Grimm Forum
S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights (/Thread-S5E10-Map-of-the-Seven-Knights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - eric - 02-21-2016

I really liked this show, thought it moved the story along well. I have a few nits to pick, tho. That workout of Eve's--come on now, everyone who has ever done that knows you have a sweat going after the first 50 or so--she didn't even have a dew!!Big Grin The book of the families brings up the question, how did some old dude in Europe know Nick's name. Who keeps tabs on all the families? is there a secret Grimm Council, like the Wessen Council? Have they kept tabs on Trubel? If so, why didn't they contact her to let her know she wasn't crazy? Those who complain about Renard's outline of how to destroy the other candidate have never read any real political memories--as the saying goes, it ain't bean bag.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 04:21 PM)eric Wrote: I really liked this show, thought it moved the story along well. I have a few nits to pick, tho. That workout of Eve's--come on now, everyone who has ever done that knows you have a sweat going after the first 50 or so--she didn't even have a dew!!Big Grin The book of the families brings up the question, how did some old dude in Europe know Nick's name. Who keeps tabs on all the families? is there a secret Grimm Council, like the Wessen Council? Have they kept tabs on Trubel? If so, why didn't they contact her to let her know she wasn't crazy? Those who complain about Renard's outline of how to destroy the other candidate have never read any real political memories--as the saying goes, it ain't bean bag.

Eric, I think it was Rosalee who did the research on Josef Nebojsa (the owner of the trunk) and traced his roots back to the Crusades. She thought one of his relatives on his father's side was possibly one of the original seven Crusade Knights. The ancestral ledger looked very authentic to the Nick and the gang. Maybe it was handed down through the ages to members of the Nebojsa family, who probably produced a Grimm or two themselves.

Had no idea that the workout Eve was doing could actually be accomplished by a real person, since whenever I get the urge to exercise I just lay down until it passes. Big Grin Seriously, no hands or anything? That's amazing.

I agree that politics usually gets pretty dirty, but I didn't know that Renard could be so cold-blooded about using scandalous history to destroy the opposition and as much as I like the character, I'm having some doubts about where his loyalties lie these days.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - New Guy - 02-21-2016

Hi Speakeasy,
You commented:
Quote:Had no idea that the workout Eve was doing could actually be accomplished by a real person, since whenever I get the urge to exercise I just lay down until it passes. Big Grin Seriously, no hands or anything? That's amazing.
Here is how she did it:
https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/status/700877805408485376/video/1
[Image: CboFqI9VAAAVXl_.jpg]
Look Ma. No wig!
New Guy

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - syscrash - 02-21-2016

Sean's campaign ideas are Sean season 1. Sean was always willing to do what is needed. Remember he had his brother killed. It is good to see him coming back. The Ripper beat him down, he lost all his scary after that.

In the beginning Adalind projected a lot of provado and always seemed dangerous, you never felt scared when she was around. Eve kind of makes you feel uneasy. I know that is what they want but, Eve is scary.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-21-2016

Haha, thanks, New Guy, am I credulous or what? I'm still laughing that I thought that it could be done. Btw, I'm in the market for bridge; anyone know of one for sale?Tongue

Syscrash, I realize I go easy on the Captain because I'm prejudiced in his favor, but he had his brother killed as a matter of self defense, and only after Eric tried to steal his Grimm and undermine Sean's position on several occasions. Eric was cruel, imo, he had his manservant killed by the Baron just to see it done. In the first season there is a scene where he is having a man being tortured for information and got angry because his screams were interrupting his phone conversation - he had the arrogant aristocrat's lack of regard for what they consider the lower classes.

Sean Renard is not cruel, imo, not in the least. He doesn't get physical unless he has to. He seems to sincerely care about the men he's in command of at the PPD. He's done some questionable things, but so would most of us if we were the objects of assassination by our own family and driven out of the country to stay safe. He has a legitamate claim to the throne and to be accepted by his royal family members; certainly stronger than Viktor's. And he'll achieve that goal, I believe. Renard has a personal code of honor to me. I don't like to see him sully it by stooping to work a traitorous plan, which is what I'm concerned may be happening because of Rachel's influence.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - irukandji - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 05:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Had no idea that the workout Eve was doing could actually be accomplished by a real person, since whenever I get the urge to exercise I just lay down until it passes. Big Grin Seriously, no hands or anything? That's amazing.

Lol, I hear you speakeasy. My exercise bike often doubles as a coat hanger. That workout scene with Eve.....I could have done without it.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-22-2016

@eric, I have the same questions you do as to how Nobojsa could have known about Nick.
@speakeasy A bastard does not have better claim than any legitimate claimant. Support from other family members helps, a powerful army more so. Nick is nobody's Grimm.
@irukandji The work out push up assisted by telekeneis. The only skill being improved is control over telekinetics.

@New Guy Brings a whole new meaning to negative campaigning. Sean's always been out for his own interests. Outing a guy with mob links is not exactly healthy. Should probably ensure his Will is up to date. Sean is pretty much peripheral to the HW-Black Claw war and Nick's search for the Keys. He could have been made relevant to both plotlines.

