Grimm Forum
Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? (/Thread-Is-Grimm-worth-watching-past-season-3)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - SinisterMatti - 03-06-2016

I just finished season 4 episode 1, and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.
Spoiler :
It seems like the writers are taking away everything that makes this show interesting. Nick's no longer a grimm, Renard is dead, I'm considering moving on to the next show rather than finish watching the rest of CSI: Portland. It's just not the same without Nick being a grimm.
Should I keep watching?

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - syscrash - 03-06-2016

I can say this the characters change in a big way. If you have ready other post you may get a feel of some of the changes.
The show does what they call a reboot. There where things that happened that made me almost stop watching. But now I am glad I hung in there. I got good and sounds like it is even going to get better. It is no longer the season one Grimm.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - Sable677 - 03-06-2016

I really enjoyed season four myself. A lot does happen that sets up a reboot in season five, but season four was pretty good. One of my favorite things about season four is the Wu storyline. I don't want to spoli anything, but around episode eight things really change for Wu.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - syscrash - 03-06-2016

That why I can wait for Wu's next change. Especially if it is because of the chest.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - Kiki_thor - 03-07-2016

In a word, yes! Every show has rough patches and there is one thing about season five that's weirded me out a little, but I've not been as excited as I am for the upcoming (100th!) episode for any show since I was a kid. They're actually going places with the plot, unlike most shows.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - Hexenadler - 03-07-2016

(03-06-2016, 01:41 PM)SinisterMatti Wrote: I just finished season 4 episode 1, and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.
Spoiler :
It seems like the writers are taking away everything that makes this show interesting. Nick's no longer a grimm, Renard is dead, I'm considering moving on to the next show rather than finish watching the rest of CSI: Portland. It's just not the same without Nick being a grimm.
Should I keep watching?

IMO, I'd advise against it. The writers take one particular character down a very dark, needlessly depressing road which undermines not only the relationship between herself and someone else, but the entire show as a whole. If the series is cancelled this year, I personally feel much of the blame should be directed towards this plot development.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - syscrash - 03-07-2016

I also did not like how they made the season 4 to season 5 transition. I now see why,and I like the character. To me she got the better end of the deal. Without the transformation she would be left with knowing but no longer being connected. Nick had no other choice then the one he made. I have found wait a few episode and bad situations seems to turn around.

I am seeing Season 5 to really get crazy. Up to this point they have solved different problems but we always felt their's a solution. Now it is everything seems permanent. The price of being involved seems to be going up.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - SumYungHo - 03-08-2016

Should you keep watching?

Well, despite the obvious and rather toxic level of ButtHurt frequently expressed over Seasons 4 and 5, I'd say it all depends on whatever it is that you might personally find interesting and entertaining.

In my opinion, the show only really evolved from being a generic procedural (albeit with a supernatural twist) and cookie-cutter Monster of the Week time-killer in the latter half of Season 4. If you keep watching, I'm confident that you'll believe as I do and bitterly resent the fact that one particular character was not torn to pieces by wild dogs and then shat into the remote Oregon wilderness.

Had the Powers That Be employed these Heroic canines, they would have avoided a needlessly depressing road that has resulted in the most disappointing development, thus far, in Season 5.

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - New Guy - 03-08-2016

Hello SumYungHo,
You commented:
Quote:[I] bitterly resent the fact that one particular character was not torn to pieces by wild dogs and then shat into the remote Oregon wilderness.

Had the Powers That Be employed these Heroic canines, they would have avoided a needlessly depressing road that has resulted in the most disappointing development, thus far, in Season 5.
Many of us have a character that we would prefer was gone and undesired plot lines (depressing roads) that we have not enjoyed.
So, SumYungHo, who is your "particular character" and your "depressing road?" For me, the "particular character" was Hexenette. I felt Nick was done with her and I even questioned if anyone would attend her funeral; good riddance. The FrankenEve character is an insult to Nick. For me, the "depressing road" is the Ship Nadalind plot. The flashbacks during their scenes remind me just why Ship Nadalind is not sea worthy.
Hey Forum, if you read this, why not add your two cents and tell about your "particular character" and "depressing road?"
New Guy

RE: Is Grimm worth watching past season 3? - Hexenadler - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 02:54 AM)SumYungHo Wrote: Well, despite the obvious and rather toxic level of ButtHurt frequently expressed over Seasons 4 and 5, I'd say it all depends on whatever it is that you might personally find interesting and entertaining.

SYH, we're always doing our best to express our opinions and views in a way that doesn't provoke negativity or flame wars. "ButtHurt" is directly from the language of trolls, the kind of calculated word that's designed to get a rise out of people. If you're not a troll, please try to prove it in future posts.