Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - syscrash - 03-13-2016

I don't see it as understanding the wesen world. I see it as Eve unlike Nick and especially Adalind. Thinks and operation through. She sizes up the target, formulates a plan. Then sticks to the plan and is not swayed by emotions. When Sean messed up the plans, Meisner was very upset. Eve was still cool , calm, only looking for how to salvage what they had.
Eve is not ordered to do anything. She evaluates the situation and decides the best course of action. Meisner and Trubel had located Marwan. Eve wanted to know who he was before she went after him. Meisner had no idea what Eve was going to do. That showed when she got back and tossed the phone on the table, with her smart ass he had a bike accident.

Folks can hate on Eve all they want. If shows Bitsie has captured the characters portrayed in every spy action show that has a covert female operative, assassin. So have the writers.

RE: Nick - jsgrimm45 - 03-13-2016

(03-13-2016, 02:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: I don't see it as understanding the wesen world. I see it as Eve unlike Nick and especially Adalind. Thinks and operation through. She sizes up the target, formulates a plan. Then sticks to the plan and is not swayed by emotions. When Sean messed up the plans, Meisner was very upset. Eve was still cool , calm, only looking for how to salvage what they had.
Eve is not ordered to do anything. She evaluates the situation and decides the best course of action. Meisner and Trubel had located Marwan. Eve wanted to know who he was before she went after him. Meisner had no idea what Eve was going to do. That showed when she got back and tossed the phone on the table, with her smart ass he had a bike accident.

Folks can hate on Eve all they want. If shows Bitsie has captured the characters portrayed in every spy action show that has a covert female operative, assassin. So have the writers.
This I can see very good outline of the character.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 03-13-2016

I think Eve has a very good understanding of the wesen world. She knows about woging and can force wesen to woge at will. She also clued in on how the sniper would escape. He did not escape like a human but climbed down the side of the building. The more I see of her, the more I suspect there might be some Grimm in her.

RE: Nick - syscrash - 03-13-2016

Quote:the more I suspect there might be some Grimm in her.

That is how see became a hexenbiest by having some Grimm in her.
I don't remember Eve making someone woge. The guy in the restaurant woged because he was dying.

Understanding wesen. To me the conversation with Adalind explained a lot of Rosalee's attitude with Juliette. I just assumed being a wesen Rosalee would be able to relate and understand Juliette as a hexenbiest. From the conversation Rosalee know nothing about being a hexenbiest and what that meant. From her reaction to Adalind. What being a hexenbiest is, does not compare to what being a wesen is. This also begs the question. Adalind knows there is not cure, she knows her powers back, she now has a different frame of mind. She saw how hiding it from Nicked worked out. Why would she not be up front, and address the issue head on with Nick.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 03-15-2016

(03-13-2016, 03:30 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:the more I suspect there might be some Grimm in her.

That is how see became a hexenbiest by having some Grimm in her.
I don't remember Eve making someone woge. The guy in the restaurant woged because he was dying.

I don't recall wesen woging when they are dying. What I recall is that they revert to their human form right before they die. I'll have to watch the scene again on demand. I got the impression that Eve took complete control and forced him into a partial woge.

RE: Nick - syscrash - 03-15-2016

Quote:I don't recall wesen woging when they are dying. What I recall is that they revert to their human form right before they die. I'll have to watch the scene again on demand. I got the impression that Eve took complete control and forced him into a partial woge.
dying is stressful stress equals woge. Nick is the only one that seems to make someone woge. Even that it only happens during questioning. Some of us find being questioned by a cop very stressful even when innocent.

(03-15-2016, 12:06 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:I don't recall wesen woging when they are dying. What I recall is that they revert to their human form right before they die. I'll have to watch the scene again on demand. I got the impression that Eve took complete control and forced him into a partial woge.
dying is stressful stress equals woge. Nick is the only one that seems to make someone woge. Even that it only happens during questioning. Some of us find being questioned by a cop very stressful even when innocent.

Eve does not have the power to see wesen. I think she made the guy woge so she knew she was killing the right man.

Quote:Eve does not have the power to see wesen. I think she made the guy woge so she knew she was killing the right man.

The guy in the restaurant got up was walking out the door. Eve woged and started applying pressure to his inner ears. He then bent over in pain, woged, dropped to the floor. When he woged blood had already started coming from his ears.

not a good example because they have changed the rules. Nick's first woge was Adalind, an involuntary woge that only he could see. Hank was looking at her and didn't see it. I will take a leap of speculation because I can not remember another time when a hexenbiest and a wesen involuntary woge was in the same scene. if season 1 episode 1 rules still apply. if they can do an involuntary woge they can see and involuntary woge.

I may makes sense that this would apply to Eve, but does not prove it applies to Eve because she is unique.

(03-15-2016, 12:27 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Eve does not have the power to see wesen. I think she made the guy woge so she knew she was killing the right man.

The guy in the restaurant got up was walking out the door. Eve woged and started applying pressure to his inner ears. He then bent over in pain, woged, dropped to the floor. When he woged blood had already started coming from his ears.

not a good example because they have changed the rules. Nick's first woge was Adalind, an involuntary woge that only he could see. Hank was looking at her and didn't see it. I will take a leap of speculation because I can not remember another time when a hexenbiest and a wesen involuntary woge was in the same scene. if season 1 episode 1 rules still apply. if they can do an involuntary woge they can see and involuntary woge.

I may makes sense that this would apply to Eve, but does not prove it applies to Eve because she is unique.

I was thinking Eve probably couldn't see an involuntary woge because she didn't have the cones in her eyes. So she forced the guy to woge to make sure he was her target. I was thinking the woge happened so fast that maybe the people in the restaurant didn't see it or thought they were seeing things. But didn't her eyes glow in Friday's episode? I can't remember if they glowed in the restaurant. Maybe she has the ability to see involuntary woges and that's what we saw? I will have to watch the scene over again.

In Friday episode her eyes went blank. It's the wall paper on one of my monitors.

Not sure if this observation is intended by the writers. Adalind, Cathrerine, even Hexenette seemed to have to go into a different state to do anything. They appear to tap into their powers.

Eve seems to stay in that state full time. Even her woge now she just does it. No exaggerated head roll. I see no change in her.