Grimm Forum
S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights (/Thread-S5E10-Map-of-the-Seven-Knights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 10:20 AM)panther19 Wrote: Hi Speakeasy,
Great review! And I agree with everything you said. IMO, this was the best episode since mid season 4. I'm even
happy with Eve/Juliette who says she would not hurt Nick. She's well programmed to kill only BC. Looked like she
was levitating at the beginning. Thought witches could only fly on broomsticks haha. I need to watch this again.
Missed part about the fake keys.
Hope Map of the Seven Knights is the beginning of saving Grimm for another season.
Pant

Hi, Panther19, thanks and it's good we agree on the episode; I enjoyed it very much. Things are gonna get dicey from here on out. Smile

I will be sorely disappointed if we don't get a renewal for a 6th season, fingers crossed.

I usually have to watch these episodes twice also, miss so much if I don't, so I'm with you, it's another go-round of this one, too!

(02-20-2016, 10:00 AM)droid327 Wrote: HW continues to annoy me as a name, too...why is it even called that? Its a little casual for a quasi government agency with SHIELD-level operations, its not like they're a ragtag band of resistance fighters. Its not historically accurate. And the initials HW are particularly awkward to spell out, so it doesn't even abbreviate well.

I kinda like the name because Hadrian's Wall may have marked the northernmost limit of the Roman Empire and one main theory about its construction was that it was built to separate the civilized or intact world from the barbarians of the day. So because the government is prone to giving top secret projects names that are commensurate with it's type of mission, it sort of fits.

Thanks for identifying the Anubis as being the wesen after the trunk in this episode. I tried looking it up and there used to be a site for strictly showing the various wesen and their descriptions, but couldn't find it. But I remember something about them protecting ancient (they're Egyptian funereal gods, right?) relics, artifacts, etc. from the past. So it suits that they were the ones going after the contents of the trunk.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 10:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 10:20 AM)panther19 Wrote: I'm even
happy with Eve/Juliette who says she would not hurt Nick.
Hi, Panther19, thanks and it's good we agree on the episode; I enjoyed it very much.

Indeed a very watchable episode.
You did spot how Juliette looked at Nick whilst he was in the bunker, didn't you? The hate in those eyes was there. Must have taken great self-control not to explode Nick's brain.

If Meisner had any interest in Grimms, he'd have leapt at the chance to purchase 20 books. He's just lost his chance to recruit Nick.

Renard was spot on about the seven knights being Grimm and that Nick's ancestor was among them. It's likely he's right about there being 7 keys. Nick saying he had need of another 2, may not be slip on his part. It may be a test to see if Meisner knows how many keys there are. If he does, he'll probably mention 7 keys. Nick's going to be a bit stuck if all 7 are needed to enter the hiding place.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Hexenadler - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 10:00 AM)droid327 Wrote: JuliEve is getting a little annoying, just like Juliette did, in her wooden delivery. Juliette was accidental, Eve is deliberate (the writers finally writing to her acting talent), but its annoying just the same, particularly the way she keeps dissociating with Juliette so vociferously. Yeah we get it, you're brainwashed, but it just comes off as semantics when Juliette says it with her lack of inflection and emotion. Like a schoolyard argument where she just goes "Uh uh no I'm not, that was Juliette and I'm Eeeeve!"

It's becoming steadily more apparent that the writers conceived Eve solely to claim they had the brass to kill off a principal character at the end of season four, so come the time they actually bring her back, they can say "Nuh-uh, Juliette is dead, this is Eve! We didn't lie at all! Neener neener!" I simply can't see any other reason for creating Eve in the first place.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 10:58 AM)tscchope Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 10:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 10:20 AM)panther19 Wrote: I'm even
happy with Eve/Juliette who says she would not hurt Nick.
Hi, Panther19, thanks and it's good we agree on the episode; I enjoyed it very much.

Indeed a very watchable episode.
You did spot how Juliette looked at Nick whilst he was in the bunker, didn't you? The hate in those eyes was there. Must have taken great self-control not to explode Nick's brain.

If Meisner had any interest in Grimms, he'd have leapt at the chance to purchase 20 books. He's just lost his chance to recruit Nick.

Renard was spot on about the seven knights being Grimm and that Nick's ancestor was among them. It's likely he's right about there being 7 keys. Nick saying he had need of another 2, may not be slip on his part. It may be a test to see if Meisner knows how many keys there are. If he does, he'll probably mention 7 keys. Nick's going to be a bit stuck if all 7 are needed to enter the hiding place.

I also thought it was weird that Meisner didn't immediately send someone to watch over Monroe's uncle.
Once Trubel helped him put 2 and 2 together, Meisner seems like the kind of guy who would have been proactive about protecting the books, regardless of whether or not he could or would cough up 100 grand to buy them.
Meisner's "wait and see" attitude appeared to be employed just to drive the plot and struck me as very false.

When it comes to the missing keys, I wonder if the writers aren't setting up a Raider of the Lost Ark situation in which Nick and friends dig in the wrong place because without the final two keys the map keeps sending them to the wrong place.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - wfmyers1207 - 02-20-2016

You know, until Monroe confronted her, I didn't really consider what Juliette had done when she torched the trailer.

If these things had been real, what she destroyed were unique, and priceless historical artifacts. And the arson of the trailer would have been a crime against the heritage of all humanity.

For that alone she should be stood up against a wall and shot.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 11:27 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: You know, until Monroe confronted her, I didn't really consider what Juliette had done when she torched the trailer.

If these things had been real, what she destroyed were unique, and priceless historical artifacts. And the arson of the trailer would have been a crime against the heritage of all humanity.

The only criminal act Juliette committed was arson, not an act against humanity.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 11:27 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: You know, until Monroe confronted her, I didn't really consider what Juliette had done when she torched the trailer.

We know Juliette had been in Aunt Marie's trailer before the series began, so to speak. Juliette never struck me as the 'look but don't touch type'. Perhaps she saw something in there that she needed to destroy?

What Juliette did to the trailer is just what a member of the Black Claw would have done. Is there foreshadowing here? Will we see the trailer scene again from her POV?

There a continuity issue with this episode.
When Adalind asks about birthdays Nick responds April 14 for her. And June 18 - Battle of Waterloo day for him. Previous episode, such as bringing up Adalind's details record her date of birth as 16 October 1985. Something Nick would see, on his computer, were he ever in work.

Bullets wouldn't reach her.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 11:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:

The only criminal act Juliette committed was arson, not an act against humanity.
Sorry, but I agree with wfmyers1207.
She did commit a crime against humanity. She destroyed priceless artifacts. That puts her on par with ISIS and al Quaeda blowing up ancient relics like the Buddha statues in Afghanistan and the monasteries in Iraq.
It's way more than simple arson when you intentionally destroy irreplaceable objects that represent critical parts of human history.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - irukandji - 02-20-2016

For those who believe these were priceless artifacts, who certified them as priceless?

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - wfmyers1207 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 11:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Well, on that we'll have to disagree. As I said, IF these things had been real, they would have been priceless historic artifacts, and part of the shared heritage of humanity.

Their destruction would be inexcusable. Might as well have burned a couple of copies of the Guttenberg Bible and take a sledge hammer to the statue of David in Florence while she was at it.