I'm confident Nick will have the whole map before he and Monroe leave for Germany. Sadly, I can't find anything to indicate it would be procedure for an officer to accompany a corpse back to its home country to brief local police/coroner on the cause of death and apprehension of any suspects. I'd blame dogs for the killings. The Anubis wesen had dogs they smuggled into the US to kill the bookdealer, ambulance guys and security guard. The dogs then turned on them and fled. Nick should alert the local dog catchers to be on the look out for some very dangerous German dogs.

I do hope Nick and Monroe get warned against going after the treasure. I look forward to Nick meeting Monroe's relatives again. This time as a Grimm. Nick's arguments as to why it is time to bring the treasure out of hiding should be fun -assuming the writers went down that line.

The Black Forest: a land of cuckoo clocks, were-wolves and witches. The gateau's really yummy, too.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-22-2016

Tscchope, gotta challenge you on the line for the throne. Viktor Konigsburg is Sean's cousin. Sean is King Frederick Renard's illegitimate son. King Frederick replaced Viktor with Kenneth, he surely wouldn't approve of his becoming the next monarch of the house of Kronenberg - even though that alone doesn't constitute legal right to the throne, I'm including it in my defense of Sean's claim on ethical terms. And lastly, I appeal you to the fact that V had the king murdered.

Since the king seemed to intensely desire raising his illegitimate granddaughter as royalty, not all out-of-wedlock family births are considered a barrier to royal ties. Eric himself invited Sean to come back into the family, saying his illegitimacy wasn't as important as it used to be.

You may be able to prove Renard's claim to be invalid because of the circumstances of his birth; I'm not sure about that, but certainly he has the more ethical right to the ascension to the throne. Betcha he gets it, too, Smile

Nick has been referred to as Renard's Grimm before in the show. Historically, Grimms went into service for the royalty to keep wesen in line, for example, the seven Grimm Crusade Knights, guess that's where the term originated.

(02-21-2016, 09:23 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 05:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Had no idea that the workout Eve was doing could actually be accomplished by a real person, since whenever I get the urge to exercise I just lay down until it passes. Big Grin Seriously, no hands or anything? That's amazing.

Lol, I hear you speakeasy. My exercise bike often doubles as a coat hanger. That workout scene with Eve.....I could have done without it.

Lol, I can go you one better, irukandji, mine is collapsed under a pile of stuff in my closet. You know I was a big Juliette supporter, but Eve is coming off a little freakish, imo, like syscrash said, she's scary.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:03 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Tscchope, gotta challenge you on the line for the throne. Viktor Konigsburg is Sean's cousin. Sean is King Frederick Renard's illegitimate son. King Frederick replaced Viktor with Kenneth, he surely wouldn't approve of his becoming the next monarch of the house of Kronenberg - even though that alone doesn't constitute legal right to the throne, I'm including it in my defense of Sean's claim on ethical terms. And lastly, I appeal you to the fact that V had the king murdered.

Eric himself invited Sean to come back into the family, saying his illegitimacy wasn't as important as it used to be.

You may be able to prove Renard's claim to be invalid because of the circumstances of his birth

Nick has been referred to as Renard's Grimm before in the show. Historically, Grimms went into service for the royalty to keep wesen in line, for example, the seven Grimm Crusade Knights, guess that's where the term originated.

You know I was a big Juliette supporter, but Eve is coming off a little freakish, imo, like syscrash said, she's scary.
Juliette was scary before she got the not-Juliette HW conditioning.

I never said Sean had no claim to the throne. I said as a bastard his claim would only come into play after all the other legitimate claimants. It would also assume that there are no older male bastards.

No-one knows Viktor was behind Frederick's presumed assassination. Sean is the obvious choice. He did murder Eric. I consider Sean to be unethical.

Yes, the show has referred to Nick as Sean's Grimm. Sean offered Nick an alliance. That they'd work together and co-operate to do something great or words to that effect.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - irukandji - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:03 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Lol, I can go you one better, irukandji, mine is collapsed under a pile of stuff in my closet. You know I was a big Juliette supporter, but Eve is coming off a little freakish, imo, like syscrash said, she's scary.

And you know......in a way, I'm liking that. I'm liking that a lot. She is scary. Bitsie's doing a pretty good job there with her acting ability. The other thing I wanted to say is that Grimm needed a character who IS scary and NOT easy to defeat. Nick needs to know that because he tends to forget that there are things out there worse than Eve. Things that won't stop at just torching his trailer or throwing him around for a laugh. She will be a constant reminder to him that they're out there. Some of them will want major revenge against him.

JS mentioned something about the fact that if she gets too powerful, the series would need to be called Eve or something along that line. In reality, it would not. The series is about Nick, who's a Grimm. Eve could easily be more powerful than him and much more scary. The fun about her (IMO) is the speculation regarding what her character might or might not do.

I laughed when I read about your exercise bike.

Tscchope-I knew she was doing pushups telekinetically. If they really want to show her improving her telekinesis, all she needs to do is slow a speeding bullet down, grab one in mid fire, or throw objects with her mind. We'd get the point and it would be much cooler.