Grimm Forum
WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy (/Thread-WarGames-Players-diplomacy-and-strategy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - jsgrimm45 - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 11:31 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 11:29 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 11:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: But the wesen guy who worked with Nick (can't recall his name) didn't act like anyone from the uprising threatened him. So why would they have destroyed his business?
Need a little more info are you talking about the guy who set them up or someone else?

The guy who had the bakery. The one who was kidnapped.
I missing something. How you didn't see him as being threatened? He hadn't been threatened before that night granted but that night sure was a threat. I may be missing your context on this threatening how were you intending it? Sorry

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - irukandji - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 12:02 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: How you didn't see him as being threatened? He hadn't been threatened before that night granted but that night sure was a threat. I may be missing your context on this threatening how were you intending it? Sorry

They tore up his bakery, but I don't recall any of them saying something to the effect of "Join us or else". Did they?

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 12:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 12:02 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: How you didn't see him as being threatened? He hadn't been threatened before that night granted but that night sure was a threat. I may be missing your context on this threatening how were you intending it? Sorry

They tore up his bakery, but I don't recall any of them saying something to the effect of "Join us or else". Did they?

No. He wasn't directly threatened to join the uprising. I found his name on internet... It was Xavier.

In the transcript of the episode, Monroe was telling some exemples of past wesen revolts and aparently they started with wesen against wesen.

In the end there is a line from Hank:

Quote:So, last night was Wesen on Wesen.

Monroe answers:
Quote:Feels like some of us are being made an example of.

That is why I have a feeling it is a treat to all wesen... it is not to just one specifically. It is like a terrorist group from real life. Last year there was an attack in Paris. This year there will olimpic games here in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro. There isn't a direct threat to Brazil... But here we get to think: If they try a terrorist attack here, are we prepared to deal with it?

I think this is the feeling the wesen uprising wanted the other wesen have when they attacjed only wesen.

Did I make my self clear?

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - syscrash - 01-14-2016

The bakery guy Xavier was not part of the uprising, but was threatened by them to get Nick to the factory. As we have seen all attacks start with the elimination of the Grimm. The theory on the show is the only thing that can stop any plan is the Grimm. Yes there are a ton a logical holes in this idea, but it is the vehicle that drives the show. The same vehicle that says we can attack a factory without automatic weapons. The same vehicle that says a bunch of wesen is better then a sniper on the roof to take out a Grimm. This is the same theory that says a group o freedom fighters can take out a global super power.

From a logical stand point it is ridiculous. But it does create an excuse for the good guys to create mayhem against the bad guys. If you get the viewers to believe this group is threatening humanity, then anything that happens to them is accepted. This now allows the show to create attack and defense strategies without having to worry about the ramifications of law. A lesson the show learned with the wesenrein. That attack required the writers to force a legal explanation. Creating the BC now legality no longer matters. Now they can use the rules of war.

Prior to the BC the show tried to use Nick being a Grimm and doing what Grimm do to explain his war like actions. All people keep saying he can't do that, he is a cop. Or Nick is a rouge cop. As a soldier working with HW, hopefully Nick will not be judged as a rouge cop, but as a brave solider. The same goes for Eve. If Eve had of taken out all of the Bauerschwein in "A dish best served cold" like she did the BC. The viewers would have had a ton of complaints. Defining BC as a terrorist group it is now OK. Even though the two group are doing the same thing.

(01-14-2016, 12:24 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 12:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:

No. He wasn't directly threatened to join the uprising. I found his name on internet... It was Xavier.

In the transcript of the episode, Monroe was telling some exemples of past wesen revolts and aparently they started with wesen against wesen.

In the end there is a line from Hank:

Quote:So, last night was Wesen on Wesen.

Monroe answers:
Quote:Feels like some of us are being made an example of.

That is why I have a feeling it is a treat to all wesen... it is not to just one specifically. It is like a terrorist group from real life. Last year there was an attack in Paris. This year there will olimpic games here in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro. There isn't a direct threat to Brazil... But here we get to think: If they try a terrorist attack here, are we prepared to deal with it?

I think this is the feeling the wesen uprising wanted the other wesen have when they attacjed only wesen.

Did I make my self clear?

But here's the thing, Adriano. Humans attack other humans all of the time. It doesn't mean there's an uprising in the works. To me, if Grimm is going with an uprising and the end result is world dominance, attacking a few individuals' shops just doesn't cut it.

Quote:syscrash wrote:
From a logical stand point it is ridiculous

I completely agree.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 12:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the thing, Adriano. Humans attack other humans all of the time. It doesn't mean there's an uprising in the works. To me, if Grimm is going with an uprising and the end result is world dominance, attacking a few individuals' shops just doesn't cut it.

Actually I don't like this plot the writers choose... I agree this world domination thing is a little too much. But just defending the writers (just a little)... It is was said in the last episode the attacks was coordenated in many cities... So it wasn't just a few individuals' shops. Those is what was shown. That happend in more cities...

(01-14-2016, 01:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 12:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the thing, Adriano. Humans attack other humans all of the time. It doesn't mean there's an uprising in the works. To me, if Grimm is going with an uprising and the end result is world dominance, attacking a few individuals' shops just doesn't cut it.

Actually I don't like this plot the writers choose... I agree this world domination thing is a little too much. But just defending the writers (just a little)... It is was said in the last episode the attacks was coordenated in many cities... So it wasn't just a few individuals' shops. Those is what was shown. That happend in more cities...

I remember that, but that presents another problem. Let's say that Chicago, Kansas City, and Oklahoma City all had a few shops that were broken into on that very same night. I'm not downplaying the violence in any way, but what happened in a few other cities is only enough to raise an eyebrow in those respective cities. Portland isn't going to contact Chicago and tell them a few shops were broken into. Likewise, Kansas City isn't going to tell Oklahoma City that they had a few shops broken into. That's what I'm saying. The wesen can coordinate it all they want, but if they don't have media coordinating them somehow so all of the other wesen can wonder, it just comes down to some violence in separate cities.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - jsgrimm45 - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 01:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

In the previews we are are told it happened in Brazil and other countries also. I think today we would have to look at North Korea only a handful men hold real power but they control the whole country, why because everyone are in fear if they don't tell on the friends and etc the will be told on, so they do nothing becasue of fear. If they tried to do something and failed they be dead or worst in a camp. So a few can control the group with fear. Should the writers have this type of uprising we have to wait and see I think this group we are seeing now is nothing but cannon fodder for what is really going on, and I don't take the royals out of the picture.

So looking at this group and its goals is not where we should be looking. IMO

Let us look at the real world of today how far can causing fear get you?

(01-14-2016, 01:28 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Let us look at the real world of today how far can causing fear get you?

In answer to this question, I would say not far. That's basing my response on America and not other countries.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - wfmyers1207 - 01-14-2016

@jsgrimm. Thinking about your comments on 'cannon fodder' and the Royals potentially being involved made me think of a comment the king made in "Cry Havoc". He spoke about people wanting order and security over freedom in a dangerous world.

The potential of the Royals using this group, and financing them, should be considered carefully IMO. Black Claw members not knowing who is really behind all this of course. The Royals never get their own hands dirty. They use front men for that.

They use Black Claw members to raise hell all around the globe and then they move in like heroes.

"We know how to deal with this! Our ancient families have done it before!" Viola! They are in charge!

It is a scheme that just might work in the world of Grimm.Dodgy