Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 09:18 AM)Robyn Wrote: Because Nick and Adalind haven’t matured or learned anything from their past.

Adalind is the epitome of insanity,

Nick is as selfish and clueless as ever.

Seriously? Nick can tell from the sex, talk of trust and Adalind wanting to tell him something that she's working her way to telling him she's a hexenbiest again.
Adalind is frequently in situations not of her own making. In a life of servitude to Renard, until Nick took away her hexenbiest spirit. The royals tried to take baby Diana at birth -they didn't want to pay the Gypsy Queen anything for the baby. She took Nick's powers away because she was tricked by Viktor into thinking he had Diana.

She is now in a similar position. Forced to leave Nick, take Kelly just to be with Diana and marry Renard for his happy family image with the voters -who won't remember that Renard is a confirmed bachelor and womaniser.
She'll tell Nick that she a hexenbiest, that's she's leaving etc ...

Nick's been emotionally dead since he saw his mother's head. He's not had a full Grimm on this entire season. When he's tried to be a Grimm, he's had his ass kicked and relied on others, usually Monroe, to save his ass. Nick is likely to take his feelings out on Rosalee. Not really justified, of course, but an emotional outburst would be welcome if only to see a different emotion play across Nick's face.

RE: Nick - Robyn - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 11:05 AM)tscchope Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 09:18 AM)Robyn Wrote: Because Nick and Adalind haven’t matured or learned anything from their past.

Adalind is the epitome of insanity,

Nick is as selfish and clueless as ever.

Seriously? Nick can tell from the sex, talk of trust and Adalind wanting to tell him something that she's working her way to telling him she's a hexenbiest again.
Adalind is frequently in situations not of her own making. In a life of servitude to Renard, until Nick took away her hexenbiest spirit. The royals tried to take baby Diana at birth -they didn't want to pay the Gypsy Queen anything for the baby. She took Nick's powers away because she was tricked by Viktor into thinking he had Diana.

She is now in a similar position. Forced to leave Nick, take Kelly just to be with Diana and marry Renard for his happy family image with the voters -who won't remember that Renard is a confirmed bachelor and womaniser.
She'll tell Nick that she a hexenbiest, that's she's leaving etc ...

Nick's been emotionally dead since he saw his mother's head. He's not had a full Grimm on this entire season. When he's tried to be a Grimm, he's had his ass kicked and relied on others, usually Monroe, to save his ass. Nick is likely to take his feelings out on Rosalee. Not really justified, of course, but an emotional outburst would be welcome if only to see a different emotion play across Nick's face.

I think my short post resulted in a narrow interpretation of my overall meaning. My fault, not yours. I wasn’t referring to a specific reason for a specific problem - Adalind not telling Nick her powers are back. But rather, how their lack of growth as individuals and as a couple influences their decisions and reactions.

Adalind is approaching her relationship with Nick in the same way she approached her relationship with Renard. As long as I give him everything he wants, behave the way the wants, etc, he’ll love me and we’ll be happy. She became a substitute Juliette. I don’t think that was her first choice by a long shot, but like Adalind always has, she’ll do whatever to get whatever.

Nick is approaching relationship problems with Adalind the same way he approached relationship problems with Juliette - he wants/needs love, but only on his own terms. When Nick calmed down after finding out Juliette was a Hexenbiest, his reaction wasn’t to focus on working things out with his girlfriend who became a Hexenbiest, but rather, how to get rid of it. Nick doesn’t see, or won’t admit, that he is the common force in any complications with Hexenbiest Juliette and Hexenbiest Adalind. Both women were afraid Nick would kill them if he found out.

Adalind and Nick are new enough, and considering their past, Adalind’s fears are reasonable. But Juliette and Nick were in a long-time relationship and she still feared he’d respond as a Grimm reacting to a Hexenbiest instead of man reacting to the woman he wanted to marry.

Nick told Adalind that he and Juliette had a chance at a normal life but didn’t take it. That’s not entirely true. Juliette went along with it because it was what Nick wanted. He wasn’t happy not being a Grimm. Nick chose being a Grimm over having a family/normal life. He now has the chance to be a Grimm and have a family, and still he finds problems that interfere with his happiness.

Nick distrusts Adalind because she hasn’t admitted her Hexenbiest is back, but seems completely satisfied that him deceiving her is justified and won’t complicate their relationship and trust. Or maybe he doesn't care.

Adalind has to learn to love, respect and trust herself before trying to build a healthy relationship that can withstand sharing even the most feared secrets. Nick needs to learn that relationships can’t be molded into a perfect interpretation of what he thinks they have to be. And he needs to learn that being a Grimm doesn’t give him unlimited justification for his behavior/decisions.

----------

Does any know if Adalind told Nick that his home security was useless against Eve, and that she threatened her? Or maybe Rosalee or Monroe told him? Do you think he would react negatively and confront Eve about entering his/Adalind’s home without permission and threatening Adalind?

