Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - syscrash - 04-25-2016

Quote:Adalind did not have her own transport. Renard was the one who dropped her off. He didn't tell her that Juliette was a hexenbiest. Renard observed her and probably gave her his skeleton key.
After the fight Adalind was in her car pounding on the steering wheel. There was no one else in the car. Second Adalind and Sean had not talked until after the fight. After the fight she had failed her mission and she know she was in trouble. Viktor has shown you fail you die. He has the bodies to prove it.
Renard does not have a skeleton key. Adalind got the key from her mothers things. Actually the key is a string of bones that would morph into a key to open a lock. We saw Adalind stick it in her pocket as she entered the house.

Nick and Monroe became partners because Monroe was curious about Nick. Like he said he had never seen a Grimm before. If monroe had been like every other wesen Nick has meet they would not have been friends.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 04:08 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: He had also told Monroe that moving away from Portland and starting a new life was appealing, and that he felt Juliette had been endangered too much already. I suspect that had Juliette not decided they should do it, he would never have told her how he really felt about losing his grimm.

Of course, that would have killed the entire series midway through the fourth season, so we all knew that wasn't going to happen...
That would have promoted Trubel to lead Grimm. It would have changed the show's direction, that's for sure.

@irukandji Yes, I think that would have happened.

RE: Nick - Robyn - 04-25-2016

(04-24-2016, 02:04 PM)tscchope Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 07:50 AM)Robyn Wrote: I don't think Eve was testing if the body guards could kill Nick. Both Eve & Meisner have discussed how important Nick is to HW.
Right so Meisner and Juliette decided Nick was so much of an asset that they'd set two bodyguards on him without preparing him first. Juliette clearly didn't care if Nick survived or not. My reaction after being set up like that would have been to tell them to stuff it.

I wrote a response to your post on the relationship issues, but as I was posting it , my server provider decided that was the ideal time to develop a fault and cease working.

In brief. Adalind learnt about relationships from Renard. You say she's his star pupil. Nick thought he'd lost both parents when he was 12. Seeing his mother's head in a box, has left him emotionally dead. He was comfortable with Juliette. He didn't seem to care that she rejected his proposal. That might make him an emotional cripple.

He's relied on advice from Henrietta and Rosalee, as women, on how to deal with the big relationship issues. That Juliette turned up at home and at his place of work clearly demonstrated she wanted him to fight for her. He had the perfect opening to tell her that he knew she was a hexenbiest and that it didn't matter.

Adlaind has taken the initiative with Nick. She's taking a risk. She's showing trust , love and respect. She's almost told him about her being a hexenbiest spirit being back. She can only hope that taking Kelly from him will make him fight for his son and her and once again rescue from the being the gilded caged property of Renard. Based on his performance with Juliette that's not looking too promising.

Meisner/Eve scenes in Eve of Destruction and Reptile Dysfunction show they view Nick, the Grimm, as a necessary asset, if, they’re certain he can act as a Grimm and not Juliette’s former boyfriend/lover. They want the Grimm’s skills, not the man with his emotions. Eve even said to Meisner they should consider doing to Nick what they did to her so he’ll no longer feel any emotion/ties to his past.

Trubel had already confirmed HW had Nick under surveillance for quite some time. They already knew his abilities. What they needed to confirm was whether Nick’s emotions/attachment to Juliette would interfere with him utilizing his Grimm skills with maximum effect and handling himself in difficult situations - brute force and dealing with local authorities.

Meisner & Eve would have considered Nick collateral damage and the loss of an asset had he not survived the restaurant event. That’s because they’re soldiers dedicated to the mission. That doesn’t make them bad, it makes them different from how most perceive Team Grimm.

Adalind is my favorite character and I think the show has given her one raw deal after another. But I also see her as having emotional issues that haven’t been addressed.

I don’t consider Adalind Renard’s star pupil. I consider Adalind emotionally damaged with abandonment issues due to her toxic relationship with her mother & Renard, and possibly her father’s departure at an early age, and left unaddressed, makes any relationship potentially unhealthy.

Adalind may love Nick, but it’s more likely that she loves the idea of having a normal relationship/family, something she’s never had before. Adalind said as much in her conversation with Rosalee in ‘Clear and Wesen Danger’.

Personally, I don’t like Nick and think Adalind deserves better, but that doesn’t take away from the amount of emotional trauma Nick has endured over a short period of time.

