Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - syscrash - 07-13-2016

We know inter species mixing is common. The hooker are wesen. From the conversation with the ripper wesen customers are common. The case where the laywer eat the toads was a mixed marriage. The electric guy his wife was with the other wesen's husband. No one assumes when a couple is involved that both are the same wesen. or that both are wesen at all. Take the minister that was suppose to be casting out demons with his woge. His wife had no idea he was wesen. The point I am making is wesenrein attack is an exception. I would think it had more to do with knowing Nick. Except they also had another wesen that they killed. Nick not being a Grimm was not a problem for Monroe and Rosalee. The attacks started along with Nick getting his powers back.
There is another thing to consider. Nick is the one that stopped Monroe from settling it him self. There is not reason he could have not taken out the grandmaster without Nick. He and Rosalee took him out in the end anyway. If Nick had of let Monroe go all Blotbad he would have never been captured.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 07-14-2016

(07-13-2016, 10:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: We know inter species mixing is common. The hooker are wesen. From the conversation with the ripper wesen customers are common. The case where the laywer eat the toads was a mixed marriage. The electric guy his wife was with the other wesen's husband. No one assumes when a couple is involved that both are the same wesen. or that both are wesen at all. Take the minister that was suppose to be casting out demons with his woge. His wife had no idea he was wesen. The point I am making is wesenrein attack is an exception. I would think it had more to do with knowing Nick. Except they also had another wesen that they killed. Nick not being a Grimm was not a problem for Monroe and Rosalee. The attacks started along with Nick getting his powers back.
There is another thing to consider. Nick is the one that stopped Monroe from settling it him self. There is not reason he could have not taken out the grandmaster without Nick. He and Rosalee took him out in the end anyway. If Nick had of let Monroe go all Blotbad he would have never been captured.

It wouldn't make sense if inter species wesen marriages wouldn't common. It doesn't even make sense that wesen/human marriages wouldn't be common.

It didn't appear Monroe and Rosalee were even thinking that Nick needed to be a Grimm. I don't even think they were really looking for his help against the wesenrein. Yet, later in the jail when Juliette said Nick wouldn't give up being a Grimm for her when he had the chance, Rosalee said she couldn't blame Nick for that. Rosalee said they (meaning Monroe and Rosalee) needed Nick back because of the threats against them.

I really didn't like Rosalee's attitude toward Juliette when she was in jail.

RE: Nick - New Guy - 07-14-2016

(07-13-2016, 12:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 11:04 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: And when he found out how to become a Grimm again he kept saying no I can't let Juliette do that. The only reason he finally gave in, was because Juliette said you have to to help Monroe and Rosalee. Not saying he didn't want to become a Grimm again just saying never forced her.

I remember him voicing concern once, but I don't recall him continually saying that he couldn't let Juliette take the risk.
Kwu and Irukandji,
Adalind smoked the hat and stole Nick’s Grimm abilities in 3.21. Nick regained his Grimm in 4.06. Transcripts of all these episodes may be examined at:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episode_Transcripts
Note that in nearly every episode Nick is considering the consequences of being a Grimm.
Quote:3.21 Blond Ambition --

Trubel: If you could choose to be a Grimm or not, what would you do?
Nick: Well, it hasn't made my life any easier. Or Juliette's. Or yours.
Trubel: [She chuckles] Better being a Grimm than being crazy.
. . .
Juliette: What do you mean, he couldn't see you?
Monroe: You're not a Grimm anymore.
Hank: What?
Juliette: Oh, my God.
. . .
4.01 Thanks for the Memories --

Juliette: Can you talk to me?
Nick: I don't know. It happened so fast. Oh, wow. This is, um... really screwed up. And you know I would never have done that—
Juliette: You really couldn't tell that Adalind wasn't me?
Nick: No. No, she looked and sounded exactly like you.
Juliette: I guess she wasn't interested in talking.
Nick: Look, I'll sleep on the couch.
Juliette: [She grabs Nick's hand] Hey. We're not doing that again.
. . .
Nick: No, let me do this.
Juliette: Not alone.
[They both scrub the floor]
Nick: I don't know. Maybe this is a good thing.
Juliette: What do you mean?
Nick: For us. My not being a Grimm anymore.
. . .
Juliette: Not much. You gonna be okay?
Nick: I don't know. It's weird, you know, not being weird anymore, just being a regular cop.
. . .
4.02 Octopus Head –-

