHAHAHA I'd get on my rocketship and say adios! LOL Smile

(03-31-2016, 12:12 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: Dislike of characters is also totally different than dislike of the show Smile I read it as though you didn't like the show (how it came across) so I wasn't sure. Thanks for that! I can relate when characters change one way or another (not just this show) and it's like ahhhh man FFS! LOL makes total sense to me! Thank you again! The other one or two I haven't seen in while - and they were new too so maybe people just popped in to show displeasure and leave *shrug* I dunno or sometimes I do catch myself reading a thread and then realizing it is old and nobody has responded in a while LOL it is so interesting to read back on some of the threads and now that we know what has taken place ... anyway, I talk too much HA

You're welcome. I have a question. Why do you think people who don't like the show should leave the forum? I mean, should that be a requirement of the forum? People must like the show in order to post?

(03-31-2016, 12:22 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 12:12 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: Dislike of characters is also totally different than dislike of the show Smile I read it as though you didn't like the show (how it came across) so I wasn't sure. Thanks for that! I can relate when characters change one way or another (not just this show) and it's like ahhhh man FFS! LOL makes total sense to me! Thank you again! The other one or two I haven't seen in while - and they were new too so maybe people just popped in to show displeasure and leave *shrug* I dunno or sometimes I do catch myself reading a thread and then realizing it is old and nobody has responded in a while LOL it is so interesting to read back on some of the threads and now that we know what has taken place ... anyway, I talk too much HA

You're welcome. I have a question. Why do you think people who don't like the show should leave the forum? I mean, should that be a requirement of the forum? People must like the show in order to post?

No. That's not what I said (at all).

I think that if you have someone coming in (trolling basically) or someone that definitively loathes this show or another and they're only coming in once in a while to put down a show like "I hate this show, it's horrible, so and so is awful and bla bla bla" only worse or trying to just get under everyone's skin (on purpose) then to me, why would they be there (except to troll) and NO I would NOT say that a person should leave. That is their decision (unless an admin puts them out for trolling obviously - which that's what admins do); I want to have conversations and a good time when I have time to be here to discuss a show that is of mutual interest between the parties that are here in the forum. If someone is constantly berating the show on every level I don't want to see it and I don't want to communicate with them. Most people don't. I don't get to come in here all the time. When I do, it's my choice and I enjoy reading all the theories and why/how someone likes something about an episode or character (on all fronts) - if I want to just read "this show sux" I can see that on comments on the FB Grimm fanpage from NBC (main show page) or where blogs are out and people comment as you always find people that no longer watch saying "I stopped watching after season 3 and it sucks and still sucks et al" how do they know and yes, they're entitled to their opinion but after the same person continues to do it - it's like get a life dude, why are you even reading about it then or why are you still hanging out where those that ARE fans are hanging out at? I mean, do you get a dollar for each person you turn against it? LOL no, didn't think so, uhmmmkay, you have nothing better to do then, well, good day, sir, good day! HAHAHAHA It's just a "WHATEVER" and I'm giving this more air, brain cells, and time to even respond than I need to *sigh* ROFL

BTW, when I said that if I tire of a show and no longer have ANY interest in it whatsoever, I leave. That's my personal right and opinion, and because: why do I care about that forum or care to hear about it since I found myself no longer enjoying and actually despising it. Why should I hang out and comment (especially if I haven't watched the show in a season or two) except that I have nothing better to do but spew negativity and that in turn makes me look like a tool (especially if I no longer watch) and keeps me in a dour mood as well. It's like hey, I have absolutely no life and I no longer watch this show and haven't for quite some time but I still have nothing better to do but come in here and hate on y'all and the show and make fun of y'all which then all that negativity overshadows anything I'm doing IRL - IMHO - because what fun is it to do that and I'm sure I have other and better things to do with my time than troll forums of shows that I no longer give two shats about basically (at least I would hope I have better things to do LOL). To me, that's the type(s) of persons that usually are pretty negative overall IRL about anything. I have no drama in my real life and don't want any on the interwebs either. Some live for it. I'm not one of them. We're all here for Grimm and we all have different and very different likes and dislikes about characters, episodes - all of it. That's what I like about this forum. It stops being enjoyable though when it's nothing but criticism for those that are posting. I don't want my fandom ruined - I'd leave first (and go elsewhere); hoping that helps resolve this completely Smile

(03-31-2016, 01:54 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: No. That's not what I said (at all).

