Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 08:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: At that stage in the series, the unborn baby is a prop just like everything else. Juliette was threatening Adalind and Adalind reacted like Juliette was threatening her.
Prop or no prop, to me that was child who'd done nothing to her.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-15-2017

I could buy that....if Adalind herself bought into the pregnancy. But even she didn't look upon it as a child, just a problem she had to deal with. It appears to me Adalind doesn't consider a child a person until it comes into the world.

She told Nick she was having the baby with/without him and only one in person stood in her way, Juliette. that's why he stood between them at the station. Adalind had long made the choice to have the baby. She didn't wait until he was born to love him.

I never said Adalind wasn't going to have the baby. If she was that close to term, it's a given she's decided to deliver it. But that doesn't all of the sudden make it a person in the police precinct.

(10-15-2017, 08:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: I never said Adalind wasn't going to have the baby. If she was that close to term, it's a given she's decided to deliver it. But that doesn't all of the sudden make it a person in the police precinct.
You don't see the unborn baby as a person, I do, just as Nick and Adalind did. I'd even wager and say so did Juliette, hence her comment about no child of Adalind's was innocent.

RE: Nick - Robyn - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 08:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: What I am saying is she didn't do it. She walked toward Adalind and threatened her but she never followed through. Nick got in front of Adalind and Juliette stopped. The outrage I've been reading is over how Juliette could even fathom threatening a pregnant woman in the first place. It had nothing to do with Juliette's former good guy image.

It doesn’t matter that she didn’t follow through. All that matters is that she went against Nick. Nick made two decisions - fix Juliette and help Adalind & the baby. Nick’s friends were immediately on board, just as they were with the kidnapping. That Juliette wasn’t is equal to her betraying Nick.

Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest was never about her, it was about Nick’s anguish. Once the Hexenbiest Juliette turns against Nick story ran it’s course, Juliette immediately died and became an artificial persona completely disconnected from her previous life until whammied with Nick’s stick. If it was actually about Juliette, she would have either gained control of the Hexenbiest and reconciled with her fate or she would have continued her destructive path in Portland or somewhere else.

It’s not really any different than Adalind’s storyline that was actually about Nick. It’s irrelevant that Adalind realized what it meant to love someone more than herself after giving birth to Diana. It’s irrelevant that she’d already stepped onto the path of being a better person and good mother before being taken to Portland against her will. Adalind transitioned from bad guy to good guy because she was loyal to Nick. Period.

(10-15-2017, 09:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: I never said Adalind wasn't going to have the baby. If she was that close to term, it's a given she's decided to deliver it. But that doesn't all of the sudden make it a person in the police precinct.
You don't see the unborn baby as a person, I do, just as Nick and Adalind did. I'd even wager and say so did Juliette, hence her comment about no child of Adalind's was innocent.

Right. I don't see the pregnancy as an unborn child because Adalind herself didn't. And I don't see a threat without follow through as a horrible, terrible, OMG look at what Juliette did! kind of thing the way you do. She threatened Adalind, but she didn't push her down on the ground or punch her in the stomach, or blow the baby out of Adalind via telekinesis. She stopped and walked out. Even after that, was Adalind oh-so-relieved because Juliette left her baby alone? No, she was relieved because Juliette left *her* alone. The baby bump was a prop until after she had the child, in my opinion.

I don't think not being on board with being fixed is betraying Nick, that was burning the trailer and setting up his mother that saw up to half a dozen or so of her neighbours killed as collateral. Choosing for herself a different path than Nick's isn't betrayal, at least not for to me. It's what she actually did do that was a betrayal. The acts themselves, not how I feel about them.

(10-15-2017, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Right. I don't see the pregnancy as an unborn child because Adalind herself didn't. And I don't see a threat without follow through as a horrible, terrible, OMG look at what Juliette did! kind of thing the way you do. She threatened Adalind, but she didn't push her down on the ground or punch her in the stomach, or blow the baby out of Adalind via telekinesis. She stopped and walked out. Even after that, was Adalind oh-so-relieved because Juliette left her baby alone? No, she was relieved because Juliette left *her* alone. The baby bump was a prop until after she had the child, in my opinion.
Noted.

Which is worse? I wonder. Would it be the woman who carried out the betrayal or the woman who knew about the betrayal, could have stopped it, but said nothing?

(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Which is worse? I wonder. Would it be the woman who carried out the betrayal or the woman who knew about the betrayal, could have stopped it, but said nothing?

What's the relationship with the second woman who does nothing to stop the betrayal?