Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - jsgrimm45 - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 07:47 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 11:04 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: I am fairly new to this forum-only second post ever- but I feel like I have something to say so here goes. Sometimes when I'm reading the posts of other people here I feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else.
First I have to defend Nick I watched and rewatched season 4 and I have to say I just don't see where Nick did anything wrong, sorry IMO only. Nick never turned away from Juliette when she became a Hexenbiest, as a matter of fact he tried to help her, granted it took him a few minutes but be was there. Juliette made it pretty darn hard for him, at one point he even told the scooby gang that he was out there ever night driving around trying to find her.He never willingly and knowingly had sex with someone other than Juliette. And when he found out how to become a Grimm again he kept saying no I can't let Juliette do that. The only reason he finally gave in, was because Juliette said you have to to help Monroe and Rosalee. Not saying he didn't want to become a Grimm again just saying never forced her.
Speaking of Juliette, isn't she the one who willingly, actually initiated sex with both
Renard and Kenneth. So she is definitely not guiltless in all this.
I know people will have things to say about this but please have some pity on the newby that I am. Thanks for listening sorry such a long post.

Hey kwu, welcome to the Forum, and I agree with you. It took Nick a minute, but he tried to put the relationship with Juliette right. She just threw everything he said and did back into his face. What a batch!Confused
You have hit the point of the forum debates the ones who see the series as fantasy others seeing it as police story with wesen. Because both sides have points views the differ the debate become interesting. The fun is the debate. Now that we are in the off season everything we post is guesswork only so everyone's guess is as good as the other.

RE: Nick - brandon - 07-12-2016

I agree.although there are certain things that you did not have to do with his moral.He could have done tracking cell,his intention was to give time to understand and the same also.
the first opportunity she pulls everything to the trash.a relationship of several years ended well.often happens.it would be interesting to know who was his first girlfriend and that he defined as "stupidity"

RE: Nick - syscrash - 07-12-2016

When Juliette first told Nick other then his saying he is sorry. He had a single focus of we have to get ride of it. An admiral position if it was not a permanent condition. When she woged he could not even look at her. Would he have reacted the same way if she was a burn victim. By then time Juliette came to Nick she had researched the situation and had many of the answers. Nick refused to accept any of the information she found. He took the position she did not know what she was talking about. Even when Nick went to Henrietta he did not even believe her. If Nick is in denial of the reality how could he possibly help. That was proven the last visit to the spice shop. Juliette has a permanent condition. Yet Nick being in denial was still pushing a cure to get rid of it. A cure that was not a cure. a cure that Adalind told them was not a cure. A cure that we now see was not a cure. Help would have been what they did for Wu. Accept and help them deal with the condition. I did not see them trying to force
Wu to get rid of his condition.
The first time Juliette went to the shop for help. She was in desperate need of understanding. What did Nick do he called her out in the middle of the shop. IN steed of help her feel better . He went out of his way to make her feel even worse. I find it interesting that people find it Juliette's fault that she was not calm and rational working through the acceptance of her condition. Once shee does accept it people then fault her for embracing and starting to like being a hexenbiest.
Form the post people seem to have expected Juliette to fall apart, and despise what she was, never stop trying to not be a hexenbiest. She should have been willing to try anything the group asked. Nick even said we don't like what you are. As if she could change that.

I could understand if Nick could not accept being with a hexenbiest. There is the implied notion that Grimm and hexenbiest do not get along. But then he moves Adalind into the fome and starts and intimate relation with her. Which make his rejection of Juliette condition make even less sense.

