Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

@irukandji Adalind has never used deadly force against Juliette, ever. Juliette sent knives at Adalind and tried to drop a gargoyle on top of her. Adalind didn't break in. Powerful enough hexenbiests aren't inconvenienced by locked doors. Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette.

How do you know Juliette didn't tell Nick that Adalind threatened her? The house was a mess. Some explanation would have had to be given. We just didn't get to see it.

The arson of the trailer was the destruction of items of irreplaceable value and thoroughly despicable. Juliette murdered several lifetimes of workers.

Nick's vengeance is thoroughly justified whenever it comes. He's just not ready yet.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: @irukandji Adalind has never used deadly force against Juliette, ever. Juliette sent knives at Adalind and tried to drop a gargoyle on top of her. Adalind didn't break in. Powerful enough hexenbiests aren't inconvenienced by locked doors. Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette.

Adalind tried to kidnap Juliette, tscchope. She didn't succeed because Juliette beat the crap out of her. Adalind gave Juliette poison designed to put her to sleep and eventually kill her. Adalind also made sure the potion contained an ingredient so Juliette wouldn't remember Nick. If that's not deadly force, I don't know what is.

Just because a person waves their hand in front of a door and it opens for them doesn't mean that isn't breaking and entering. Adalind broke in when she took Juliette's hair for the spell. Adalind broke in when she slept with Nick and took his powers away. Adalind also broke in when she tried to kidnap Juliette. Juliette told her to get out and she wouldn't. She has a history of breaking into Nick and Juliette's house unlawfully.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: How do you know Juliette didn't tell Nick that Adalind threatened her? The house was a mess. Some explanation would have had to be given. We just didn't get to see it.

She didn't tell him because she hadn't revealed she was a hexenbiest. Just like Adalind.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: The arson of the trailer was the destruction of items of irreplaceable value and thoroughly despicable. Juliette murdered several lifetimes of workers.

What workers? You mean the dead ones who compiled the diaries? If that's the case I really don't think they're rolling over in their graves over that one.

As to value, just because they're old doesn't make them valuable. No reputable company certified them. Nick has also managed since the fire to do just fine without them.

The trailer is a thing, it's not a life and there was no proof of value.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: Nick's vengeance is thoroughly justified whenever it comes. He's just not ready yet.

It isn't justified in the least, tscchope. Nick admitted it was his fault Juliette became a hexenbiest. If he sought vengeance against Eve in his mother's name, she's just as justified in seeking vengeance against him in Juliette's name.

RE: Nick - jsgrimm45 - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 06:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: @irukandji Adalind has never used deadly force against Juliette, ever. Juliette sent knives at Adalind and tried to drop a gargoyle on top of her. Adalind didn't break in. Powerful enough hexenbiests aren't inconvenienced by locked doors. Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette.

Adalind tried to kidnap Juliette, tscchope. She didn't succeed because Juliette beat the crap out of her. Adalind gave Juliette poison designed to put her to sleep and eventually kill her. Adalind also made sure the potion contained an ingredient so Juliette wouldn't remember Nick. If that's not deadly force, I don't know what is.

Just because a person waves their hand in front of a door and it opens for them doesn't mean that isn't breaking and entering. Adalind broke in when she took Juliette's hair for the spell. Adalind broke in when she slept with Nick and took his powers away. Adalind also broke in when she tried to kidnap Juliette. Juliette told her to get out and she wouldn't. She has a history of breaking into Nick and Juliette's house unlawfully.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: How do you know Juliette didn't tell Nick that Adalind threatened her? The house was a mess. Some explanation would have had to be given. We just didn't get to see it.

She didn't tell him because she hadn't revealed she was a hexenbiest. Just like Adalind.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: The arson of the trailer was the destruction of items of irreplaceable value and thoroughly despicable. Juliette murdered several lifetimes of workers.

What workers? You mean the dead ones who compiled the diaries? If that's the case I really don't think they're rolling over in their graves over that one.

As to value, just because they're old doesn't make them valuable. No reputable company certified them. Nick has also managed since the fire to do just fine without them.

The trailer is a thing, it's not a life and there was no proof of value.

(04-25-2016, 06:23 AM)tscchope Wrote: Nick's vengeance is thoroughly justified whenever it comes. He's just not ready yet.

