Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-25-2016

The history of grimms and wesen is more complex than "kill 'em on sight" genocide. The royals used wesen for soldiers and grimms to keep them in check. Most of the accounts in the books are of grimms called upon by royals in response to some wesen attack. The only knee jerk genocidal grimms were the endezeichen, and they were a minor faction that died out long ago.

In modern times, Monroe's generation appears to be the first blutbads to actually swear off preying on humans, and although he feels bitter about his grandfather's death at the hands of a grimm, even he admits that grandpa had it coming. Aunt Marie told Nick to "hunt down the bad ones," - not all of them - and she herself was at one time going to marry a steinadler. The vast majority of wesen are living quiet, peaceful lives and appear to have never even laid eyes on a grimm. The abject terror that many of them experience when they encounter Nick and Trubel seems to be the result of their parents terrorizing their childhoods with grimm-bogeyman stories, most of which are probably not true.

RE: Nick - brandon - 04-25-2016

with respect to the trailer should get him out of the place.Adalind lost part of it and turned human.as he told Sean "wanted to lose something too.
Adalind knew Juliette "Hexenbiest" would become, so he told Sean.if Juliette became a 'Hexenbiest "it is because Nick was again a" GRIMM ".
Adalind not see it coming.that is backfired.Juliette did for his friends but not always have to wait reward.everything that happened next made you decide to choose evil.Aunt Marie told Nick now had the misfortune of the family.You could no longer have a life without fear.Nick took him well.
in change from Juliette, took his change bad.

RE: Nick - SumYungHo - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 11:36 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it amazing the of the entire show Juliette makes the most heroic sacrifice, yet she is blamed for the out come. Taking away the side effect and sticking with what she knew. Juliette still agreed to become her worse enemy and again sleep with her boy friend. Not because she was getting paid. Not because it would benefit her. Not so she would be the hero. But for the sole reason that Nick could be the hero and save their friends. Name one other character that has even come close to making that level of sacrifice.

Yeah... I'd humbly submit that having sex with her boyfriend of 4+ years isn't exactly a Christ-Died-For-Our-Sins level sacrifice.

Couples role play all the time.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

@syscrash a black eye does not equate to beating the crap out of someone. Let's not forget Adalind rushed out of the house and into a car with Renard. Had Adalind actually asked Nick where Diana was, she might have got an answer. Renard's way ensured that wasn't going to happen. Adalind's reason was to scare Juliette away from Nick.

Adalind may have had a skeleton key, but she didn't use it. Good way to mask just how strong a hexenbiest she is, though.

Nick had nowhere else to store the information/weapons other than in the trailer. He never told Juliette, on screen, where he'd moved the trailer to.

Juliette was the one who insisted Nick become a Grimm again. Nick would have been quite content to live as a normal guy again with Juliette and let Trubel do all the Grimm things, he'd done. I'm on record for expressing the belief that Juliette was a suppressed hexenbiest and needed the restorative potion for Nick's Grimm's powers to lift the suppression on her spirit. That the suppression hadn't lifted on its own in the entire time she'd known Nick is an indication as to just how powerful she truly is. The memory loss potion should not have sent Juliette into a coma. The only memories the potion was designed to remove were those of Nick. Once the coma started, Rosalee had to stop it before all memories were erased and Juliette died. That could only be if Juliette had suppressed her memories as well as her hexenbiest spirit when she started her friendship with Nick. There were several instances of scenes showing memories before Nick as being a black hole, like they'd been erased.

That's why I took her "I remember everything'"to Nick this season as being ominous. I also suspect her for betraying Chavez' meet between Nick and Hadrian's Wall.

Adaline did use her skeleton key, after Juliette closed the door in her face.

Adalind wanted to take Juliette from the house before the fight began.

Adalind ran before Juliette could beat the crap out of her when she realized that Juliette was more powerful than she was.

Renard was not waiting in the car for Adalind when she fled from Juliette. Renard was getting into his SUV with a cup of coffee in the next episode when Adalind let herself in and told him what had happend with Juliette.

Nick had suggested to Juliette that maybe they could have a normal life when he first lost his grimm, but four episodes later he admitted to Monroe that he missed it, was pissed that it had been taken from him and wanted it back.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 03:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick had suggested to Juliette that maybe they could have a normal life when he first lost his grimm, but four episodes later he admitted to Monroe that he missed it, was pissed that it had been taken from him and wanted it back.

The other thing about this; I get the impression Nick made Juliette believe it was her idea. He asked her if she really wanted him to be a Grimm again. When she said yes, he said, "then it's what I want too".

He never told Juliette he'd already confided to Monroe that he missed being a Grimm, he was pissed that it was taken away from him, and he wanted it back.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

Adalind did not have her own transport. Renard was the one who dropped her off. He didn't tell her that Juliette was a hexenbiest. Renard observed her and probably gave her his skeleton key.

Yes, Adalind was terrified as she fled the house. It would have been comical had Juliette agreed to join Adalind in a car with Renard. "Where's Diana?" "Ask him? "

Yet Nick was prepared to be normal to live with the woman he loved. Let's not forget that the only reason Nick and Monroe got to be partners in the first place was because Nick was a Grimm. Being normal didn't give him a reason to associate with Monroe anymore and Nick valued their friendship.

He had also told Monroe that moving away from Portland and starting a new life was appealing, and that he felt Juliette had been endangered too much already. I suspect that had Juliette not decided they should do it, he would never have told her how he really felt about losing his grimm.

Of course, that would have killed the entire series midway through the fourth season, so we all knew that wasn't going to happen...

RE: Nick - irukandji - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 04:07 PM)tscchope Wrote: Being normal didn't give him a reason to associate with Monroe anymore and Nick valued their friendship.

This is an interesting thought. Do you believe Monroe would have dumped Nick if Nick decided to turn to the normal side?

I think the moving away from Portland with Juliette part would have had the biggest impact on Nick and Monroe being as close as they are.