Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Saranghaeyo Oppa - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 06:38 PM)syscrash Wrote: For Juliette to return, she would have to deal with what she buried. That will never happen. Eve is another Meisner and Kelly. there whole life is dedicated to the struggle. This fight has gone on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. That is why she is Eve she has mad piece that this is what she was meant to do. She is not looking for power, or riches. She only wants to be of service. Will she do the wrong thing yes but for what she thinks is the right reason.

It will be interesting to see if someone in danger will move her off her mission causing her to fail. Whither it is because she stopped to save them or because they where in the way. Consider Meisner sacrificed Diana to kill the King. If not he would have brought her to Sean or Adalind. he and the pilot where the only ones left on the helicopter. So we should next except any less from Eve.

Your right but I still think she will face all she has done because all Meisner helped her with is control the rage she feel. Eventually all she has done might haunt her one day because all she did was accept she did horrible things but didn't feel bad about it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-05-2016

(02-04-2016, 07:06 PM)Saranghaeyo Oppa Wrote: Your right but I still think she will face all she has done because all Meisner helped her with is control the rage she feel. Eventually all she has done might haunt her one day because all she did was accept she did horrible things but didn't feel bad about it.

I don't think so. I've seen this with other characters on Grimm. No one faces the consequences for their actions. Since this thread is about Juliette and Adalind, I'll talk about Adalind for a moment.

Adalind has often been excused of doing any evil because she was a pawn, a patsy, or someone's gofer. If that's all she is, that makes her a real dumbhead then because she can't think for herself.

But what about all that she's done? For instance, stooping low enough to steal someone else's hexenbiest and forcing them to die a pretty horrible death in order to do it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 06:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 07:06 PM)Saranghaeyo Oppa Wrote: Your right but I still think she will face all she has done because all Meisner helped her with is control the rage she feel. Eventually all she has done might haunt her one day because all she did was accept she did horrible things but didn't feel bad about it.

I don't think so. I've seen this with other characters on Grimm. No one faces the consequences for their actions. Since this thread is about Juliette and Adalind, I'll talk about Adalind for a moment.

Adalind has often been excused of doing any evil because she was a pawn, a patsy, or someone's gofer. If that's all she is, that makes her a real dumbhead then because she can't think for herself.

But what about all that she's done? For instance, stooping low enough to steal someone else's hexenbiest and forcing them to die a pretty horrible death in order to do it.

Just a provocative post (in a good way since the idea is to make us to think...).
Grimm characters didn’t suffer direct consequences for their actions and choices. But if we think in indirect consequences, I think Nick, Adelaind and Juliette are ones who had suffered more the consequences of their bad actions and choices.
Nick lost his girlfriend and was betrayed by her having his own mother killed in the process. It is a consequence of the choices he made in the past… like he didn’t trust Juliette enough to tell her about the grimm thing (just an example… there would be more…).
Juliette was tortured (that is my opinion) to die and became Eve. She lost everything in the process (job, friends, family… her life…). She became a weapon (a thing).
Adelaind lost her mother. She lost her powers twice. She was always running away (from Nick, them from the royals, them from Nick again and in the end from Juliette/Eve). The last one, but not the least important… she lost her daughter. And the only one that now is taking care of her now is Nick (son of the woman who killed her mother) and just because of their son. Ok, they are starting to have a thing… but…
I think we can consider those three suffered the consequences of the choices they made. Should they suffer more? Should they suffer less? Should they have had a more direct consequence of their actions?
Those are questions for debate…

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Saranghaeyo Oppa - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 06:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Well said and very true. But Adalind went to that hexinbiest for help but the hexenbeist was trying to steal Adalind's life. Lucky for Adalind someone helped her trick that woman and get back her hexenbeist powers. Your right no one has faced any of their wrong doings.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-06-2016

(02-05-2016, 06:25 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Just a provocative post (in a good way since the idea is to make us to think...).

Grimm characters didn’t suffer direct consequences for their actions and choices. But if we think in indirect consequences, I think Nick, Adelaind and Juliette are ones who had suffered more the consequences of their bad actions and choices.

Nick lost his girlfriend and was betrayed by her having his own mother killed in the process. It is a consequence of the choices he made in the past… like he didn’t trust Juliette enough to tell her about the grimm thing (just an example… there would be more…).

Juliette was tortured (that is my opinion) to die and became Eve. She lost everything in the process (job, friends, family… her life…). She became a weapon (a thing).

Adelaind lost her mother. She lost her powers twice. She was always running away (from Nick, them from the royals, them from Nick again and in the end from Juliette/Eve). The last one, but not the least important… she lost her daughter. And the only one that now is taking care of her now is Nick (son of the woman who killed her mother) and just because of their son. Ok, they are starting to have a thing… but…
I think we can consider those three suffered the consequences of the choices they made. Should they suffer more? Should they suffer less? Should they have had a more direct consequence of their actions?
Those are questions for debate…

This is an interesting way of viewing the characters' actions. I was about to type that Juliette got the raw end of the deal in all of this, but I stopped because as always, your posts make me think. And I totally agree.