It isn't jusitified in the least, tscchope. If Nick exacts vengeance on Eve, she's just as justified in exacting vengeance on him in Juliette's name. That isn't going to happen.
I see the trailer fire as more than books they were family heirlooms most people after a flood or other major disaster don't talk about their 40 in tv they talk about the pictures and things that can't be replaced. Now even with the new books they are not Nick family heirlooms. Just my own thoughts on this point, others will see it different I'm sure.

Next to setting up Kelly and Nick I see that as the worst thing Juliette did, and I'm one who has no use for pictures and the likes.

(04-25-2016, 06:58 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I see the trailer fire as more than books they were family heirlooms most people after a flood or other major disaster don't talk about their 40 in tv they talk about the pictures and things that can't be replaced. Now even with the new books they are not Nick family heirlooms.

Next to setting up Kelly and Nick I see that as the worst thing Juliette did, and I'm one who has no use for pictures and the likes.

They weren't family heirlooms, js. They were old diaries. There was nothing in any of them about Nick's family, that I recall. The only value those diaries had to him was the information they contained. He never viewed them as valuable antiquities or they wouldn't have remained in the trailer.

RE: Nick - jsgrimm45 - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 07:00 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 06:58 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I see the trailer fire as more than books they were family heirlooms most people after a flood or other major disaster don't talk about their 40 in tv they talk about the pictures and things that can't be replaced. Now even with the new books they are not Nick family heirlooms.

They weren't family heirlooms, js. They were old diaries. There was nothing in any of them about Nick's family, that I recall. The only value those diaries had to him was the information they contained. He never viewed them as valuable antiquities or they wouldn't have remained in the trailer.
Now more so that before because Nick family was in the book of Grimm's we will have to agree to disagree on the heirlooms they could have went back centuries in his family. We know he added things to them even Juliette help with that. The problem with Nick was he trust people too much with the trailer. Note Nick didn't know about the trailer so Marie kept it on the QT.

Like Monroe asked one time were they insured Nick said no. Look at that Monroe's uncle wanted for 20 a 100,000 dollars so I would say they had money and heirloom value. Kelly told Nick to protect them so she saw valve. Here we just see the books different.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-25-2016

@irukandji The books in Aunt Marie's trailer were the collected works of the Kessler family going back to Roman times. They are first person records of historical significance. If the reputable company was owned by a Grimm, they would have been able to authenticate. Nick thought the books would be safe in the trailer.

Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette. She went to scare her away from Nick. Juliette did not beat the crap out of her. She succeeded in scaring Adalind, though.

Breaking and entering involveds the forcing of entry. it's a legal definition. Go look it up. Adalind could not be convicted because she did not force entry. Just as Adalind couldn't force a conviction on Juliette for entering the fome. Nick's got surveillance tapes, so he'd have seen Juliette's entry.

Adalind's wnet into Nick's house three times. Once to acquire Juliette's hair. The second time to remove Nick's powers and the third to scare Juliette away.That is nmot constantly.

The aftermath of Adalind and Juliette's fight left Nick's home a mess. As I wrote. we just didn't get to hear what Juliette told Nick. Adalind came to visit , tried to scare her, but left when Juliette had told her Nick was due back any minute and that if she hurt her, Nick would chase her down.

Nick didn't cause Juliette being a hexenbiest. He may blame himself, but he really was not to blame for anything.

Adalind's memory potion was designed to make Juliette forget Nick and nothing more. It was not intended to put her in a coma. The reason it did, is still one of those unexplained things.

Nick will have his vengeance.

(04-25-2016, 07:12 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Now more so that before because Nick family was in the book of Grimm's we will have to agree to disagree on the heirlooms they could have went back centuries in his family. We know he added things to them even Juliette help with that. The problem with Nick was he trust people too much with the trailer. Note Nick didn't know about the trailer so Marie kept it on the QT.

Like Monroe asked one time were they insured Nick said no. Look at that Monroe's uncle wanted for 20 a 100,000 dollars so I would say they had money and heirloom value. Kelly told Nick to protect them so she saw valve. Here we just see the books different.

I'm going to bring something up about Nick. I don't think he saw the diaries as some kind of rare antiquities. You brought up a very good point about Nick, js. If Nick believed the diaries were rare antiquities that were extremely valuable, he wouldn't be writing in them. That is a big no no in the rare book world.

As a Grimm, I don't think Nick has the ability to appreciate rare and valuable things. I think he takes a practical approach. I believe Marie and Kelly had the same outlook.

