Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 03:02 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 02:43 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I do not agree since Elizabeth is Sean's mother and Sean told her he wanted to Nick get his powers back. Elizabeth is not neutral and she was not planning on coming back either and she was a hexenbiest too. Elizabeth bias was for Nick to get his powers back.

If Adalind's spell was really life threatening then she would have wanted him to stay human and told Sean that to since doing the same spell again may only add side effects yet not get rid of the earlier ones.

You're saying Nick going back to being a grimm was *just as* dangerous as Nick stating he didn't want to do anything and be a human. That means he was no better off if he became a grimm or remained human.

If one is as dangerous as the other, that means Adalind's spell had consequences *besides* taking Nick's grimm away.

Yes, it has side effects but death was not seen as likely.

So what you're saying is Elizabeth was not helping Nick, but helping Sean? In other words then, she deliberately kept Juliette's side effects secret in order to deceive Nick into becoming a Grimm?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 03:08 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 02:43 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I do not agree since Elizabeth is Sean's mother and Sean told her he wanted to Nick get his powers back. Elizabeth is not neutral and she was not planning on coming back either and she was a hexenbiest too. Elizabeth bias was for Nick to get his powers back.

If Adalind's spell was really life threatening then she would have wanted him to stay human and told Sean that to since doing the same spell again may only add side effects yet not get rid of the earlier ones.

You're saying Nick going back to being a grimm was *just as* dangerous as Nick stating he didn't want to do anything and be a human. That means he was no better off if he became a grimm or remained human.

If one is as dangerous as the other, that means Adalind's spell had consequences *besides* taking Nick's grimm away.

So what you're saying is Elizabeth was not helping Nick, but helping Sean? In other words then, she deliberately kept Juliette's side effects secret in order to deceive Nick into becoming a Grimm?

Yes, imo she down played the side effects and never offered any suggests to help Juliette even though Sean.

(03-15-2017, 03:15 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Yes, imo she down played the side effects and never offered any suggests to help Juliette even though Sean.

Well, that's why we differ. That theory has been brought up before. It's an interesting theory, but as far as I remember, no one could find any facts to substantiate it.

(03-15-2017, 03:21 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: You're saying Nick going back to being a grimm was *just as* dangerous as Nick stating he didn't want to do anything and be a human. That means he was no better off if he became a grimm or remained human.

Well, that's why we differ. That theory has been brought up before. It's an interesting theory, but as far as I remember, no one could find any facts to substantiate it.

Sean sold Elizabeth the idea of giving Nick his Grimm back so he could protect Diana who his mother was taking care of.

(03-15-2017, 03:30 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean sold Elizabeth the idea of giving Nick his Grimm back so he could protect Diana who his mother was taking care of.

I didn't get that impression from the episode. My impression was that Elizabeth wanted Diana, but Sean had no idea where she was.

(03-15-2017, 03:30 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:21 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:02 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Yes, it has side effects but death was not seen as likely.

Sean sold Elizabeth the idea of giving Nick his Grimm back so he could protect Diana.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Fight

At the spice shop, Elizabeth reads the steps of the spell. Elizabeth says that the spell ties Nick and Adalind together in unpredictable ways (side effect).

Scene: Renard wakes up and sees his mom looking out the window.

Elizabeth: Adalind, Catherine's daughter?
Renard: Yes. She used the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester. There's one more thing. A child, a girl.
Elizabeth: Whose child?
Renard: Adalind's and mine.
Elizabeth: So I'm a grandmother.
Renard: Not that you look it.
Elizabeth: When do I get to see her?

Scene: Renard talks with his mom about giving Diana to Viktor.
Renard: If I hadn't given her to Viktor, he would've killed me and you.
Elizabeth: So you had no choice but to give my granddaughter to the Royals? I know you better than that. You wouldn't have given her to Viktor, but giving her to the Resistance wouldn't have guaranteed her safety, either. However, it would be advantageous if the Royals thought the Resistance had her. Are you gonna tell me where she really is?
Renard: I don't know, but she's with someone who owes allegiance to no one.

He tells her that Kelly Burkhardt has her and that she is a very dangerous Grimm. Elizabeth states she's going to find her, and Renard says he knows she'll try.

Elizabeth tells him to be careful and that she wants her granddaughter. She tells him that Kelly will be in contact at some point with Nick and that she wants him to be ready for that. Renard promises her that he will.

In Renard's office, Renard tells Nick that his mother left. Nick says he's sorry he didn't get a chance to say thank you, and Renard says maybe he still can. Renard says that now that his mother knows she has a granddaughter, she is on a quest to find her. Nick asks if he told her who has her, and Renard says he had to tell her because she's his mother and she just saved his life. Renard asks Nick if he's heard from his mother, and Nick says that if he had, she wouldn't tell him where she was, but he tells Renard he has not heard from her. Renard says that his desire is only to protect his child and that he doesn't want his mother to kill Nick's mother. Nick tells him that he doesn't want his mother to kill Elizabeth either. Renard says that if they can't warn Kelly or dissuade his mother, then they have to figure out another way to deal with things.

(03-15-2017, 03:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 03:30 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean sold Elizabeth the idea of giving Nick his Grimm back so he could protect Diana who his mother was taking care of.

I didn't get that impression from the episode. My impression was that Elizabeth wanted Diana, but Sean had no idea where she was.

Sean told her that Kelly Nick's mom had Diana. Elizabeth wanted Sean to keep an eye on Nick to get her daughter back. Elizabeth is not neutral.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-15-2017

I think that only the witch who cast the spell knows what the side effect would be. Catherine did not mention anything and and if Rosalee knew. But it seems after knowing what ingredients was wearing. Maybe to be mark of the witch.

(03-15-2017, 03:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean told her that Kelly Nick's mom had Diana. Elizabeth wanted Sean to keep an eye on Nick to get her daughter back. Elizabeth is not neutral.

It's obvious that she's not neutral, since she brought her son back to life. I think her interest in her granddaughter was perfectly normal. Obviously she's not neutral in that area either.

But having an interest in her family does not automatically prove she's involved in some conspiracy theory.

(03-15-2017, 03:56 PM)brandon Wrote: I think that only the witch who cast the spell knows what the side effect would be. Catherine did not mention anything and and if Rosalee knew. But it seems after knowing what ingredients was wearing. Maybe to be mark of the witch.

And this is why I continue to believe Adalind tampered with the grimm spell to make sure Nick would suffer and eventually die. It's in Adalind's blood. She's a serial killer.

(03-15-2017, 04:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: And this is why I continue to believe Adalind tampered with the grimm spell to make sure Nick would suffer and eventually die. It's in Adalind's blood. She's a serial killer.

At the spice shop, Elizabeth reads the steps of the spell. Elizabeth says that the spell ties Nick and Adalind together in unpredictable ways (side effect).

IMO the spell helped Adalind get pregnant.

Eve and Adalind are tied together because of the spells and when one is dying the other can feel it. Eve gain a hexenbiest to be more like Adalind.

Adalind fully expected that Nick would not be sick when she talked to Sean and Juliette.

IMO no evidence to show the spell was lethal just unpredictable and connected people in strange ways.

If the potion was lethal Adalind would have been the one at risk.

Only Nick's headaches went away after he got his grimm back all other side effects stayed.

(03-15-2017, 04:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: IMO the spell helped Adalind get pregnant.

Adalind was already pregnant before Elizabeth ever attempted the spell. If you're suggesting Adalind tampered with her own spell to get pregnant, that would not be possible either. She seemed extremely surprised to find out she was pregnant and disgusted that the baby was Nick's. She was so disgusted at the thought she thought about trying to make Viktor the father.