Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-19-2017

No, you don't have to want to see red flags in order to see them.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 05:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: No, you don't have to want to see red flags in order to see them.

Well, we disagree, but then that's no surprise.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-19-2017

I agree that it's the presentation that sets off the red flags. I like to hypothesize just as much as anyone but the statements about Adalind aren't being played that way. There's a version of her character that some people have in mind that just doesn't exist in the show but they're making statements like that's actually who the character is. It's not being presented as a "what if" scenario.

Three confusing discussions that come to mind are the Adalind is just conning Nick, Kelly isn't really his, and even the Juliette was just slumming with Nick debates. None of these things have anything to support them in the show but there are plenty of statements that make it seem like that's exactly what is happening. It should of been stated that these were preferred scenarios rather than trying to impose them on the narrative.

For the record, I preferred the conniving Adalind but that character is long gone. She's not running any schemes.

(03-19-2017, 05:37 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I agree that it's the presentation that sets off the red flags. I like to hypothesize just as much as anyone but the statements about Adalind aren't being played that way. There's a version of her character that some people have in mind that just doesn't exist in the show but they're making statements like that's actually who the character is. It's not being presented as a "what if" scenario.

Three confusing discussions that come to mind are the Adalind is just conning Nick, Kelly isn't really his, and even the Juliette was just slumming with Nick debates. None of these things have anything to support them in the show but there are plenty of statements that make it seem like that's exactly what is happening. It should of been stated that these were preferred scenarios rather than trying to impose them on the narrative.

For the record, I preferred the conniving Adalind but that character is long gone. She's not running any schemes.

While a majority of people may have found the Juliette slumming discussion confusing, I actually learned a great deal about slumming from reading the thread. I'm not trying to be offensive here, but if the moderators aren't setting warning parameters on discussions, why then should anyone else be offended by what's being discussed?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 04:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: round-heeled slut,

What is a: round-heeled slut?

I thought high heels were more associated with certain behaviors.

Puzzled....

(03-19-2017, 05:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: While a majority of people may have found the Juliette slumming discussion confusing, I actually learned a great deal about slumming from reading the thread. I'm not trying to be offensive here, but if the moderators aren't setting warning parameters on discussions, why then should anyone else be offended by what's being discussed?

I wouldn't say I'm offended by them, but it is annoying when they're injected into discussions about what's actually happening on the screen by people who seem to be insisting that what we're seeing is a deception and their imagined scenario is the actual reality.

I didn't find the "Juliette was slumming" discussion to be among these, btw, because that argument merely addresses how Nick and Juliette's relationship might have started or might have been viewed by others and doesn't necessarily undermine it. Except in the minds of people who think there's something "wrong" with relationships between people of differing social levels.

(03-19-2017, 06:10 PM)izzy Wrote: What is a: round-heeled slut?

It's an old expression that suggests a woman of low character who doesn't require much of a push to get her onto her back for sex.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's an old expression that suggests a woman of low character who doesn't require much of a push to get her onto her back for sex.

Thank you. It is appreciated.

(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wouldn't say I'm offended by them, but it is annoying when they're injected into discussions about what's actually happening on the screen by people who seem to be insisting that what we're seeing is a deception and their imagined scenario is the actual reality.

Well, I don't see it that way. I think it's a little on the thinned skinned side to take what's being posted and insist it's being applied to what you're seeing. I don't recall anyone on the forum stating anything to that effect.

There are certain people who keep on insisting that Kelly can't be Nick's son. Easy enough to look those posts up if you want to.

(03-19-2017, 07:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: There are certain people who keep on insisting that Kelly can't be Nick's son. Easy enough to look those posts up if you want to.

Rather like certain people who insist that there's no real pedophilia going on in Grimm because the scoobies won't let it happen.

So what? What harm is there by it?