Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-15-2017

I'm seriously baffled at seeing Juliette threatening a pregnant Adalind in a precinct as not a big deal. It isn't about Nick or Adalind at that point. It's about the innocent unborn child. It doesn't matter whose DNA created it. I know Juliette only threatened him because of his parents but that's beside the point. This debate took a turn I never expected it to take.

Anyone with family or friends would be angered with their loved ones being threatened. They'd much rather the threat not be carried through but they wouldn't take it lightly and I personally know people that wouldn't stand for it. The anger escalates depending on how much they think the threat can come to fruition even if it never does.

Back to entertainment, there are plenty of movie and shows built around the premise of family being threatened without them actually experiencing any harm.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 09:46 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm seriously baffled at seeing Juliette threatening a pregnant Adalind in a precinct as not a big deal. It isn't when about Nick or Adalind at that point. It's about the innocent unborn child. It doesn't matter whose DNA created it. I know Juliette only threatened him because of his parents but that's beside the point. This debate took a turn I never expected it to take.

Anyone with family or friends would be angered with their loved ones being threatened. They'd much rather the threat not be carried through but they wouldn't take it lightly and I personally know people that wouldn't stand for it. The anger escalates depending on how much they think the threat can come to fruition even if it never does.
To this point I never wanted Eve anywhere near Kelly because of that scene at the station. I love Adalind, at some point I was fine with whatever Juliette wanted to do to her but not the baby, never the unborn child who was innocent.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 09:46 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Anyone with family or friends would be angered with their loved ones being threatened. They'd much rather the threat not be carried through but they wouldn't take it lightly and I personally know people that wouldn't stand for it.

Of course they would. But Adalind was not and Nick was not. I keep reading that these are the main characters and they are going according to the script. Why should the viewer be oh so shocked over it when the main characters themselves are not?

(10-15-2017, 09:43 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Which is worse? I wonder. Would it be the woman who carried out the betrayal or the woman who knew about the betrayal, could have stopped it, but said nothing?

What's the relationship with the second woman who does nothing to stop the betrayal?

She's about to become live in partner to the man whose mother is about to be betrayed.

RE: Nick - dicappatore - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 09:46 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm seriously baffled at seeing Juliette threatening a pregnant Adalind in a precinct as not a big deal. It isn't when about Nick or Adalind at that point. It's about the innocent unborn child. It doesn't matter whose DNA created it. I know Juliette only threatened him because of his parents but that's beside the point. This debate took a turn I never expected it to take.

In the real world, if a woman done that in the same location to another woman. The threaten woman could have pressed charges with plenty of sworn members of LE to support her reasons. Juliette would have gone back on lock-up.

What's the point of watching a show if you can't connect with the characters on some level no matter how small? You are calling out viewers for being shocked over one scene at the police station and reacting to it but you yourself have expressed your feelings at Nick's character over almost everything he's ever done. For me, the scene at the station didn't shock me, it angered me. I had been uncharacteristically sympathising with her character after the change but Juliette made it impossible through her own actions, in this case, her disregard of an innocent child caught in the middle of war that had gone on between the parents. I can't pretend the baby isn't a person just because he's not born yet in order to absolve Juliette's rapid descent into unchecked violence.

(10-15-2017, 10:00 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: What's the point of watching a show if you can't connect with the characters on some level no matter how small? You are calling out viewers for being shocked over one scene at the police station and reacting to it but you yourself have expressed your feelings at Nick's character over almost everything he's ever done.

Yes, and I have been told off on the forum in no uncertain terms for doing so, right?

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 09:49 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:46 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Anyone with family or friends would be angered with their loved ones being threatened. They'd much rather the threat not be carried through but they wouldn't take it lightly and I personally know people that wouldn't stand for it.

Of course they would. But Adalind was not and Nick was not. I keep reading that these are the main characters and they are going according to the script. Why should the viewer be oh so shocked over it when the main characters themselves are not?

They were afraid of Juliette, especially Adalind. That's why they continued to hide Adalind even after there was no hope or "fixing" Juliette. It was to protect the child more so than Adalind herself. Adalind was just the vessel for the person they really wanted to protect. The unborn baby being protected was in the script.

I wasn't shocked when Juliette threatened Adalind and her child since I knew how the episode was progressing. That scene where Kenneth bailed Juliette out spelled it out. That doesn't mean that these scripted characters weren't scripted to care.

(10-15-2017, 09:49 AM)irukandji Wrote:

(10-15-2017, 09:43 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Which is worse? I wonder. Would it be the woman who carried out the betrayal or the woman who knew about the betrayal, could have stopped it, but said nothing?

What's the relationship with the second woman who does nothing to stop the betrayal?

She's about to become live in partner to the man whose mother is about to be betrayed.
When did Adalind know about juliette burning the trailer, setting Kelly up that got her decapitated and innocent neighbours murdered and not tell Nick?

(10-15-2017, 10:02 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 10:00 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: What's the point of watching a show if you can't connect with the characters on some level no matter how small? You are calling out viewers for being shocked over one scene at the police station and reacting to it but you yourself have expressed your feelings at Nick's character over almost everything he's ever done.

Yes, and I have been told off on the forum in no uncertain terms for doing so, right?

I don't know what you mean by this.

(10-15-2017, 10:04 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: When did Adalind know about juliette burning the trailer, setting Kelly up that got her decapitated and innocent neighbours murdered and not tell Nick?

Kenneth told her he was going to Juliette because she had information that could reveal the location of Diana. Adalind stated Kenneth would never get Juliette to betray Nick. Kenneth said he was going to tell Juliette that Adalind was carrying Nick's child. Adalind acted all indignant and stated he wouldn't, but then he told her goodbye and did exactly as he said. Adalind immediately went straight to Nick, not to tell him what Kenneth was up to, but to inform him he was the father of her baby and then offer the suppression potion in an effort to supposedly help Juliette. All that did was buy time for Kenneth and Juliette to carry out the betrayal. Adalind knew but never told Nick what she knew.

(10-15-2017, 09:43 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't know what you mean by this.

Read some of the posts where I called Nick a corrupt cop. Some posters had the audacity to question why I was on the forum in the first place.

(10-15-2017, 10:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: Kenneth told her he was going to Juliette because she had information that could reveal the location of Diana. Adalind stated Kenneth would never get Juliette to betray Nick. Kenneth said he was going to tell Juliette that Adalind was carrying Nick's child. Adalind acted all indignant and stated he wouldn't, but then he told her goodbye and did exactly as he said. Adalind immediately went straight to Nick, not to tell him what Kenneth was up to, but to inform him he was the father of her baby and then offer the suppression potion in an effort to supposedly help Juliette. All that did was buy time for Kenneth and Juliette to carry out the betrayal. Adalind knew but never told Nick what she knew.
Okay, where in that description does it say Adalind knew what Juliette did, sending the email, Kelly returning to Portland and getting killed? You said it yourself, as scripted, Adalind didn't believe Juliette would ever betray Nick probably because she thought Juliette wouldn't hurt the man she loved. Obviously Adalind was wrong.