Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-15-2017

Oh, okay.

I, on the other hand, don't see murder as beyond Adalind at all, whether to prove her love or prove anything else. I think she was all for Kelly's death and that's why she never said anything to Nick about what she knew. Too bad really, that would have cemented her as a character who really and truly wanted to be good instead of one who's good actions are now in question from my perspective.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 11:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: Oh, okay.

I, on the other hand, don't see murder as beyond Adalind at all, whether to prove her love or prove anything else. I think she was all for Kelly's death and that's why she never said anything to Nick about what she knew. Too bad really, that would have cemented her as a character who really and truly wanted to be good instead of one who's good actions are now in question from my perspective.

As you say, in your perspective which is your prerogative.

(10-15-2017, 10:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I wasn't shocked when Juliette threatened Adalind and her child since I knew how the episode was progressing. That scene where Kenneth bailed Juliette out spelled it out. That doesn't mean that these scripted characters weren't scripted to care.

It does in this instance because neither Nick or Adalind voiced relief that the unborn child wasn't harmed. Nick was relieved that Adalind wasn't harmed and Adalind was relieved that she wasn't harmed. Even though Juliette didn't touch Adalind, she still was under some tremendous stress as the result of the encounter. Yet neither Nick or Adalind voices any concern over the unborn baby. You'd think, as far along as Adalind is, that someone would naturally ask, "Should we go to the hospital and check you out"? So much for the concern for the unborn.

(10-15-2017, 10:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: The scoobies were defending themselves from Juliette. I would agree with you if she tried to walk out and they stopped her from leaving. That didn't happen. She shook the building and threw Rosalee across the room. I think the idea of them planning to kill her with no provocation has no reasonable basis.

I wanted to ask a question about this.

If the scoobies had complete control of the situation and Juliette refused to take the potion, would they have let her go?

RE: Nick - Robyn - 10-15-2017

Keeping with character continuity, Adalind wouldn’t care that Kelly might die. But Adalind was only worried about herself and the baby at that point. So Kelly’s impending death was basically out of site, out of mind. I doubt Adalind would have helped Juliette if the Hexenbiest hadn’t made her a direct threat.

Hoping to get Diana back, Adalind probably let things progress so that Kelly would come to Portland. Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with Adalind doing whatever was necessary to get her kidnapped child back and protect her unborn baby. Kelly’s not dead because Juliette, Adalind, or anyone else betrayed her. Kelly is dead because she stole the powerful baby with Royal blood then was stupid enough to waltz into a dark house with the child.

I don’t see why Adalind needed to help the people who stole her child to establish that she’s capable of being good. Prior to retrofitting the character into a ‘bad girl saved by the love of a good man’ scenario for S5, the show established that Adalind wanted to be a better person and a good mother in S3. Nick didn’t jumpstart Adalind’s progression toward being a good person. He and Kelly interrupted the progression that had already begun in Europe. If we’re looking at what should have been, Kelly completing her mission might have made a world of difference in all their lives.

Adalind and Diana might have remained safe and happy. Nick might not have lost his Grimm. Adalind & Nick might not have a child. Juliette might not be a Hexenbiest. And Kelly might not be dead. So maybe Juliette should have thought things through before saddling up with the Royals, and maybe Adalind should have disclosed everything she knew about Kenneth’s plan, and maybe, Nick and Kelly shouldn’t have stolen someone’s child then blamed it on someone else.

There are so many wrong choices there's hardly room for any right choices. *grin*

RE: Nick - silver - 10-15-2017

Hard to disagree with all (most) of that, Robyn. I appreciate you spelling a lot of things out, as you see them. I especially appreciate this: "Kelly is dead because she stole the powerful baby with Royal blood then was stupid enough to waltz into a dark house with the child." Boy, that's exactly what I felt - the writers were doofuses to think anyone with half a brain would think Kelly would do such a stupid thing.

RE: Nick - Robyn - 10-15-2017

Absolutely. I didn't have any qualms with Kelly's death, and actually said, 'ding dong the bitch is dead'. But. Regardless of my personal opinion of the character, Kelly was a skilled Grimm, and I hated that the writers so blatantly disrespected her.

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 10:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: Excuse her all you want, it's your opinion. I thought she was good too, until I read the script, which clearly points to what Adalind knew. Now, everything I read about how good Adalind is reverts back to, yes, but she had the opportunity to do something really important and really good and she didn't. So she betrayed Kelly right alongside Juliette. In spirit of course.

How can Adalind betray Kelly when Adalind never had Kelly's trust? Juliette is the one that had her trust and that's why Kelly rushed back to Portland. Kenneth knew that Juliette would be a much better option to get Kelly to come back to Portland than Adalind ever would be.

Ultimately, Juliette is the one that sent the email to get Kelly to come back to Portland. She's the one who told her I was safe to enter the house and she's the one who sat upstairs and did nothing while Kelly was ambushed.

(10-15-2017, 12:18 PM)Robyn Wrote: If we’re looking at what should have been, Kelly completing her mission might have made a world of difference in all their lives.

I thought there was some mishap in (South America? I can't recall where they were going) that prevented Kelly from accomplishing her mission. So the plane was redirected to Nick's. Why there I don't know, but I thought it was at Kelly's direction. Why she was following orders to begin with and then diverted course without checking with the person or persons unknown directing this mission is beyond me.

(10-15-2017, 12:18 PM)Robyn Wrote: I don’t see why Adalind needed to help the people who stole her child to establish that she’s capable of being good. Prior to retrofitting the character into a ‘bad girl saved by the love of a good man’ scenario for S5, the show established that Adalind wanted to be a better person and a good mother in S3.

Wanting to be a good person and proving oneself to be a good person are two different things. How else was Adalind going to be a good person other than helping the scoobies?

But aside from that, I don't get Adalind turning a blind eye to the danger Diana would be in. If she is all about her children now, it seems insensitive and cold to ignore all of that so she could present some ridiculous suppression potion for Juliette.

(10-15-2017, 12:18 PM)Robyn Wrote: Kelly’s not dead because Juliette, Adalind, or anyone else betrayed her. Kelly is dead because she stole the powerful baby with Royal blood then was stupid enough to waltz into a dark house with the child.

I couldn't agree more, but tell that to those who believe otherwise.

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 11:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: I wanted to ask a question about this.

If the scoobies had complete control of the situation and Juliette refused to take the potion, would they have let her go?

Good question. They did force both Ripper Renard and Zombie Nick to take a cure but those situations were quite different. Renard and Nick had zero control over their actions while Juliette did. I don't think they would've forced her to take the potion and they would let her go instead even though they really didn't want to do it.

(10-15-2017, 01:21 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: How can Adalind betray Kelly when Adalind never had Kelly's trust? Juliette is the one that had her trust and that's why Kelly rushed back to Portland. Kenneth knew that Juliette would be a much better option to get Kelly to come back to Portland than Adalind ever would be.

Who said she needed Kelly's trust? Nick knew how to reach Kelly and Adalind gained his trust very quickly just by showing up with his baby and then offering a suppression potion for Juliette.

Had Adalind broken the news about Kenneth to Nick immediately after Juliette came barging in, Nick could have contacted mother Kelly right in the precinct and warned her. So who's the worse betrayer, the woman who kept silent or the woman who sent the email?

As for the email, it was Nick's stupidity that allowed Juliette to send it in the first place.