RE: Nick - Kwu9888 - 07-12-2016

About Nick moving them to a safe place and having a relationship with Adalind JULIETTE WAS DEAD

Quote:About Nick moving them to a safe place and having a relationship with Adalind JULIETTE WAS DEAD

My point was if Juliette being a hexenbiest was a turnoff then why wasn't Adalind a turn off. Using the suppressant to give Nick denial of sleeping with a hexenbiest makes Nick seem even more of a hypocrite. Then the show has Adalind get powers come back, Adalind leaves so Nick is still not sleeping with a hexenbiest. It makes sense that they are setting up for Nicks first time to knowingly sleep with a hexenbiest it will be Juliette. Showing he has accepted his role as a Grimm and her role as a hexenbiest. AS of yet Nick still has not accepted he is as much a part of the wesen world and Monroe , Rosalee, Adalind and Eve.

RE: Nick - Kwu9888 - 07-12-2016

As I said before I really think I am watching a different show than you are because I have no idea what you are talking about. That's OK though makes life interesting after all it is not real life only a show I guess we all see what we want to see on it

RE: Nick - brandon - 07-12-2016

also it could have passed that Nick had told to Adalind retaking the suppressive potion.
remember that there is a "dead Hexenbies"and he did.
Juliette did not put anything about her in the matter

So you are suggesting they should have continuously used dead hexenbiest to recreate the suppression. Their is a problem with the idea of suppressing what you are. That is the kind of thinking that causes people to always ware heels because they feel they are short. Why all the comments supporting Juliette rejecting being a hexenbiest. I thought it was ridiculous that Nick could be in such denial. Then I read these post and find this type of on realistic thinking is common. I use to believe that people stuck to their beliefs because they did not know any difference. But know I find for a lot of people belief overrides fact. This is shown in people still advocating a placing blame for Juliette not letting the group make her no longer a hexenbiest. They condemn Juliette because she embraced instead of rejecting her condition. How many post state. Juliette is bad because she enjoyed being a hexenbiest.

RE: Nick - brandon - 07-13-2016

I said that Nick does not mention about it to Adalind.sure I would think that is not a correct choice.if Juliette liked being what it was, that betrays?she had feelings of anger hatred towards the group and especially Nick.puffed up by the power that had...

RE: Nick - irukandji - 07-13-2016

(07-11-2016, 11:04 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: Nick never turned away from Juliette when she became a Hexenbiest, as a matter of fact he tried to help her, granted it took him a few minutes but be was there.

Well, he actually did turn away from her. When she dared him to kiss her, he showed how much he was disgusted by her face, it wouldn't have been hard for Juliette to get the point that Nick no longer wanted her.

(07-11-2016, 11:04 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: Juliette made it pretty darn hard for him, at one point he even told the scooby gang that he was out there ever night driving around trying to find her.He never willingly and knowingly had sex with someone other than Juliette.

I agree she didn't make it easy on him, but then he didn't really make it easy on her either. I think part of the reason Juliette made it hard on Nick stems back to the fact that she was scared to death Nick was going to kill her once he found out she was a hexenbiest. I believe that, despite her demeanor when daring Nick to kiss her, she was still scared he was going to kill her.

I thought I had read somewhere that once she became a hexenbiest, Nick no longer slept with her.

(07-11-2016, 11:04 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: And when he found out how to become a Grimm again he kept saying no I can't let Juliette do that. The only reason he finally gave in, was because Juliette said you have to to help Monroe and Rosalee. Not saying he didn't want to become a Grimm again just saying never forced her.

I remember him voicing concern once, but I don't recall him continually saying that he couldn't let Juliette take the risk.

There is no doubt in my mind that the creative team behind Grimm wrote the story deliberately to show that Juliette was caught between a rock and a hard place here. If she refused to help Nick, she would have been branded the eternal selfish bitch who thought only of herself.

As she turned into a hexenbiest, she's branded the eternal selfish bitch who participated in Kelly's betrayal and burned Nick's trailer.

Either way, she had no way out of the dilemma she was forced into.

I don't excuse Nick in any of this, just because Juliette told him he had to be a Grimm again. In my mind, he was playing her by default. He'd already confessed to Hank that he really wanted to be a Grimm again, which meant he was eagerly willing to give up the normal life. All Juliette did was tell him what he really wanted to hear.