Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - syscrash - 03-01-2016

Do you think it is Mari that made the difference or Monroee. I see Nick meeting Monroe and Monroe being who he is, is the only reason Nick made it as a Grimm. Did Monroe engage Nick out of curiosity, or as away to have a Grimm as a friend not an enemy. I found it interesting how the show portrayed their first sit down. Over a beer these two guys, one as curious as the other. Especially how it seemed Monroe was looking at Nick like he was the strange one. I liked Monroe's comment about "a Grimm what do you know" as he stares at him.

It is so great to go back and see the first episodes. Nick is so innocent. The problem I found I was constantly going if you only knew. Especially Juliette.

RE: Nick - brandon - 03-02-2016

Marie was not sure it was Nick a 'GRIMM ".she told herself Nick-not left the house when he started to see the "Wesen".say it was cautious about this secret world.
could cause damage to his nephew exposed to this before we can see or not to "Wesen"

RE: Nick - jsgrimm45 - 03-02-2016

(03-01-2016, 10:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: Do you think it is Mari that made the difference or Monroee. I see Nick meeting Monroe and Monroe being who he is, is the only reason Nick made it as a Grimm. Did Monroe engage Nick out of curiosity, or as away to have a Grimm as a friend not an enemy. I found it interesting how the show portrayed their first sit down. Over a beer these two guys, one as curious as the other. Especially how it seemed Monroe was looking at Nick like he was the strange one. I liked Monroe's comment about "a Grimm what do you know" as he stares at him.

It is so great to go back and see the first episodes. Nick is so innocent. The problem I found I was constantly going if you only knew. Especially Juliette.
Another interesting outcome is how Nick got Monroe out of his lifestyle and Monroe give Nick first hand look into the wesen world. Both have benefited from this meeting. Like you say Juliette is different I still see her as not really ready for this world even after she learns of it. Her statement when talking about Wu knowing and the statement to Sean with the book a the best clue to that mental state.

RE: Nick - wfmyers1207 - 03-02-2016

(03-01-2016, 08:47 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:This has nothing to do with that, it's something else I was thinking of. I'll try to keep it short. Aunt Marie enters Nick's life, bringing the trailer filled with all of the interesting things. She starts to tell Nick about being a Grimm, then comes the warning to dump Juliette. Immediately Nick begins embracing becoming a Grimm even though he has no earthly idea what a Grimm is.

Nick was not considered an extremely young man when this occurred and he never seemed to me to be one who's easily impressionable. So what do you think would cause a man to suddenly change course and embrace something so strange?

Wouldn’t part of Nick’s seemingly easy acceptance be because this information, as unimaginable as it sounded, came from someone that had played a vital role in his upbringing, and with whom he shared an absolute trust?

His reaction would have been much different if some woman had shown up and said hi, you don’t know me but I’m your aunt Marie and I have something to tell/show you about your heritage.

Marie warned him to end his relationship with Juliette for her good, but Nick didn’t. Nick instead tried to keep one foot planted in the Grimm world and one foot planted in the normal/his old lifestyle world.

Perhaps Marie was right after all. As time went on Nick’s foothold in the Grimm world became stronger as his foothold in the normal world weakened. It seems the more Nick embraced being a Grimm, the less safe Juliette and their normal life became.

I've thought that since S1 "Game Ogre" when the seigbarst trashed his home. He needed to get the hell away from her or place her life in mortal danger constantly.

In my mind, that was the one really selfish and stupid thing the character of Nick did in the course of the show. For her sake, he should have gotten out of her life.

Aunt Marie was right and Kelly was wrong. Kelly's judgement was colored by her guilt at sending her son away on the same night his father was killed, and then pretending to be dead for 19 years and not even seeing him or talking to him for all that time. Sad

RE: Nick - Robyn - 03-02-2016

(03-01-2016, 10:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: Do you think it is Mari that made the difference or Monroee. I see Nick meeting Monroe and Monroe being who he is, is the only reason Nick made it as a Grimm. Did Monroe engage Nick out of curiosity, or as away to have a Grimm as a friend not an enemy. I found it interesting how the show portrayed their first sit down. Over a beer these two guys, one as curious as the other. Especially how it seemed Monroe was looking at Nick like he was the strange one. I liked Monroe's comment about "a Grimm what do you know" as he stares at him.

I think both Marie and Monroe were vital to Nick becoming a Grimm. He needed the initial introduction from someone he trusted. But Monroe was able to give him personal insight into the Wesen world. Plus, a lot of help reading the Grimm books & understanding the different types of Wesens.