I think that if you have someone coming in (trolling basically) or someone that definitively loathes this show or another and they're only coming in once in a while to put down a show like "I hate this show, it's horrible, so and so is awful and bla bla bla" only worse or trying to just get under everyone's skin (on purpose) then to me, why would they be there (except to troll) and NO I would NOT say that a person should leave. That is their decision (unless an admin puts them out for trolling obviously - which that's what admins do); I want to have conversations and a good time when I have time to be here to discuss a show that is of mutual interest between the parties that are here in the forum. If someone is constantly berating the show on every level I don't want to see it and I don't want to communicate with them. Most people don't. I don't get to come in here all the time. When I do, it's my choice and I enjoy reading all the theories and why/how someone likes something about an episode or character (on all fronts) - if I want to just read "this show sux" I can see that on comments on the FB Grimm fanpage from NBC (main show page) or where blogs are out and people comment as you always find people that no longer watch saying "I stopped watching after season 3 and it sucks and still sucks et al" how do they know and yes, they're entitled to their opinion but after the same person continues to do it - it's like get a life dude, why are you even reading about it then or why are you still hanging out where those that ARE fans are hanging out at? I mean, do you get a dollar for each person you turn against it? LOL no, didn't think so, uhmmmkay, you have nothing better to do then, well, good day, sir, good day! HAHAHAHA It's just a "WHATEVER" and I'm giving this more air, brain cells, and time to even respond than I need to *sigh* ROFL

The reason I asked the question was because of this statement you made:

Quote:However, if you are complaining of the last couple seasons and each episode that has aired to date for S5 and how you can't stand it anymore bla bla bla then why are you still watching it and why are you in here?

Just curious, that's all.

(03-31-2016, 02:11 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 01:54 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: No. That's not what I said (at all).

The reason I asked the question was because of this statement you made:

Quote:However, if you are complaining of the last couple seasons and each episode that has aired to date for S5 and how you can't stand it anymore bla bla bla then why are you still watching it and why are you in here?

Just curious, that's all.

Hope that helped LOL

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Hell Rell - 04-01-2016

(03-30-2016, 02:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 08:35 PM)Mart Wrote: First, she didn't even know Wu was scratched as Wu didn't know or realized it himself at that time being high on adrenaline and all that was going on, so how could she? Is she Jesus? Rolleyes

No, just someone with half a brain.

Quote:But even if she saw the scratch - why would she assume something could happen, if there was nothing about that written in the books or in the stories she was told about that defect?

Then why did she and Monroe already know so much about the defect to start with? The writers simply choose whatever plot development is the most convenient to them, and to hell with consistency or logic.

Quote:I'm not a huge fan of the later seasons development either, but this is really making up inconsisties that just aren't there.

I'm not making up anything, Mart. This is more of a case of you trying to use duct tape to cover said inconsistencies (smooth spelling, by the way) and shutting down anyone who points out the plot holes through your own faulty arguments. I've seen this used on other people in different forums who attempt to constructively criticize a story, and it was just as obnoxious then as it is now.

I don't know what forums you frequent but I've seen this the most in Game of Thrones threads. You can make the most constructive criticism but you'll be labeled a hater. In other instances, you may get the femanazi or SJW label. Believe me, this forum isn't as nearly as apologetic as those threads can be. I'm a fan of GOT but some people think that show is above criticism and anyone who disagrees should leave immediately.

As for Rosalee, I think she would be very concerned if she had known Wu was scratched. The uncertainty of the consequences of being scratched by a Lycanthrope would be very scary. I think she would want to keep an eye on Wu if they were going to be consistent with her character.