Grimm Forum
S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights (/Thread-S5E10-Map-of-the-Seven-Knights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 04:26 PM)syscrash Wrote: The Matrix had Neo stop bullets with his mind, will Grimm ripe it off. I bet they do.
Juliette has already stopped a manticore's tail. Don't need to show her stopping bullets.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - anifou - 02-22-2016

(02-21-2016, 07:38 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 06:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Something struck me as possibly significant in this episode and that was we now know the Nick will turn 34 this June 18th. It seemed odd that he and Adalind discussed their birthdates; especially Adlind's lead-in line about her mom. And his year of birth being shown on the ancestral ledger. Probably nothing; this show is making me paranoiac. Also getting the feeling that Bitsie may be the original member of the cast to go this season.

(02-21-2016, 07:12 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Someone posted they changed Adalind birthday and they did one of the files Renard was is looking at is Oct 85 now it is Apr 14 so I looked up the marriage between an Aries and as Gemini. If you look at that match it matches their relationship at least on the site I check. Aries and Gemini keep each other interest but is alway is a complex one.

Considering that, it appears that Adalind's date of birth might be more significant that Nick's. I too looked up the astrological signs of both of them but it got past me as to any real meaning of the two; other than their compatibility, which was just as good a match with Libra (October 16 sign). But it does seem truly important somehow. Smile

Claire Coffee 's birthday is April 14 and David Giuntoli is June 18 !Tongue

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Sable677 - 02-22-2016

Loved this episode. I am so glad that we are back to the keys again. I remember reading an article a while ago about them promising the key story in season five and they kept their promise. Loved seeing so much Nick and Monroe time together. I have really missed that.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:25 PM)anifou Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 07:38 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 06:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Something struck me as possibly significant in this episode and that was we now know the Nick will turn 34 this June 18th. It seemed odd that he and Adalind discussed their birthdates; especially Adlind's lead-in line about her mom. And his year of birth being shown on the ancestral ledger. Probably nothing; this show is making me paranoiac. Also getting the feeling that Bitsie may be the original member of the cast to go this season.

(02-21-2016, 07:12 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Someone posted they changed Adalind birthday and they did one of the files Renard was is looking at is Oct 85 now it is Apr 14 so I looked up the marriage between an Aries and as Gemini. If you look at that match it matches their relationship at least on the site I check. Aries and Gemini keep each other interest but is alway is a complex one.

Considering that, it appears that Adalind's date of birth might be more significant that Nick's. I too looked up the astrological signs of both of them but it got past me as to any real meaning of the two; other than their compatibility, which was just as good a match with Libra (October 16 sign). But it does seem truly important somehow. Smile

Claire Coffee 's birthday is April 14 and David Giuntoli is June 18 !Tongue

Welcome to the Forum, anifou! That's amazing and answers my question about their significance. Don't know if the season will be over by David's B'day, but it will certainly still be being aired on Claire's, so she'll probably have a real and a make-believe celebration, twice as nice. Smile Thanks for posting and looking forward to having you take part in the lively discussions here.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - New Guy - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 04:48 PM)tscchope Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 04:26 PM)syscrash Wrote: The Matrix had Neo stop bullets with his mind, will Grimm ripe it off. I bet they do.
Juliette has already stopped a manticore's tail. Don't need to show her stopping bullets.
With those powers, why was Trubel able to fire two crossbow bolts into her neck and heart? Was she so focused on killing Nick that she dropped her guard?
[Image: 151029-news-grimm-1.jpg]
New Guy

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Mart - 02-22-2016

The answer: special Grimm crossbow and arrows, designed to kill wesen and can't be stopped by them. Big Grin