RE: Nick - Elkhound - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 07:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm going to bring something up about Nick. I don't think he saw the diaries as some kind of rare antiquities. You brought up a very good point about Nick, js. If Nick believed the diaries were rare antiquities that were extremely valuable, he wouldn't be writing in them. That is a big no no in the rare book world.

Marie was a Librarian. However, the books were part of an ongoing project. As the current custodian, Nick had a duty to add to the Grimm Chronicles for future generations of Grimms.

RE: Nick - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-25-2016

Librarian was Marie's occupation, or at least that's what she had been telling Nick. She hunted wesen on the side. It's not as if you can actually make a living at being a Grimm since the Crusades ended.

(04-25-2016, 07:24 AM)tscchope Wrote: Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette. She went to scare her away from Nick. Juliette did not beat the crap out of her.

Adalind wanted to use Juliette to force Nick to help her get Diana back. Juliette told her to get out of the house, and she said she would if Juliette went with her. The threat was there, if not overtly stated.

Adalind ran away before Juliette beat the crap out of her. The fight was clearly going in that direction.

RE: Nick - syscrash - 04-25-2016

Tscchope wrote:
Quote:@irukandji The books in Aunt Marie's trailer were the collected works of the Kessler family going back to Roman times. They are first person records of historical significance. If the reputable company was owned by a Grimm, they would have been able to authenticate. Nick thought the books would be safe in the trailer.

Adalind never tried to kidnap Juliette. She went to scare her away from Nick. Juliette did not beat the crap out of her. She succeeded in scaring Adalind, though.

Breaking and entering involveds the forcing of entry. it's a legal definition. Go look it up. Adalind could not be convicted because she did not force entry. Just as Adalind couldn't force a conviction on Juliette for entering the fome. Nick's got surveillance tapes, so he'd have seen Juliette's entry.

Adalind's wnet into Nick's house three times. Once to acquire Juliette's hair. The second time to remove Nick's powers and the third to scare Juliette away.That is nmot constantly.

The aftermath of Adalind and Juliette's fight left Nick's home a mess. As I wrote. we just didn't get to hear what Juliette told Nick. Adalind came to visit , tried to scare her, but left when Juliette had told her Nick was due back any minute and that if she hurt her, Nick would chase her down.

Nick didn't cause Juliette being a hexenbiest. He may blame himself, but he really was not to blame for anything.

Adalind's memory potion was designed to make Juliette forget Nick and nothing more. It was not intended to put her in a coma. The reason it did, is still one of those unexplained things.

Nick will have his vengeance.

you really need to re-watch the episodes.

If the books where so valuable then why level them in a trailer in the middle of no where. Why not a storage unit that had security and a door that could lock. All of the stuff did not burn, plus Nick seemed to have what he needed to solve cases. You people want to make it sound like Juliette burnt down the library of Alexandria. Do you people realize you are actually morning the destruction of a collection of documentation of the genocide of a group of people for the only reason of who they are. Book written to glorify the actions. Not one book addressed ways to help only how to execute.
Why do you think Felix was upset that he could not destroy the books he had. Or why Monroe would always get sad when reading about how wesen where being massacred.

Adalind told Juliette you are coming with me. Then through the vase to force the issue. Adalind never expected the response of " The hell i will" and have the vase thrown back at her. Picking the lock as Adalind did with her skeleton key is breaking and entering. Did not beat the crap out of her. Juliette through her from one end of the house to the other. I would consider the black eye Adalind had in the truck with Sean an indication of getting beat up.

It was after the fight that Juliette told Nick Adalind had come by to attack her. Nick reply was I will kill her. Juliette answered I almost did. It was the manticore that Juliette did not say anything.

Rosalee said they had only a small amount of time to get Juliette the antidote or she would lose all her memories and would die. The potion Roselee created only stopped the memory lose and death. they had no idea how to wake her. Maybe Adalind had only intended to take Juliette's memories. Adalind screwed up, Rosalee confirmed Juliette would die.

On the same note, I am sure Adalind never intended for Juliette to become a hexenbiest. You are right Nick did not turn juliette into a hexenbiest. But because of Nick, Juliette felt compelled to try and help him and her friends. I find it amazing the of the entire show Juliette makes the most heroic sacrifice, yet she is blamed for the out come. Taking away the side effect and sticking with what she knew. Juliette still agreed to become her worse enemy and again sleep with her boy friend. Not because she was getting paid. Not because it would benefit her. Not so she would be the hero. But for the sole reason that Nick could be the hero and save their friends. Name one other character that has even come close to making that level of sacrifice.