Grimm Forum
Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End Part 2 (/Thread-Spoilers-5x22-The-Beginning-of-the-End-Part-2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End Part 2 - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-16-2016

5x22 "The Beginning of the End Part 2"

Air Date:
May 20, 2016

Synopsis:
A DEADLY SHOWDOWN IS ON THE HORIZON AS BLACK CLAW TIGHTENS ITS GRIP ON PORTLAND - SHAUN TOUB, DAMIEN PUCKLER, JACQUELINE TOBONI AND HANNAH R. LOYD GUEST STAR - Black Claw makes a strategic move against Hank (Russell Hornsby) that shocks everyone and sends Nick (David Giuntoli) on a war path. Hadrian's Wall ramps up their investigation as they seek out a mysterious man named Bonaparte (guest star Shaun Toub). Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) and Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) must learn to deal with their new and very unpredictable reality with Diana (guest star Hannah R. Loyd). Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 Set Up - wfmyers1207 - 03-16-2016

Well, that title leads me to believe that word has already come down from NBC that the show is going to be canceled, just hasn't been released officially yet.

Now, there are two likely possibilities how this could be handled.

1) This episode will be the series finale and that's it. Sad

2) Or, because ratings are still on the bubble, and the show does have a loyal fan base, NBC has decided to let it return for a limited season 6. Say, 8 or 10 episodes to wrap things up and then it will be replaced by a new show mid-season. Undecided

Anyone else have some thoughts on this? Dodgy

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - jsgrimm45 - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 12:57 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, that title leads me to believe that word has already come down from NBC that the show is going to be canceled, just hasn't been released officially yet.

Now, there are two likely possibilities how this could be handled.

1) This episode will be the series finale and that's it. Sad

2) Or, because ratings are still on the bubble, and the show does have a loyal fan base, NBC has decided to let it return for a limited season 6. Say, 8 or 10 episodes to wrap things up and then it will be replaced by a new show mid-season. Undecided

Anyone else have some thoughts on this? Dodgy
Number 2 the season 6 will close out the series. Ending as a fantasy Nick/Adalind/Kelly/Diana the family, Monroe Rosalee with a baby on the way, Hank married, Wu dating , Renard as Governor of OR, Trubel/Eve/Meisner off to wipe up BC.

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - Hexenadler - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 12:57 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: 2) Or, because ratings are still on the bubble, and the show does have a loyal fan base, NBC has decided to let it return for a limited season 6. Say, 8 or 10 episodes to wrap things up and then it will be replaced by a new show mid-season. Undecided

Has that been done before with another show?

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - Belle - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 02:09 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 12:57 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: 2) Or, because ratings are still on the bubble, and the show does have a loyal fan base, NBC has decided to let it return for a limited season 6. Say, 8 or 10 episodes to wrap things up and then it will be replaced by a new show mid-season. Undecided

Has that been done before with another show?

It actually happens quite a lot.
Recently, Mike and Molly got a final season that was short compared to all previous seasons.
Of course I hate that show, so they could have just stopped after season one.

Another option is to have a service like Hulu or Netflix pick up a shortened season, which has been done with shows like Longmire and the Mindy Project. They even started picking up shows after time has elapsed in cases like Arrested Development and Full House (now Fuller House).
Personally, I would LOVE to see Netflix pick up another season of Grimm because then we could all binge watch it with no commercials.
Imagine, a whole season you could watch straight through...
Plus, they often make the episodes longer because they don't have to edit them to accommodate commercials.

In that case, maybe the title is confirmation that a sixth season has indeed been greenlit - albeit a shortened one, which reflects something David Giuntoli said in a recent interview about season 6 probably being the show's last.

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - Rotkäppchen - 03-16-2016

*squeal*

I sure hope so!

I'm happy with 13 epi's for season 6 or a full season of 6 - or shortened and then Netflix taking over too!

The only scenario that I would not be happy with is it being cancelled and it just "ends" at the end of 22. Then I will just use my own stick to have the gates of hell open up and swallow all of the NBC Exec's that allowed/or made that decision LOL

Someone keeps writing out there on some of those spoiler shows that either "The Mysteries of Laura" will be replacing Grimm or that another show - that it's done/cancelled and I'm getting peeved and I want to reply but that's way too much and too many places for me to remember where I was and what or who I am (I can't even create myself over on Grimm Wiki as someone already has this screen name lol and every one I have tried like a 100 of them are all also take HAHAHA)

and I did see that someone else finally replied to a few of those comments and is writing that Grimm was picked up for a shortened s6

I think they both are talking out the side of their neck and nobody knows squat right now. Some are even speculating we're not going to know until closer to May Sad

I know that the ratings I posted earlier in the week went down a point the next day and the ones I saw today showed .92

I'm going to go write a scathing note to the person that wrote about the Soira guy being a detective / having the lineage of being from a family of hunters! They got their stuff all mixed up! If that is going to happen it's not going to happen with this guy! This Soira guy is in this Friday's episode (Slams) as the fighter/wrestler or one of them *smdh*

ohohohoh

Wrong place to post - but all that AfterBuzz kept talking about the triangle not being a triangle but a Rhombus ...

On the other hand, a shortened season could mean the writers have less opportunity to monkey around as they've done with previous seasons. Subplots have had a tendency to drag in the past, and being forced to work towards the endgame could put a stop to that.

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - wfmyers1207 - 03-17-2016

(03-16-2016, 03:33 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: On the other hand, a shortened season could mean the writers have less opportunity to monkey around as they've done with previous seasons. Subplots have had a tendency to drag in the past, and being forced to work towards the endgame could put a stop to that.

Yeah, that would be nice. One of the things that I think have hurt the show is the tendency to get to deep into some of these subplots.

Besides the shows Belle mentioned, a couple more examples of shortened series finale seasons are:

Warehouse 13, Season 5, 6 episode wrap (2013)
The Menatlist, Season 7, 13 episode wrap (2015)

There really is quite of bit of precedence for a shortened season wrap up on American TV. Which is why the possibility occurred to me. Smile

RE: Spoilers: 5x22 The Beginning of the End - syscrash - 03-17-2016

Quote:Warehouse 13, Season 5, 6 episode wrap (2013)
The Menatlist, Season 7, 13 episode wrap (2015)

If those two shows are your examples then we are sure to have a season 6. They just did the reboot. Like your two examples they have gone from repetitive stories to anything goes. Great for bringing excitement to the show. But it can not sustain the long run because people want each episode bigger and better. That only goes so far.

You have Eve where else can she go. You have Sean he becomes mayor where does he go. Adalind went from villain, to mom, back to hexenbiest where does she go. Monrosalee the only place they can go is a break up or death. The three amigos NIck, Hank, Wu. The only one that other then being read in have not changed and there for the long haul. But even they are becoming predictable.