Juliette: I just think maybe we shouldn't be in such a hurry to fix this.
Monroe: You don't want us to help Nick?
Juliette: No, no, no, it's not that I don't want you to help Nick, but being a Grimm hasn't exactly been the greatest thing for him or me. And Nick isn't so sure he wants this anymore. So what I'm trying to say is, maybe we should just give it a little time to see if not being a Grimm is better than being one. Yeah, there's a chance for us to have a normal life together.
. . .
4.03 The last Fight

Nick: Yeah, it's got to be connected. I just wish things were back to—
Juliette: What? Normal?
Nick: I don't even know what that is anymore. Being a Grimm? Not being a Grimm? Not being a Grimm and knowing? Look, I'm sorry. I'm just tired. [He stands up and kisses her forehead]
. . .
Elizabeth: There's a key ingredient missing, and you're not gonna like what it is.
Nick: What is it?
Elizabeth: [Looking at Juliette] Her.
Juliette: What?
. . .
4.05 Cry Luison

Elizabeth: The potion will transform you into...
Nick: Oh, God, no.
Trubel: You don't mean...
Juliette: Adalind.
. . .
Elizabeth: To break Adalind's spell, we need to reverse it exactly. Every step she took also needs to be reversed.
Nick: No way. We're not putting Juliette through that.
. . .
Elizabeth: The complex nature of Adalind's spell may have unintended effects on Nick. They could only grow worse. Might be just as dangerous to do nothing.
Nick: That's my problem, not hers.
. . .
Nick: Well, forget it. No more potions.
Juliette: Nick, if you want to be a Grimm again, this is the only way.
. . .
Juliette: A normal life sounds really good. Can we really go back to that?
Nick: Maybe this is our chance to find out.
Juliette: Okay.
. . .
Nick: [He hears Juliette laughing] Haven't heard a lot of that lately.
Monroe: [He pours wine] Yeah, well, the spell of a Hexenbiest does tend to put a damper on the good times.
Nick: So does being a Grimm.
. . .
Juliette: I'm ready.
Nick: Ready for what?
Juliette: You need to be a Grimm again.
. . .
4.06 Highway of Tears

Nick: I'm only gonna ask you this once. Do you mean what you just said about me being a Grimm?
Juliette: Is that what you want?
Nick: Yes.
Juliette: Then it's what I want too.
. . .
[Nick and Juliette look at each other]
Nick: Well, it's going to be.
Rosalee: What does that mean?
Juliette: Nick is gonna sleep with Adalind.
Monroe: What? Really?
Rosalee: You're gonna take the potion?
Monroe: Are you sure you're up to this?
Nick: We're sure.
Juliette: And ready. And the sooner, the better.
. . .
Monroe: When they're done, Nick will be a Grimm again?
Elizabeth: If it works, it'll work in its own time.
Nick: If it works?
Elizabeth: There are a lot of unknowns. The same if you do nothing.
Juliette: Let's just get this over with. [She inhales from the top of the hat three times]
. . .
Note that the first scene is Trubel and Nick discussing being a Grimm even before Adalind's "trick."
New Guy

RE: Nick - brandon - 07-14-2016

Aunt Marie when I talk to Nick, mention that he had reached the family curse.Naturally the parents want for their children the same.sure it nevertheless likes to be a "GRIMM.
laws "Wesenrein" are against marriages of different species.They did not seem to be against common human.the pair of electric toad, I think it was just a human.if it had been like, why not defended downloads electric?.They do not have the wildcat cottage-season 1-it was only prisoner.Alice's husband -that was his name?-It was a maton.the kind of people who like to dominate others

