Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 12:49 AM)wesen Wrote: Yeah, I was referring to that. I posted the dialogue coz I wanted to show that it was actually the other way around, that Juliette was jealous of Nick because as she said he was the special one for so long. And she's telling Nick that now she has special abilities too, she wasn't about to give it up just for him.

Oh, I think Juliette was jealous of Nick too. That's obvious, and she is right. He is the special one with his wesen friends and his live in human girlfriend. But she got under Nick's skin big time when she became a hexenbiest. That frustrated him down to the core. I still see a jealousy because she liked being a hexenbiest. I don't mean he had a jealousy of her powers but a jealousy of her. I think he felt she should have been completely and totally happy as a human and depressed and sad as a hexenbiest. That did happen at first, and he could feel confident in reassuring her because she needed him. But as she progressed and began to like the hexenbiest, what need was there for him? The answer is there was no need. He had been relegated to the land of the unnecessary.

He planned the spice shop incident. I am totally convinced that if he had had the power, he would have killed Juliette. In his eyes it was either be human (so he could feel good about himself that he orchestrated yet another cure) or kill her (because he convinced himself that there was no other way that she could be saved).

RE: Nick - brandon - 10-14-2017

Nick never felt envy for Juliette.
He always saw Juliette as a human so that's why it would cost him to accept her like this, worse he had no bad feelings.
she's the one who thinks Nick would hurt her.

RE: Nick - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:13 AM)brandon Wrote: Nick never felt envy for Juliette.
He always saw Juliette as a human so that's why it would cost him to accept her like this, worse he had no bad feelings.
she's the one who thinks Nick would hurt her.

brandon, I just reviewed that spice shop scene with my "Brand New Set" of all "Six Seasons" of "Grimm". That is what I saw too. But, then, I wasn't using any drugs either, while watching.

Here is a bunch of other facts. Nick never made any attempts to kill Catherine, Henrietta and Elisabeth, all Hexenbiest. He could have killed Adalind but he chose to just take her Hex away, even after what she did to Hank, the first time.

In addition, he was, in part, responsible for saving Adalind’s sweet ass when the Queen Bee was after her, which Juliette was well aware of it. Yet, we are to believe that Juliette’s had a legitimist reason to believe that Nick would kill, the love of his life. The woman he tried to propose to.

(10-14-2017, 12:49 AM)wesen Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 08:32 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Hey wes, did I miss the boat on this jealousy subject? Are we talking about Nick being jealous of Juliette for becoming a Hex? Or are we talking about Juliette being jealous of Nick? I was replying to the idea that Nick was jealous of Juliette. Was this what you were replying to?

Yeah, I was referring to that. I posted the dialogue coz I wanted to show that it was actually the other way around, that Juliette was jealous of Nick because as she said he was the special one for so long. And she's telling Nick that now she has special abilities too, she wasn't about to give it up just for him.

(10-13-2017, 08:40 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick was never jealous of Juliette's powers. He only wanted old Juliette back, not the crazy, unhinged, vengeful, murderous Hexenette. In the scene where she reveals herself to him, her dialogue makes it seem she had been envious of him and now she had powers and felt she was now just as special as she thinks Nick felt about himself being a grimm. She is the one that doesn't want to go back to normal and boring because all this power was getting to her head.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I should have clarified when I posted the dialogue. Thanks rpmaluki!

Check this out. This is part of the speech Juliette dumped on Nick while she was sitting in her jail cell.

Juliette: Aren't you scared of what you might do to me?
Nick: I could never hurt you, Juliette.
Juliette: I wish I could say the same. But I just don't know anymore, because deep down, I do blame you for what's happened to me, and part of me loves you for it, because I have never felt like this before. It's ironic, isn't it? You've been the special one for so long. You're connected to a world that most people will never know or understand. And now I know and I understand, and I don't want to give it up, just like you didn't want to give it up. And know I know why. Once you're in it and you've seen it and tasted it and lived it, you can't go back. Everyone else just seems blind. I like this power, Nick, and I know you do too.
Nick: Stop it! I can't.
Juliette: You really think that you can just take off your clothes and crawl into bed with me again? And close your eyes?

Talk about a woman set out on getting even (satisfying her jealousy) for being just a plain Kehrseite in the Scobie gang, now elevated to "wonder woman" status. And starting to feel proud of it. Refusing holding back and rubbing it in to Nick and eventually to the rest of the gang.

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-14-2017

(10-13-2017, 10:50 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 08:40 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick was never jealous of Juliette's powers. He only wanted old Juliette back, not the crazy, unhinged, vengeful, murderous Hexenette. In the scene where she reveals herself to him, her dialogue makes it seem she had been envious of him and now she had powers and felt she was now just as special as she thinks Nick felt about himself being a grimm. She is the one that doesn't want to go back to normal and boring because all this power was getting to her head.

I agree. When she shows up at the spice shop, and the gang offers her the suppressing potion. One can easily see how content she is not just up to par but more powerful than any of them. That scene tells me that she was jealous of Nick and the rest of the Wesen gang members prior to her becoming a Hex. And was glad to show off her new found powers.