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-23-2016

@New Guy She was shot at point blank range. As it was she stopped them penetrating very deeply.
As Bitsie tweeted 'flesh wounds'.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - New Guy - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 02:45 AM)tscchope Wrote: @New Guy She was shot at point blank range. As it was she stopped them penetrating very deeply.
As Bitsie tweeted 'flesh wounds'.
Hi Tscchope,
I believe the bolts were 12" length. The bolt on her left went in maybe 6" and pierced her heart and lung. Blood was filling that lung, going up her wind pipe and (as you can see) coming out her mouth. That is quite a "flesh wound." I am going along with Mart:
Quote:The answer: special Grimm crossbow and arrows, designed to kill wesen and can't be stopped by them.
IMO, the writers had her dead (as in DEAD) but the attorneys forced NBC's hand due contractual issues with Bitsie Tulloch. The writers declared her dead and are now having to come up with a lame excuse (FrankenEve) and irritating plot line to fit her back into the show. The wigs are no help.
New Guy

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - tscchope - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 05:00 AM)New Guy Wrote: I believe the bolts were 12" length. The bolt on her left went in maybe 6" and pierced her heart and lung. Blood was filling that lung, going up her wind pipe and (as you can see) coming out her mouth. That is quite a "flesh wound."

IMO, the writers had her dead (as in DEAD) but the attorneys forced NBC's hand due contractual issues with Bitsie Tulloch.
The crossbow doesn't appear to be more than 12" long. The bolts aren't that long. I could have sworn the bolt head attachments were still showing on both bolts. There's no way one bolt could have hit both heart and lungs. Blood would have welled up for the neck wound however deep it was.

Sadly, I don't see any contractual issues for Bitsie's return. Her declarations make it quite clear she knew she was coming back and kept it a secret.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - New Guy - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 05:39 AM)tscchope Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 05:00 AM)New Guy Wrote: I believe the bolts were 12" length. The bolt on her left went in maybe 6" and pierced her heart and lung. Blood was filling that lung, going up her wind pipe and (as you can see) coming out her mouth. That is quite a "flesh wound."

IMO, the writers had her dead (as in DEAD) but the attorneys forced NBC's hand due contractual issues with Bitsie Tulloch.
The crossbow doesn't appear to be more than 12" long. The bolts aren't that long. I could have sworn the bolt head attachments were still showing on both bolts. There's no way one bolt could have hit both heart and lungs. Blood would have welled up for the neck wound however deep it was.

Sadly, I don't see any contractual issues for Bitsie's return. Her declarations make it quite clear she knew she was coming back and kept it a secret.
Hello Tscchope,
Here is a photo of the Doppelarmbrust:
[Image: latest?cb=20120506235058]
GrimmWiki describes it at:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Doppelarmbrust
including this:
Quote:There are several different sized darts one can use with the Doppelarmbrust, including the 4-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch darts, as well as "jumbo" darts. The jumbo darts are the largest and can carry the most amount of toxin or solution needed.
I estimate Nick's index (trigger) finger at apx 3.5" so it looks to be loaded with jumbo darts that are about 10".
Here is an interview with the writers about Juliette's "death."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/grimm-creators-finales-surprising-death-795616
Here is an interview with Bitsie about her "false death":
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/grimm/252341/grimm-bitsie-tulloch-reveals-details-on-her-false-death
Nick has seen a lot of death. He was certain Juliette was dead. Here is part of the 5.01 transcript:
Quote:Nick: Have you seen Trubel?
Monroe: No. Are you okay?
Nick: When was the last time you saw her?
Monroe: Last night. We left her at Bud's. What's wrong?
Nick: Juliette's dead.
Rosalee: What?
Nick: They took her body. They grabbed Trubel. They took my mom's head. I don't know what the hell's going on. I'll call you back. [He hangs up as he heads upstairs]
Rosalee: Juliette's dead?
Monroe: What the hell?
IMO, when 5.01 was being filmed, the FrankenEve plot line was already being written. The writers hoped to have it both ways; Juliette is dead; FrankenEve is not dead. Their best explanation is that she has wigs. I'm not buying it.
Someone on the Forum indicated an interest in buying a bridge. Maybe George Parker will appear in a Grimm episode? That would be more entertaining than those stupid wigs.
New Guy