RE: Nick - syscrash - 07-14-2016

Another mix marriage was Juliette friend Alicia who is a Fuchsbau and her husband Joe who is a Klaustreich. Nick had even considered moving so he and Juliette could have a normal life. Rolex and Aunt Mari show Grimm and family do not mix. Nick getting his powers back had more to do with knowing about wesen. Even Hank made the same comment. it is one thing to not know. It is another to know and not be able to do anything about it. That would be Nick problem. Even if they moved, strange events would frustrate him because he would know why just not know what. Nick would be int he same position that Juliette was in. Another reason why I would think Juliette being able to deal with wesen would have given him a feeling of relief that she could protect herself. especially when she gave him a list of the times being a hexenbiest saved her life.
Nick not being a Grimm would not have let them have a happy life. Just like Nick saw being a Grimm as the cause of his and Juliette problems. Even without his abilities in his mind he will always be a Grimm. The same thing he said about Trubel. When Juliette asked about Trubel doing something else. Nick responded she will still be a Grimm.
The reason Monroe and Rosalee where put in that position was Nick was no longer a Grimm but would not let Monroe handle it as a wesen. During the episode where the bauerswan where poisoning the blutbad. We saw Monroe can call on an army of blutbad when needed.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-11-2017

(02-12-2016, 01:33 AM)syscrash Wrote: What I don't get was Nick's inability to except Juliette as a hexenbiest. This insistence that we can fix you made no since.

Nick viewed Juliette's hexenbiest as something that needed to be fixed. It's an interesting contrast to Renard who referred Juliette to Henrietta as someone who might be able to help.

It makes me wonder if Nick was jealous of Juliette and that's why he was so keen on fixing her, even after she'd gotten used to being a hexenbiest.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-11-2017

Juliette was born human, who became a wesen through freak consequence of a spell that has its root in Nick and Adalind battling one another from the moment he became a Grimm. He wanted to undo a situation he felt he was the root cause. She became a Hexenbeist because she did the spell to make him a grimm again. There's nothing natural about Juliette's situation that would have kept Nick passive. Juliette wasn't wholly thrilled about being a hexenbiest. She may have accepted her new self after being told it was permanent but for the most part, she was unhappy about it until she decided to destroy Nick in response to Adalind coming back and gave in to the negative hexenbiest influence.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 10-12-2017

Juliette was unhappy when she found out she was a hexenbiest. Part of that was due to it being a side effect but I also think a good deal was due to Nick himself. She was clearly afraid Nick would kill her once he found out. Regardless of how viewers look at the relationship, they were still together at that time. He's upset about what's happened to her and as she sees his affect, it upsets her even more.

Juliette's been accused of embracing her hexenbiest, and the posts often act like it's this horrible, terrible thing. I don't think it is. What is forgotten is that Nick also went through the same thing. He embraced his grimm during this time as well. I think he tried to be understanding of Juliette's plight, but his grimm is only going to let him go so far with her. It was only a matter of time before he woud have turned against her. She just speeded things up by betraying his mother.

As a grimm, I don't think he liked her having power. As her significant other, I think he was jealous of it and her.

RE: Nick - rpmaluki - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 04:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: It was only a matter of time before he turned against her.

As a grimm, I don't think he liked her having power. As her significant other, I think he was jealous of it and her.
Pure speculation. He had plenty of reason to turn against Adaling who had been a hexenbiest her whole life and had an antagonistic relationship with her for years yet he didn't turn against her. Nick thought Juliette wanted to be herself again, he wanted her to be her human self again, even Wu assumed she wanted to be her human self again in the last episode, it wasn't about jealousy over powers. He had what was essentially the most powerful artifact this side of reality and still he wanted to give it away for a chance to have his loved ones back but hey whatever floats your boat....

RE: Nick - Hell Rell - 10-12-2017

Nick had a mixture of fear, guilt, and pity regarding Juliette's Hexenbiest. She had enormous power and was unpredictable so that's where the fear comes in. Juliettte became a Hexenbiest because of him being a Grimm and her relationship with him and it appeared to ruin her life so that's where the guilt comes in. In addition, he didn't have a high opinion of Hexenbiests at the time, they look like a corpse in their woged state, so that's where the pity comes in.

I don't think jealousy had anything to do with it. Nick never envied Juliette or wished he could do what she did. He never wished he could do anything that any wesen did. Not even Diana made him feel a sense of inferiority.