When I said Nick is clueless, I didn’t mean he can’t see what’s in front of him - although his behavior often suggests otherwise. What I meant was, he either can’t or refuses to recognize that he is a major catalyst in his relationship problems.

Nick clearly showed interest in pursuing Adalind until she told him she loved him and they had sex. Nick’s behavior toward Adalind changed before he found out about her Hexenbiest. It changed as soon as Nick got what he thought he wanted. Instead of accepting Adalind’s gesture and working towards strengthening their relationship, he immediately went from pursuing Adalind to treating her like an adversary who required him to be cautious.

Nick is selfish. He wants/needs love but only on his own terms. He deems Adalind untrustworthy because she doesn’t tell him her Hexenbiest power is back while rationalizing his deceit as necessary and therefore justified.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

@Robyn I' agree that Nick is a mjor catalyst in his emotional problems. He doesn't react emotionally. His reaction to Juliette and Adalind is analytical ''we'll deal with it' or 'we'll get round it'.

Adalind is what Renard made her. I think is genuinely surprised she loves Nick and dares to dream about a normal life with him. She doesn't think that really possible though.

Nick's not being selfish, he's being guarded. He's waiting for Adalind to tell him. Knowing she's a hexenbiest doesn't stop him sleeping with her or having sex. Nick's not giving Adalind help to know what his reaction is likely to be to her news. All she knows is what happened with Juliette. There is a trust issue and its neither Nick nor Adalind trust themselves enough.
Unlike you, I see Adalind as the one who has made all the running in having a relationship with Nick. They've had some half-talks that don't go far enough.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 04:08 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: He had also told Monroe that moving away from Portland and starting a new life was appealing, and that he felt Juliette had been endangered too much already. I suspect that had Juliette not decided they should do it, he would never have told her how he really felt about losing his grimm.

Of course, that would have killed the entire series midway through the fourth season, so we all knew that wasn't going to happen...

He did say that, it's just the order in which he said it that lead me to believe he'd never leave Portland. He started off with the wishful thinking about a new life and finished up with really wanting his Grimm life back.

RE: Nick - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-25-2016

If he hadn't gotten the grimm back, Portland would probably have been too dangerous a place for an ex-grimm to live. But I don't see him pushing Juliette to smoke the hat if she didn't feel it herself. Wouldn't have been the first time in history someone had to choose between love and career, though.

(04-25-2016, 05:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: If he hadn't gotten the grimm back, Portland would probably have been too dangerous a place for an ex-grimm to live. But I don't see him pushing Juliette to smoke the hat if she didn't feel it herself. Wouldn't have been the first time in history someone had to choose between love and career, though.

Juliette's a very intelligent woman. It wouldn't take much for her to guess that Nick really wanted to be a Grimm more than anything. She probably figured it was better this way then to end up in some dead end town with powerless Nick. Eventually it'd come out and they both would have realized they made a colossal error.

RE: Nick - syscrash - 04-25-2016

If they had not burnt the cross on the lawn, and threatened Rosalee and Monroe, Juliette would have never smoked the hat. No one gives Juliette credit for how hard a decision that must have been. Even not considering all the things that could go wrong. She was agreeing to become Adalind. folks gloss over that, but that would take guts. Even when told to many drops she could stay Adalind she still continued to help her friends.

(04-25-2016, 05:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: If they had not burnt the cross on the lawn, and threatened Rosalee and Monroe, Juliette would have never smoked the hat. No one gives Juliette credit for how hard a decision that must have been. Even not considering all the things that could go wrong. She was agreeing to become Adalind. folks gloss over that, but that would take guts. Even when told to many drops she could stay Adalind she still continued to help her friends.

Not to mention she gave up her dream of having a normal life and a family. If that isn't a sacrifice, I don't know what is.

RE: Nick - brandon - 04-26-2016

when they came to where the wedding would Monroe and Rosalee, she said he was upset.that adalind had not had sex with Nick if there were a "GRIMM".but Nick just being a 'GRIMM "could help your friends.perhaps it is true that Nick was not entirely honest about again become a "GRIMM".I not think it was the only couple not sincere.Juliette would want a peaceful life like her parents would have had.and Nick also ... until he learned of his legacy
"GRIMM".his mother and aunt did not go well when they began to see "WESEN"..but they were children and women.
women start at puberty, perhaps as "WESEN".