I know some posters claimed that she was defending herself first, in response to Rosalee attacking her. That’s another lying fact that never happened. Rosalee NEVER attacked her, she went to catch the potion before it hit the ground. Juliette was proud to prove her powers by being violent first, by throwing Rosalee across the room and then back hand slapping Monroe as he voged into a Blutbad.

That’s when, Hank, then Nick, pulled out their guns. They were reacting to her violence. It wasn’t over some delusional, made up concept in someone’ screwed up mind that they or Nick was jealous of her and trying to force her to drink a potion, that now, was all over the spice shop's floor.. They pulled out their guns in response for her attacking them. You just have to ask WTF? Were they watching?

I've debated this with other posters before but I think the first act of aggression was Juliette shaking the Spice Shop. Her actions were escalating and she had just burned down the trailer in the prior episode. I don't see how anyone could not feel threatened in that situation. Yet, they still didn't attack her until she threw Rosalee across the room which everyone knows will provoke a response from Monroe.

I don't blame the gang for trying to give Juliette the potion nor do I blame her for not taking it. I had a problem with what she did afterwards when she attacked them.

I shouldn't even have to mention that jealousy played no part in it. The gang decided to make the potion first out of pity and guilt because they felt sorry for her and felt responsible for what happened to her and then fear came into the picture. Juliette was becoming more and more unhinged. She had recently been arrested, threatened a pregnant woman in the middle of the police station for everyone to see or hear, and burned down the trailer. Jealousy doesn't come to mind when they're more afraid of her and what she might do next.

Besides, they all worked with Eve and were never shown to have any jealousy.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

Jealousy is such a negative emotion and left unchecked can be destructive on the long run. I don't for a second believe Nick was jealous of Hexenette. He thought he was helping her, or rather he was trying to help her but she was past the point of no return, escalating her destructive actions and working against him at the same time.

The suppression was supposed to help her but knowing Adalind was behind it, who could blame her for not taking it and destroying it? I understood that. But as HR said, my problem with Juliette was her destructive nature when she lost confidence in Nick or his love for her. In the four years I have known and disregarded Juliette's character, I only ever felt sorry for her and to some extent was rooting for her to come right after she discovered she was a Hexenbeist, right up to point of confessing to Nick. That couldn't have been easy. She had a fear of rejection, a fear of hurting those closest to her, self hatred and who knows what else. Unfortunately after burning the trailer and basically declaring war on Nick and the scoobies, all that unexpected sympathy garnered immediately after her transformation dissipated quickly because of her actions, more so after what happened to Kelly.

Juliette wasn't acting herself and on top of that her new condition/state was permanent according to Henrietta. That was not someone to live with who had little to no regard of the lives of people. The kind and caring Juliette was gone, eclipsed by a powerful Hexenbiest feeding off her anger, pain and resentment until HW and later the magic stick brought her back to some semblance of her old self but with the hexenbiest in tact.

Nick did not choose to take away the powers to Adalind. He must have done it to save Hank.
Choose "justice" over the "vengeance"-1×03-, to protect Adalind of the queen bee.
A very different situation what Ken.
Juliette had no valid reason to believe that Nick would hurt, that was only in his mind.
I think Rosalee-season 4 ×18- whished Juliette would talk about what she felt, instead of closing them all. That's what got her caught.
Would believe they- Rosalee, Monroe, Hank- had perfect lives?
I do not see Rosalee had a perfect live before.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 11:29 AM)brandon Wrote: Nick did not choose to take away the powers to Adalind. He must have done it to save Hank.
Choose "justice" over the "vengeance"-1×03-, to protect Adalind of the queen bee.
A very different situation what Ken.
Juliette had no valid reason to believe that Nick would hurt, that was only in his mind.
I think Rosalee-season 4 ×18- whished Juliette would talk about what she felt, instead of closing them all. That's what got her caught.
Would believe they- Rosalee, Monroe, Hank- had perfect lives?
I do not see Rosalee had a perfect live before.
I agree on all points. For the most part, we saw these characters deal as best as they could every hand they were dealt except for a few things.

I feel Nick shouldn't have lied to Juliette about his Grimm.
They should have told Adalind the truth about Kelly taking Diana and have her join them wherever she was holed up to avoid the mess that followed when Adalind went to Viktor looking for her daughter.
There was no honour in what he did to Kenneth.
Juliette should have walked away when she realised things between her and Nick were not working out anymore instead of speaking seeking vengeance against what she perceived as Nick and the scoobies purposefully destroying her life.

They did not destroy his life.
Nothing prevented him from going to his job and see their friends.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-14-2017

Hmm.....let's see....Hank and Nick, Monroe and Rosalee.....all of them together at the spice shop to give Juliette a little jar of potion.

If that's not an act of aggression, I don't know what is.

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 12:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: Hmm.....let's see....Hank and Nick, Monroe and Rosalee.....all of them together at the spice shop to give Juliette a little jar of potion.

If that's not an act of aggression, I don't know what is.

That is in no way an act of aggression. Did you see Juliette feeling like she was threatened in that scene? They didn't force her to take it nor did they block the exit. They didn't have the suppression loaded in darts to shoot into her. They weren't even trying to intimidate her into taking it. It's not like they could but the sentiment still stands.