RE: Nick - New Guy - 04-23-2016

Hi Robyn,
You asked:
Quote:Does any know if Adalind told Nick that his home security was useless against Eve, and that she threatened her? Or maybe Rosalee or Monroe told him? Do you think he would react negatively and confront Eve about entering his/Adalind’s home without permission and threatening Adalind?
I do not know if anything was said about the break in and threat to Nick, but he has seen first hand how FrankenEve operates. Adalind should have told Nick immediately. Monroe and Rosalee were in the tunnel, heard the threat and should tell Nick.
FrankenEve has no regard for anyone. She remains totally devoid of ethics or morals. She has broken into several private homes. Some have resulted in death. Will Nick continue to be a patsy or will he Grimm up and tell FrankenEve if she ever again sets foot on his property he will "come for her." He needs to make it clear that he is the Dēcapitāre and if she ever threatens Adalind or any of his friends it will be her head in the box.
New Guy

RE: Nick - syscrash - 04-23-2016

Here is the question. After Eve's threat Adalind want's to sleep with Nick. Was that because Adalind felt she needed to keep Nick happy. On she was worried that Eve still want's Nick.

RE: Nick - outlander - 04-24-2016

As far as theme songs for Nick go... I guess subconsciously I secretly long for a much darker and grimmer... er, _Grimm_. A lonelier path. (shrug). So sue me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mrMLMV6E4CM

RE: Nick - New Guy - 04-24-2016

Hi Forum,
IMO, FrankeEve still want's Nick . . . DEAD. Hexenette was attempting to kill Nick when Trubel shot her. The first time Nick spoke with FrankenEve was in the restaurant where she set him up to see if the two body guards could kill him. She is an emotionless killing machine and remembers how much she wanted to kill Nick.
If Nick wants to protect Adalind and Kelly he needs to Grimm up and avenge his Mother's death. Off with her head!
New Guy

RE: Nick - Robyn - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 04:03 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
IMO, FrankeEve still want's Nick . . . DEAD. Hexenette was attempting to kill Nick when Trubel shot her. The first time Nick spoke with FrankenEve was in the restaurant where she set him up to see if the two body guards could kill him. She is an emotionless killing machine and remembers how much she wanted to kill Nick.
If Nick wants to protect Adalind and Kelly he needs to Grimm up and avenge his Mother's death. Off with her head!
New Guy

I don't think Eve was testing if the body guards could kill Nick. Both Eve & Meisner have discussed how important Nick is to HW. Eve and Meisner were testing Nick's emotional stability when working with, being around Eve/Juliette. If he can't handle it, he'd be a liability, not an asset.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 07:50 AM)Robyn Wrote: I don't think Eve was testing if the body guards could kill Nick. Both Eve & Meisner have discussed how important Nick is to HW.
Right so Meisner and Juliette decided Nick was so much of an asset that they'd set two bodyguards on him without preparing him first. Juliette clearly didn't care if Nick survived or not. My reaction after being set up like that would have been to tell them to stuff it.

I wrote a response to your post on the relationship issues, but as I was posting it , my server provider decided that was the ideal time to develop a fault and cease working.

In brief. Adalind learnt about relationships from Renard. You say she's his star pupil. Nick thought he'd lost both parents when he was 12. Seeing his mother's head in a box, has left him emotionally dead. He was comfortable with Juliette. He didn't seem to care that she rejected his proposal. That might make him an emotional cripple.

He's relied on advice from Henrietta and Rosalee, as women, on how to deal with the big relationship issues. That Juliette turned up at home and at his place of work clearly demonstrated she wanted him to fight for her. He had the perfect opening to tell her that he knew she was a hexenbiest and that it didn't matter.

Adlaind has taken the initiative with Nick. She's taking a risk. She's showing trust , love and respect. She's almost told him about her being a hexenbiest spirit being back. She can only hope that taking Kelly from him will make him fight for his son and her and once again rescue from the being the gilded caged property of Renard. Based on his performance with Juliette that's not looking too promising.

RE: Nick - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-24-2016

What HW wanted to find out was whether Nick would provide cover for Eve, since they knew that he knows she is (or used to be) Juliette. They know Nick can take out two attacking wesen without even breaking out in a sweat.

RE: Nick - Dian Mclean - 04-24-2016

(04-23-2016, 06:03 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Robyn,
You asked:
Quote:Does any know if Adalind told Nick that his home security was useless against Eve, and that she threatened her? Or maybe Rosalee or Monroe told him? Do you think he would react negatively and confront Eve about entering his/Adalind’s home without permission and threatening Adalind?
I do not know if anything was said about the break in and threat to Nick, but he has seen first hand how FrankenEve operates. Adalind should have told Nick immediately. Monroe and Rosalee were in the tunnel, heard the threat and should tell Nick.
FrankenEve has no regard for anyone. She remains totally devoid of ethics or morals. She has broken into several private homes. Some have resulted in death. Will Nick continue to be a patsy or will he Grimm up and tell FrankenEve if she ever again sets foot on his property he will "come for her." He needs to make it clear that he is the Dēcapitāre and if she ever threatens Adalind or any of his friends it will be her head in the box.
New Guy

I totally agree with you. Some one needs to tell Nick that Eve went uninvited into his home threatened his sons's mother. I mean how dear she after all the damages she did to him. Rosalee and Monroe was too quick to tell Nick that Adalind is a Hexen again. But not that Eve/Julitte threatened Adalind.
This is what I cannot understand no matter what the reasons are I cannot justify Nick working along side Eve/Juliette after all that she did, I mean burn down your trailer, stand by and listen while your mom is murdered. Come on give me a break. Nick is no way innocent by a far means but enough is enough.