No doubt, Nick becoming friends with Monroe while embracing his Grimm heritage positively influenced Nick’s opinion of the Wesen community. I don’t know what/how Marie would have taught/trained Nick, but Kelly was pretty much old school. The only good Wesen is a dead Wesen.

RE: Nick - syscrash - 03-02-2016

I look back at how Monroe handled educating Nick. Helping him into being a Grimm. Even on his first encounter Nick threatened Monroe into helping. I have wondered if Nick had of had the patience, understanding Monoree had with him, with Juliette would she have turned out like she did. To me it is only because of Monroe's tolerance and willingness to overlook things from Nick. Is why Nick is not an old school Grimm.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 06:54 AM)brandon Wrote: Marie was not sure it was Nick a 'GRIMM ".she told herself Nick-not left the house when he started to see the "Wesen".say it was cautious about this secret world.
could cause damage to his nephew exposed to this before we can see or not to "Wesen"

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, brandon, but it did give me some ideas.

I have been wondering if Aunt Marie did some real damage to Nick by telling him he was a Grimm.

Quote:I have been wondering if Aunt Marie did some real damage to Nick by telling him he was a Grimm.

If she had not told him what would have done with what he was seeing. Wu went to the psychic ward, Hank set in the dark with his guns.
I think she did more harm but not telling him sooner when she had time to explain more. Mari should have done what Monroe did.
Isn't it the responsibility to prepare the next generation. Rolek tried to prepare Josh, and Rolek was not even a practicing Grimm.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 07:29 PM)syscrash Wrote: If she had not told him what would have done with what he was seeing. Wu went to the psychic ward, Hank set in the dark with his guns.
I think she did more harm but not telling him sooner when she had time to explain more. Mari should have done what Monroe did.
Isn't it the responsibility to prepare the next generation. Rolek tried to prepare Josh, and Rolek was not even a practicing Grimm.

I know with regard to Trubel, Grimm has tried to make some connection between her Grimm heritage and insanity. In other words, because there was no one around to explain what was happening to her, the natural result is mental instability.

I'm not certain how many Grimms there are in the states, but I would imagine there are some who never had another Grimm around to explain things to them. How would they get on? There might be some that end up in a mental institution, but I think the majority would probably get on just fine.

There's nothing special so about Nick that makes him the only one who could make friends with a wesen. Other Grimms might be doing the same thing. The only differences are that they don't have a relative on hand who's a Grimm or a lot of history books and weapons stashed somewhere to influence their thinking. What they might learn about their heritage may come from their friend, the wesen. I wonder just how different Nick would have been had Monroe been the one to break the news to him rather than Marie. Nick might have turned out to be a just and law abiding detective, fully in control of himself and married to Juliette, with a couple of kids by now.

As far as other Grimms not knowing, there might be places in the world the consist or only humans and Grimms with no wesen. Grimms would never think they're seeing things because there's nothing to see.

There must be places where there are only wesen and humans, but no Grimms because Grimms seem to be on the endangered list as far as sightings by wesen go.

Quote:There's nothing special so about Nick that makes him the only one who could make friends with a wesen.
Their is something very unique about Nick. He meet Monroe. That is the only reason I can see he was not like his mom or aunt. EVen his aunt on her death bed, Monroe their to protect her, was ready to take him on.

Quote:I'm not certain how many Grimms there are in the states, but I would imagine there are some who never had another Grimm around to explain things to them. How would they get on? There might be some that end up in a mental institution, but I think the majority would probably get on just fine.

How would it even be possible to be just fine without someone to walk you through the introduction. Even Hank told Wu. This is something that is hard to wrap your mind around. I would imagine Grimm that don't know would end up like Trubel kill anything that woges, without knowing what is going on. To me Trubel was far from fine. Her book showed the nightmare she was living. I found the resolve she showed in her writting, the refusing to let it take her. It was one of the saddest but up lifting moments on the show. To me Nick has never come close to showing that kind of strength. To me Juliette was the only other character to show that kind of strength. When she lost her memories of Nick, then started having the hallucinations, after dealing with the compulsive desire for Sean.
Other then her gypsy friend. I don't remember anyone helping her realize she was not going crazy. Juliette not only got her memories back she keep going to discover the truth. Lets not forget, her head is all messed up, and she has no idea that magic or any of what she is going through is possible. I can only imagine she thinks it is all her. I see it as Juliette took what anyone would see as a psychotic break, and cured it without drugs or therapy. That is strength and determination. It was from that point on Juliette was my hero.