To me, this could go along with that saying, "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it". In a sense, they were all brainwashed, weren't they?

Nick had a pretty nice life as a cop. But he threw all of that aside and latched on to this idea of being a Grimm. The fact that Renard sweetened the pot by letting Nick do whatever he damn well pleased helped too. I'm thinking Nick was under the impression that this life was never going to catch up with him because he had the protection of the police behind him.

Juliette's a little tougher because she didn't start out on the same footing as Nick or Adalind. She had a good life to speak of. I guess I could say she wanted to be a part of Nick's world so badly that she actually became something that would be in Nick's world? I mean really, why would she put her life and well being on the line so that Nick could get back his Grimm? I understand Monroe and Rosalee's well being were at stake, but there is a line to be drawn here. Thoughts?

Adalind also had a very successful life, if we're to believe Nick and Hank's comments. So what made Sean and Catherine pull her from that life and use her? The only thing I can think of was that she was easily manipulated, maybe? What I find most ironic about Adalind? I think if you had asked her five years ago if her dream was to end up as a rather nondescript humdrum sort of housewife character, complete with baby AND dependent upon Nick, she probably would have sneered and said no way!

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 02-06-2016

I've thought about that phrase regarding adalind spell.adalind perhaps emotions are very present.
Now Juliette / Eve is a powerful Hexenbiest and adalind has what Juliette had.
as I said Claire C. adalind perhaps had something to envy Juliette

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Isa - 02-06-2016

(02-04-2016, 07:06 PM)Saranghaeyo Oppa Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 06:38 PM)syscrash Wrote: For Juliette to return, she would have to deal with what she buried. That will never happen. Eve is another Meisner and Kelly. there whole life is dedicated to the struggle. This fight has gone on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. That is why she is Eve she has mad piece that this is what she was meant to do. She is not looking for power, or riches. She only wants to be of service. Will she do the wrong thing yes but for what she thinks is the right reason.

It will be interesting to see if someone in danger will move her off her mission causing her to fail. Whither it is because she stopped to save them or because they where in the way. Consider Meisner sacrificed Diana to kill the King. If not he would have brought her to Sean or Adalind. he and the pilot where the only ones left on the helicopter. So we should next except any less from Eve.

Your right but I still think she will face all she has done because all Meisner helped her with is control the rage she feel. Eventually all she has done might haunt her one day because all she did was accept she did horrible things but didn't feel bad about it.

Agreed. She'll have to have some kind of closure from all this.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-06-2016

Quote:Juliette's a little tougher because she didn't start out on the same footing as Nick or Adalind. She had a good life to speak of. I guess I could say she wanted to be a part of Nick's world so badly that she actually became something that would be in Nick's world? I mean really, why would she put her life and well being on the line so that Nick could get back his Grimm? I understand Monroe and Rosalee's well being were at stake, but there is a line to be drawn here. Thoughts?

This brings up a very interesting point on Juliette part. By this time she was well into the know. But she really still didn't feel she was apart of Nicks world. The choice was not really help Nick get his powers back it was more. Does she live in his world or does she keep him in hers. She choose to join his world. Desire made it come true, result Hexenette. Like they say be careful what you wish for.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 02-06-2016

My experience in watching a lot of supernatural modern TV shows has taught me that people's 'bad deeds' rarely catch up with them in these type of shows. What most writers do is simply do a reboot.
Reboots are usually achieved through 'memory wipes', retrograde amnesia, possession, death and resurrection in which the resurrected comes back altered in some kind of way that they no longer relate to their old lives. Another plot also involves some characters losing their unique powers and becoming ordinary causing a tilt of balance.
Also, in most of these shows, there are rarely 'heroes' most characters are either villains or anti-heroes meaning their actions are mostly in a grey area.
Unlike daytime soaps where a person can hide a secret for 3 months or pay for their transgression eventually. The writers have 22 episodes to tell the story and wrap it up. There is not enough time to do all that so they have to find loopholes around it. The only way most characters can begin to pay dearly is by death.
The end serves to justify the means here. We may be waiting for a very long time for poetic justice.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 08:53 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick had a pretty nice life as a cop. But he threw all of that aside and latched on to this idea of being a Grimm. The fact that Renard sweetened the pot by letting Nick do whatever he damn well pleased helped too. I'm thinking Nick was under the impression that this life was never going to catch up with him because he had the protection of the police behind him.

This interesting, particularly your first sentence, in light of your background.

Did you mean to write it this way perchance?

Nick had a pretty nice life for a cop.

Curious...